Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Andromeda from LEGION (SW6)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Superman: The black suit and beard from the Lois and Clark mini.

Flash: New 52. It was the only one that didn't suck from that time.

Wonder Woman: I'm gonna get dragged for this but I liked the pants and jacket look.

Robin: The Arkham games look with the hood.

Batman: The Nolan movies by far. Very dark. Very clean.
    Assassinate Putin!

Shade, the Changing Man:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Nightwing comes to mind.
    For sure he is not going back to disco neck or to pantless Robin.
    I was trying to think of one, and then I came across this comment and realized this is hands-down the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The first one, a female version of Mon-El's, was really awful. The second one is really good (as were, IMHO, most of the Legionnaries versions).

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Shade, the Changing Man:
    Gonna have to disagree here. Ditko's version is bold, and a great super-hero look. The second is, IMHO, kind of bland. Of course, my opinion may be biased, since I absolutely adore Ditko's Shade, the Changing Man, and abhor Milligan's second rate copy (despite it being quite successful with the general public. Personally, I never saw the appeal).

Peace

My picks. Wally's new suit remains my favorite look for Flash and, IMO, one of the best designs in comic book history.

Wallynewsuit.jpg

NARobin.jpg

green-lantern-hal-jordan-rebirth.jpg

BANNED

BATMAN - Grey and blue, yellow oval and capsule utility belt

WONDER WOMAN - George Perez post-COIE

FLASH - Barry Allen. Wally West has a great version for himself but Silver Age is still the standard.

GREEN LANTERN - Hal Jordan from Rebirth

ROBIN - Tim Drake original

BLUE BEETLE - Ted Kord

CAPTAIN ATOM - DC introduction post-COIE

NIGHTWING - Chuck Dixon Bludhaven era

HUNTRESS - Helena Bertinelli's "purple V" bodysuit that made it to Grant Morrison's JLA

DONNA TROY - Forget the starfield theme. New Teen Titans red is where it's at.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Can't believe I forgot to mention Kyle!

GreenLanternCircleofFire37477_d.jpg
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Can't believe I forgot to mention Kyle!

GreenLanternCircleofFire37477_d.jpg
    What about Kyle? The image is his original suit. (and the title disqualifies reverting to an old one) Unless you're considering the change from the standard GL suit that first appeared on his body. (which personally I don't think counts since he was never meant to be in that uniform for long)

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked Aquaman's blue costume.

I'm willing to say I liked this look.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I liked Adam Hughes' redesigns for Fire and Ice in JLA

Agreed, these were great redesigns.

I'm probably the only one who would think of these two, but I thought the new costumes for the Wonder Twins were an improvement, getting rid of the overly-cartoony appearance.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Honestly I liked a lot of the reboot costumes. I loved the uniformed look they had with the belt and L belt buckle and how most of them had the same color down the middle with another color on the outside of it. Ot allowed them all to be unique but still look like a team.

Retired

I feel like any artist who uses the starfield in a costume design ought to make a charitable contribution in the name of Dave Cockrum, since he was the one who introduced this with Star Boy. In memory of Dave, a contribution to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund or the Diabetes Association would be appropriate.

Ralph Dibny's best costume was his second/third/fourth--depending how you count them. I'm not in love with the first costume he had, which was purple and blue, although it improved somewhat when he stopped wearing the mask--which made sense once he'd revealed his identity to the world (however, I feel like Barry outed Ralph already in his first issue appearance, THE FLASH 112).

In DETECTIVE COMICS 350, for his annual birthday surprise, Sue gave him his new costume. It was cool, but it was red with yellow and black accents--which made him look too much like Plastic Man. There was one issue--357 (November 1966)--where the colours were reversed, with yellow being the dominant, giving him a Reverse-Flash treatment. In the letter column, Julie Schwartz explained this as an accident, but it's hard to see how such a colour reversal was maintained for the entire story without someone catching it.

Given that Plastic Man had come back from limbo and this colour reversal happened in the same month that the first issue of PLASTIC MAN hit newsstands, I suspect they wanted to change Ralph's outfit so he didn't look too much like Plas.

In the next issue, it went back to red, but the issue after that--359 (January 1967), the same issue that Batgirl debuted--the red was changed to purple or magenta (on covers it looked more purple, inside it looked more magenta) and it stayed like that for the rest of Ralph's 1960s run. That was the costume he was in when I started reading and it's the one I liked best.

In the 1970s, Elongated Man reverted back to wearing the red version. And then in the 1980s and beyond, Ralph had several other costume designs (mostly purple). But it's the version that first appeared in 'TEC 359 that I've always preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Katana's black costume she has since the New 52, instead of the Red and Yellow Pre Flashpoint Version.

Flame Bird's (Bette Kane) costume from the late 90s (???) opposed to the version form the mid 80s.
    This one, right? I totally agree and I was happy to see it return when Flame Bird showed up recently in the Legion of Bloom one-shot.

Flamebird_002.jpg