Page 1 of 85 123451151 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Default The Marvels (2023)

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Being disappointed with Kamala show aside, she's looking to be the best part of this movie. Hopefully she and Monica carry this one

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun! I'm down for a Cosmic Freaky Friday.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This looks like it'll be a lot of fun! I'm down for a Cosmic Freaky Friday.
    exactly where my mind went
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

From minute 0.13-0.17, monica quickly turns into a pixar looking character. really really bad CGI.

Looks like MCU listened to some of the fans feedback about brie's captain marvel and has given her more personality and made a bit more fun

most of the trailer looks more like a disney plus show than a full length blockbuster movies, the CGI is mucky. it does not look great enough for a full length movie

too much random colour, generic cinematography

too much disney feeling vibe than marvel

Sam L Jackson is been used here to be the anchor of the series.

overall the trailer did not look as tiring as ant man 3 and i am judging this by the marvel standard, which has been very low for a very long time.

MCU is really missing their big guns. Stark, Rodgers, Widow. this is getting much worse than Fox X-Men missing wolverine in their films.

Overall looks more like a standard marvel comedy film in their list of 20 somethings comedy film.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-11-2023 at 06:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    From minute 0.13-0.17, monica quickly turns into a pixar looking character. really really bad CGI.

Overall looks more like a standard marvel comedy film in their list of 20 somethings comedy film.
    What was the last Marvel movie you actually liked?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    What was the last Marvel movie you actually liked?
    Honestly! Captain Marvel went from she doesn't smile to making a comedy movie - now even venturing in to comedy is fodder for criticism. I don't get it, ppl are working too hard to dislike things.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Honestly! Captain Marvel went from she doesn't smile to making a comedy movie - now even venturing in to comedy is fodder for criticism. I don't get it, ppl are working too hard to dislike things.
    Personally I like seeing Brie Larson being the butt of the joke finally. Now she's in line with every other Marvel lead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Personally I like seeing Brie Larson being the butt of the joke finally. Now she's in line with every other Marvel lead.
    tofali and hallowsage missed the point of the fair criticism, i get it, they are deep in the mcu fan crowd and will defend and question anything they see as negative. however, we cant ignore that brie larson been made into an out-universe joke in the first film or around 2019 when they were asking why she never smiles and why the character is so stoky and bland.

No doubt this movie will give her more comedy, as they did with Thor, who went from the most serious avenger to the comedy dude. so yes she is in line with every other marvel lead, she will be an in-universe jokestar now.

however a bigger issue is that the movie feels more like the wandavision budget was used. wandavison budget was good for streaming but not for live action film. watching this trailer, almost makes me miss the more grand fantasy scope of the first wonder woman movie that also could adapt to a proper real world setting when needed and still look like a blockbuster film with female leads.
    Last edited by Fridays; 04-11-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    ^^^Same.
    This trailer is the most I’ve enjoyed her character since she debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    tofali and hallowsage missed the point of the fair criticism, i get it, they are deep in the mcu fan crowd and will defend and question anything they see as negative.
    You calling anyone biased is hilarious.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Kind of wonder if they'll be a few comparisons to Shazam!. Was the Rick body-swap gimmick with Mar-Vell and later Genis a bit of an intended wink to Billy and co's old name?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It looked like a fun watch.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The trailer looked fun to me. Now, as long as they don't overdue it in a Thor:L&T way it should prove to be a lot of enjoyment!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The trailer looked fun to me. Now, as long as they don't overdue it in a Thor:L&T way it should prove to be a lot of enjoyment!
    Exactly this.

It looks like it could be a fun time, so far it doesn't fall into "farcical territory" like Thor: L&T did at times.