Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    CATMAN's continuing evolution out of Batman's visual shadow has worked for Thomas Blake thru the various incarnations of SECRET SIX.
    Attachment 133050

...with the street level, sometimes bare-chested, look by Dave Eaglesham being the biggest departure, but will he seems to have reverted to his previous look in more recent appearances.
    It was such a disappointment seeing him reverted to his old costume. This was a million times better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    For me the Cockrum update of Lightning Lad's look from cape to his iconic look that I prefer over all the "upgrades" that have come after it.
    You can't improve upon it, though some have tried. Kitson's modifications were okay, but unnecessary. I think that design owed a bit to Neal Adam's dark blue Angel outfit from late 1960s X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I can't bear to look at this mask, it's so ugly! It has to be the ugliest mask in the comics.

I like the uniform, but do people here really like this mask?
    The entire thing looks bad by today's standards, but I didn't mind it in the 90s. The armored gauntlets and boots are overkill. The mask is overly complicated as well. Also found it funny that Kyle -- who was not a jock/athlete when he found the ring looked so buff in costume. I always assumed he used the ring to pad the uniform to add fake musculature. Seemed like something Kyle would do.

By the time we got thru the depths of the Earth Angel plot with the Linda Danvers SUPERGIRL, the riot grrrrrl costume that followed was a welcome change from the standard cheerleader alien look.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Wally West's yellow and red costume, changing from the mini Flash suit he started out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I can't bear to look at this mask, it's so ugly! It has to be the ugliest mask in the comics.

I like the uniform, but do people here really like this mask?
    I liked it, although there were quite a few artists that didn't seem to know how his nose fit under it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Wally West's yellow and red costume, changing from the mini Flash suit he started out with.
    That's one of the best.

A few of the Legionnaires from the 70s -- Lightning Lad (already mentioned). Light Lass, Star Boy, Colossal Boy, Timber Wolf, Shrinking Violet, Karate Kid. There were some other ones I loved (Phantom Girl, Duo Damsel, Element Lad) that probably haven't held up as well as the rest).