Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I heard at the time (couldn't verify, so take our with a grain of salt), that the plan was for him to be Nu52 Wally, Manapul refused to do it, and Daniel was a compromise.
    That wouldn't surprise me, I just think I remember at the end of the Manapul/Buccelato run they had like Frye and Barry's dad talking about what really happened and had the effect of Daniel's lightning at the very end. Though they immediately left so I'm not sure how far out they had planned it.

Incredible Member

My head canon is that now Ace grew up knowing he was Daniel's son, his mother raised him alone but the West help her since they are family, despite Daniel being absent. That's how Ace played with Wally when he was a little children.

Question is, his mother has been missing since his debut after the CSA's attack. Is she dead? Is she Alive? Are they going to use her someday?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me, I just think I remember at the end of the Manapul/Buccelato run they had like Frye and Barry's dad talking about what really happened and had the effect of Daniel's lightning at the very end. Though they immediately left so I'm not sure how far out they had planned it.

Frye was the guy who took care of Barry, right? I remember at the end of Manapul's run it was implied he could be Barry's biological father, did they do something with that or it was forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I honestly wish Daniel would be erased somehow. Having yet another Reverse Flash was ridiculous.
    I honestly thought his redemption and sacrifice in New Suicide Squad was a pretty perfect ending. Now that character's been opened and closed and we can put him on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I heard at the time (couldn't verify, so take our with a grain of salt), that the plan was for him to be Nu52 Wally, Manapul refused to do it, and Daniel was a compromise.
    I thought Didio was pretty adamant about no Wally at all? Then when Manapul wanted to squeeze Wally in as a wheelchair-bound kid it was overruled? I haven't heard if there was a different story, but judging by Heroes in Crisis I wouldn't put it past TPTB

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Frye was the guy who took care of Barry, right? I remember at the end of Manapul's run it was implied he could be Barry's biological father, did they do something with that or it was forgotten?
    Yeah Frye was the police chief from Brightest Day that then got switched to Barry's surrogate dad post-New 52. Iirc Frye and Nora had an affair and maybe it was teased that he was Barry's dad, but that was a ruse to get the evil miner ghost (love comics) off of Barry's tail? But Frye was pretty solidly confirmed as not being Barry's dad

Also, I want to say that Wallace not knowing Daniel was his dad during his childhood is still canon? I can't remember off the top of my head how it was explained that Rudy was/wasn't Wallace and Wally's dad, but I do think that Ace not growing up with Daniel as his dad is still trauma that's referenced.

Also, Ira should absolutely be Iris's dad over Joe. Goofy scientist >> cop any day of the week

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I thought Didio was pretty adamant about no Wally at all? Then when Manapul wanted to squeeze Wally in as a wheelchair-bound kid it was overruled? I haven't heard if there was a different story, but judging by Heroes in Crisis I wouldn't put it past TPTB
    I don't know... Didio was very anti-Wally, yes, and the more he learned fans hated that, the more he double downed on it. Could/Would he turn Wally into a villain - maybe supposed to be anti-hero after a while - to fuck with fans AND ensure he never "graduated" to main Flash? I think so. Given his behavior, it's a solid guess. And he did that exact same thing with Donna Troy, then tried to do it again with Suicide Squad Wally. HE was trying to do that even pre-Flashpoint, actually, with Wally almost being part of Deathstroke Titans. I didn't put much stock into it at the time, now I think it's quite possible that that was on the table at some point.

But as I said, I was never able to verify this. So you know, may be true, may not.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Does Wallace still have the backstory of believing Rudolph his father during his earlier childhood? Did the ever come up with a reason he would be told such a story? I remember one panel/version where Wally and Wallace interacted as kids (little Wally holding a littler Wallace), but in that context Wallace would have had to have believed Wally his half-brother at the time, but I don't think that aspect was ever addressed?

Also, has the age/order of the West children been re-arranged, or is Daniel still the youngest?
    I go one further. There was a Wallace West like in the CW show. Now that Wally is returned, did Wallace and Wally merge? Is Linda Park still alive?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post

Yeah, interestingly enough Frye was the inspiration for the show's Joe West. I guess they basically merged him with Ira (and gave him a race-lift to boot!) To drive it home, Frye does appear in the pilot of the show as Joe's partner, who's swiftly killed off by the Weather Wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I go one further. There was a Wallace West like in the CW show. Now that Wally is returned, did Wallace and Wally merge? Is Linda Park still alive?
    So the show's Wallace West is simply Wally West. He appeared before they separated Wally and Ace into distinct characters in the comics. And he's a lot closer to the comic-book Wally, race-lift notwithstanding.
    Last edited by bat39; 04-11-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I honestly thought his redemption and sacrifice in New Suicide Squad was a pretty perfect ending. Now that character's been opened and closed and we can put him on a shelf.

Yeah Frye was the police chief from Brightest Day that then got switched to Barry's surrogate dad post-New 52. Iirc Frye and Nora had an affair and maybe it was teased that he was Barry's dad, but that was a ruse to get the evil miner ghost (love comics) off of Barry's tail? But Frye was pretty solidly confirmed as not being Barry's dad
    Frye was actually originally from Barry's first series. VERY different relationship than we saw in the New 52. He is Captain Invincible!
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah..*****nily enough Frye was the inspiration for the show's Joe West. I guess they basically merged him with Ira (and gave him a race-lift to boot!) To drive it home, Frye does appear in the pilot of the show as Joe's partner, who's swiftly killed off by the Weather Wizard!

So the show's Wallace West is simply Wally West. He appeared before they separated Wally and Ace into distinct characters in the comics. And he's a lot closer to the comic-book Wally, race-lift notwithstanding.
    I like TV Wally but I do not think he is like any version of Wally from the comics.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I like TV Wally but I do not think he is like any version of Wally from the comics.
    Well, he was certainly closer to comic-book Wally than the initial New 52 version of Wallace was!

If you look beyond the obvious visual differences, I think you'll find a fair amount of convergence.

Incredible Member

At this point, CW Wally is more like Max Mercury, being into zen meditation and talking about the speed force in a spiritual way.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well, he was certainly closer to comic-book Wally than the initial New 52 version of Wallace was!
    Was he?

Admittedly, I completely stopped watching around the time Wally ran in front of a car in hopes of jumpstarting his powers, but up until then, nothing really made me think of Wally. Or, at least, nothing that made me think he was closer to Wally rather than the character introduced in the New 52. His character was basically its own thing with concepts of Wallace's backstory being used from what I had seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Frye was actually originally from Barry's first series. VERY different relationship than we saw in the New 52. He is Captain Invincible!
    Oh man you're right, I completely forgot about Captain Invincible! Wouldn't that be a funny plot thread to bring back in the modern day

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Was he?

Admittedly, I completely stopped watching around the time Wally ran in front of a car in hopes of jumpstarting his powers, but up until then, nothing really made me think of Wally. Or, at least, nothing that made me think he was closer to Wally rather than the character introduced in the New 52. His character was basically its own thing with concepts of Wallace's backstory being used from what I had seen.
    Well, he did become a Flash Fanboy who tried to get his own powers and became The Flash's sidekick. So the basics were there at least.

Soooooooooo there are now two Wally Wests and an Ace West all with Superspeed?