Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Constantine" Brings Jim Corrigan to Television

Actor Emmett Scanlan has been cast as Jim Corrigan -- better known as The Spectre -- in the debut season of "Constantine" on NBC.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

He's fantastic in season 2 of "In The Flesh". He should fit into this role really well.

All-New Member

I know him from Hollyoaks. He was very good.

I just hope that if he becomes the Spectre, he looses the goatee. I always hated that look on that other Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by LorrieK View Post
    I know him from Hollyoaks. He was very good.
    I remember him in that as well. Brendan, the gay, abusive, criminal, bar owner, father.

Good on him for landing this role.

On the Irish!

Wonder will Goyer get his wish about The Spectre spin-off?

If he does become the Spectre, I wonder how many will complain when he's not running (or floating) around in a green cloak, undies and booties...

BANNED

Fear me for i am the spectre .....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If he does become the Spectre, I wonder how many will complain when he's not running (or floating) around in a green cloak, undies and booties...
    or just the cloak

lol

All-New Member

Uhm, I for one would kind of like that!!!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Is that Alex Ross art? Kingdom Come, Justice, or has he worked on a different Spectre story?

Not much into DC, but it's a welcome addition to the Constantine series. So long as it has enough elements from the original series I'll be happy. (I enjoyed the pilot, so.) I wonder if we'll see any other DCU characters of a similar vein? I believe Spectre will be part of a new solo comic series in the role of a detective, which I'm excited for.

I wonder how many will pre-emptively complain about the complaining...?

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I wonder how many will pre-emptively complain about the complaining...?
    I LOVE to pre-emptively complain about complaining! (although in this case, I'm being facetious because I think this is one case where I think we can agree that we don't need to see a literal adaptation of a comic book character's look - unless someone really thinks the green booties will work....?)

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

I found the (original) pilot quite good. Not great, but good. I haven't seen the one that was shown at Comic-Con though, so I hope that, with the changes and additions in the cast, it will have that something that was missing from the pilot. Also, I hope the show has good ratings, and Jim Corrigan is well received, so that they 'll give him his own show. How cool would that be?

And I would love for the Spectre to have that costume! (though, since NBC doesn't allow on-screen smoking, I'm pretty sure that won't be the case... If only it was on CW!)

I LOVE to pre-emptively complain about complaining! (although in this case, I'm being facetious because I think this is one case where I think we can agree that we don't need to see a literal adaptation of a comic book character's look - unless someone really thinks the green booties will work....?)
    My guess is that, done right, the Spectre won't be getting a lot of "long" shots anyway, so whatever he's wearing on his feet won't get a lot of air time. I'm ambivalent about the whole thing, honestly. Love the character (a lot), but imagine that if done for television they will have to rachet his power down a ton, and will more than likely make the Corrigan character too young, snarky, etc. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Is that Alex Ross art? Kingdom Come, Justice, or has he worked on a different Spectre story?
    I believe that's Kingdom Come, when the Spectre first appears to the preacher guy.

I guess since that story was produced before everyone had internet, there wasn't much of a thing about him seeming nude under his cloak. Mind you, ghostly/angelic beings don't usually have bits and pieces.