Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1262

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm very shocked at how bad The Marvels is doing. I never would have thought it could finish lower than The Flash. Their ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are very similar. Marvels 62%, Flash 63%. Audience scores are 84% to 83%. Haven't seen The Marvels but I liked The Flash and I would definitely watch it again.
    I am not. The Media keeps saying that people are hating it and it's the lowest this and that...Why would you go see it if you are on the fence and all the news is how "badly" it's doing? Same with Flash...While both are not terrible movies the media makes them out to be Highlander 2 bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm very shocked at how bad The Marvels is doing. I never would have thought it could finish lower than The Flash. Their ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are very similar. Marvels 62%, Flash 63%. Audience scores are 84% to 83%. Haven't seen The Marvels but I liked The Flash and I would definitely watch it again.
    The Flash's quality wasn't that bad, if you compare them.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    The Flash's quality wasn't that bad, if you compare them.
    The Flash and The Marvels have the same story. The Hero trying to do a good thing just makes matters infinitely worse. The flash executes the idea way better than Marvels and Erza who was annoying in other movies really brings heart to his performance as Barry in this movie.

I feel that Marvels is a bad movie, and Flash was a good movie. But both movies had poor marketing efforts. For a large part, I think each movie could have done a lot better had the marketing been handled a lot better and had they had more of a marketing presence.

But thats to tradeoff. Less marketing budget means less money to lose on a film that is risky to begin with. And maybe it was a wise strategy here. I suspect neither film would have had much legs once the initial weekend was done.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-18-2023 at 01:12 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know how you could look at a movie as incoherent and sloppy as The Flash was, and say that it was a better movie than The Marvels. I’d argue that while the Marvels isn’t a very high stakes picture, its story and structure are way more cohesive than what the Flash did.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I’m sorry, but I don’t know how you could look at a movie as incoherent and sloppy as The Flash was, and say that it was a better movie than The Marvels. I’d argue that while the Marvels isn’t a very high stakes picture, its story and structure are way more cohesive than what the Flash did.
    Yeah, I'm a bit confused by these comments too. The Flash wasn't good at all. And it shows how much wasted potential the DCEU had.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit confused by these comments too. The Flash wasn't good at all. And it shows how much wasted potential the DCEU had.
    Such a waste of Supergirl. She was the best thing about that movie to me.

Such a waste of Supergirl. She was the best thing about that movie to me.
    She did. And I kept thinking "Imagine if the DCEU was a universe we actually cared about? Then these changes would mean something and we'd be invested in Flash fixing things."

I hope to see more of that version of Supergirl. She was outstanding in the film. It seems we may get something similar to her in the Gunnverse, but blonde instead of brunette.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

can't say im surprised.....in terms of this or flash saw neither while I love the flash as a character ezra was a no go...and I didn't want keaton batman to get tarnished...in terms of the marvels none of the characters interested me..****** thing marvel could do right now is just focusing on delivering a great FF4 hopefully no female silver surfer stuff like that and just respect the roles of each individual member of the group without pushing one down to elevate others....and really narrow down on the family and exploration aspect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I feel that Marvels is a bad movie, and Flash was a good movie. But both movies had poor marketing efforts. For a large part, I think each movie could have done a lot better had the marketing been handled a lot better and had they had more of a marketing presence.

But thats to tradeoff. Less marketing budget means less money to lose on a film that is risky to begin with. And maybe it was a wise strategy here. I suspect neither film would have had much legs once the initial weekend was done.
    In no way was The Flash a good movie, it was barely an average movie if that.

Incredible Member

I wonder how badly this poor box office will impact the future use of these characters in the MCU. There was rumours of a second season of Ms Marvel but I wonder if that will ever happen now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Women aren't interested in Superhero movies unless there are handsome dude or romance drama. Which this movie has, Park Seo-joon for a cameo...no romance...
    Hello I think the 1950s are calling for you with views like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I wonder how badly this poor box office will impact the future use of these characters in the MCU. There was rumours of a second season of Ms Marvel but I wonder if that will ever happen now.
    Well I think it’s pretty obvious Ms Marvel will be playing a big role going forward. The actress is too good to be sidelined because of this movie. I think she is the one bright spot most everyone can agree on.

Indeed, The Flash had an objectively far weaker, messier plot.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."