Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

I wonder if we'll ever get to a "Death of Captain Marvel" movie. (maybe as a D+ special, given the story and tone of the original)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever get to a "Death of Captain Marvel" movie. (maybe as a D+ special, given the story and tone of the original)
    With Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Being repeated doesn't make it true. Capt. Marvel made a billion dollars because people liked it, enough to go see it more than once. The Avengers might have helped with the interest in the film, but despite the minority who hate this movie, it was a genuine hit on it's own.
    I also think future MCU movies decisions are far more complex than online chatter about this character or that.
    Man, come on...

In the same way that it makes right around "Zero..." sense to try to say that none of the film's success was on it's own two feet?

It also makes right around "Zero..." sense to try to say that it's position in the overall lead up to the end of the "Avengers..." story line didn't have a whole lot to do with exactly how well it wound up doing.

If it was in the same position in the sequences as Doctor Strange?

It is absolutely nonsensical to try to say it would have made the same amount instead of something closer to what Doctor Strange made.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe when Larson leaves the role?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Nothing about it catches my eye. And Ms Marvel's suit is a downgrade from the show.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    With Carol?
    Yep. It's a natural option for when she or Marvel decides her time as CM is over. (unless they decide it's too similar to Jane Foster, come to think of it)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-15-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Not happening because it was a different Captain Marvel, and as you say too much like Jane Foster. Also too much of a downer really. Unless......unless, the MCU gets desperate from failing movies and uses it as a door to bring Thanos back from the dead as an anti-hero?

In general though, I wouldn't be surprised if they thought the public were sick of all the heroes getting killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, come on...

In the same way that it makes right around "Zero..." sense to try to say that none of the film's success was on it's own two feet?

It also makes right around "Zero..." sense to try to say that it's position in the overall lead up to the end of the "Avengers..." story line didn't have a whole lot to do with exactly how well it wound up doing.

If it was in the same position in the sequences as Doctor Strange?

It is absolutely nonsensical to try to say it would have made the same amount instead of something closer to what Doctor Strange made.
    Except I never said it would have made EXACTLY the same. I said it wasn't a hit only because it was between 2 Avengers movies.

That made people interested, but the movie was a hit because people liked it, that is EXACTLY what I said.

It has been repeated that Captain Marvel box office success was "due to" being released between 2 Avengers movies.
    It makes around "Zero" sense that the movies success was solely due to it's release date. Zero.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-16-2023 at 03:49 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Not happening because it was a different Captain Marvel, and as you say too much like Jane Foster. Also too much of a downer really. Unless......unless, the MCU gets desperate from failing movies and uses it as a door to bring Thanos back from the dead as an anti-hero?
    I would have loved to see Mar-Vell debut during the Thanos stuff -- and then to die from cancer at the end of his movie -- with Carol being introduced somewhere along the line and then debuting as Captain Marvel II in the sequel. I feel MCU missed a lot of personal drama in their desire to create a CM who wasn't linked to a male predecessor. Not really sure why except that they wanted their own version of Wonder Woman. Although Carol Danvers was and is a great role model (moreso in the comics), she was never going to equate to Wonder Woman, so why even try?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I would have loved to see Mar-Vell debut during the Thanos stuff -- and then to die from cancer at the end of his movie -- with Carol being introduced somewhere along the line and then debuting as Captain Marvel II in the sequel. I feel MCU missed a lot of personal drama in their desire to create a CM who wasn't linked to a male predecessor. Not really sure why except that they wanted their own version of Wonder Woman. Although Carol Danvers was and is a great role model (moreso in the comics), she was never going to equate to Wonder Woman, so why even try?
    Eh, I still think it was more about keeping control of the "Captain Marvel" trademarks than having their own Wonder Woman. Marvel already had a few characters that fit the WW archetype better than Carol. And their publishing and in universe histories were less confusing than Carol's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I wish they had done more with Mar-Vell.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eh, I still think it was more about keeping control of the "Captain Marvel" trademarks than having their own Wonder Woman. Marvel already had a few characters that fit the WW archetype better than Carol. And their publishing and in universe histories were less confusing than Carol's as well.
    No doubt. The trademark is the only reason why Mar-Vell kept getting new books, featured in other books, and his dynamics changed in the 70's, even though the projects quickly failed. Although if he'd been popular, Starlin probably couldn't have done Death of Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member

Default The Marvels

The only thing I'm interested in in this movie is the villan.