Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1262
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No thank you keep Taylor Swift away from the mcu or anything comic related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I die a little on the inside whenever her and those Dazzler rumors are talked about.
    I don't mind it but I do need reasons not to watch MCU movies and casting her would be the one sure thing lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

From MCU hate to Taylor Swift hate...really putting on display why hating popular things is trendy.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    From MCU hate to Taylor Swift hate...really putting on display why hating popular things is trendy.
    Now! I'm an MCU shill but I need to be weaned off
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I honestly think casting Swift as Dazzler would be pretty perfect, except for how unlikely it would be for them to score a mega star in casting, then only use her in a minor/cameo role. Could happen, but I feel like the pattern where it just made sense to capitalize on Jennifer Lawrence's popularity would likely repeat.

Considering that, if they could get her (especially for multiple movies/repeat appearances) I feel like it would then make more sense to cast her as Jean Grey. Jean is always central to the X-Men mythos, and it should not take any huge changes then to center your super star as much as you want.

Of course, the casting there is would not be as inspired as casting her as Dazzler, but ... I dunno, the world's an imperfect place!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

How about Swift as a time-displaced adult Valeria? You get to introduce the FF, then shove her back through a time portal so she doesn't keep screwing up continuity?

I just dream of the day when the MCU goes back to before ENDGAME, at that moment the Universe fell flat for me.
    Hail Hydra!

Ultimate Member

If there's one thing that would bring additonal interest to the MCU it's Taylor Swift as Dazzler.

I know how popular and talented she is and I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If there's one thing that would bring additonal interest to the MCU it's Taylor Swift as Dazzler.

I know how popular and talented she is and I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan.
    I just wonder how interested she would be in that, we're talking about a secondary mutant character in a corner (big corner at that) at Marvel, meaning X-Men, which are at flux currently with Disney. Not knowing her, maybe she would still be interested if she thought she'd own the role and the movie would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I just wonder how interested she would be in that, we're talking about a secondary mutant character in a corner (big corner at that) at Marvel, meaning X-Men, which are at flux currently with Disney. Not knowing her, maybe she would still be interested if she thought she'd own the role and the movie would be worth it.
    "What If... Alison Blaire (Dazzler) was a founding member of the X-Men?"

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I wonder, who else is in THAT universe? FF (Chiklis, Alba etc now with Franklin and Valeria), Miles, Bana hulk, seventies Strange?

Your thoughts on this?
    I wish that Nicholas Hammond would be acknowledged in some capacity but I doubt if it's going to happen unfortunately.

I liked The Marvels Film, i don't know why it bombed at the box office... I just have some guesses like may be people are sick and tired of Multiverse ? or Super Hero Fatigue ?

Taylor Swift as Dazzler would probably put Dazzler on the map as one of the Flagship Hero of Marvel. Dazzler would be immensly popular in short time. If Taylor Swift can't do it, nothing can.
    Last edited by out of control; 12-03-2023 at 05:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think the trailers and commercials really did justice to the movie.

I loved it, and I never watched Ms. Marvel's series.

Plus, lets not pretend that there aren't a great number of sexist trolls out there

Sexist and racist trolls.

But who’s counting.

in the movie

spoilers:
    I'd give the movie a B. I enjoyed it overall, nothing "offensive", IMO. The plot was very accelerated and the villainess kind of "generic" I would have wanted more time with her on her own. But in any case, Ronan wasn't all that deep in the GOTG movie, either.

I'm glad that they had Monica's arm puffs, but she should have kept them. I'm also fascinated that an alternate-world Maria (or is she, ahem, 'Carol'?) is now Binary. And we get Kelsey Beast! Huzzah! I'm all in for when he shows up again somewhere.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    I liked The Marvels Film, i don't know why it bombed at the box office... I just have some guesses like may be people are sick and tired of Multiverse ? or Super Hero Fatigue ?

Taylor Swift as Dazzler would probably put Dazzler on the map as one of the Flagship Hero of Marvel. Dazzler would be immensly popular in short time. If Taylor Swift can't do it, nothing can.
    The trolls who had NO interest in seeing the movie or only saw a black female director and cast members are the loudest part of the problem. Because they attract the misinformed and it goes on from there.

Meanwhile legit issues from trailers, tv spots, promotion, too much content, the movie itself and how quick this film will hit streaming are the actual issues everyone needs to look at.

Why go to a theater when you can wait for it to hit Disney+? Especially if your theater is toxic environment.