Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It's 62% now.
    5.80 out of 10
    146 Reviews
    Very interesting.

Same thing happened with GoTG3 when the score started out in the 70s but eventually finished in the 80s.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be there at 11:15am tomorrow. Thank you Veterans.

I read a few pages back someone quoted a review that super boilerplates the film into "women fighting over jewelry(bangles)".

The whole of the Infinity Saga was fighting over possession of colored jewels. Does it matter mostly men were fighting over those? The thinly veiled sexism in that Reviewer quote is noticeable.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll be there at 11:15am tomorrow. Thank you Veterans.

I read a few pages back someone quoted a review that super boilerplates the film into "women fighting over jewelry(bangles)".

The whole of the Infinity Saga was fighting over possession of colored jewels. Does it matter mostly men were fighting over those? The thinly veiled sexism in that Reviewer quote is noticeable.
    Not just colored jewels, but a big pimpin' gauntlet to boot!

Super hero squad made fun of that. Doom to thanos. Your infinity gems are like my infinity shards but mines more of a men's weapon!" Thanos got offended and spends the next few min trying to explain to doom the gems look just as much like men's weapons. Lol.

That show made fun of everything marvel. They did a full episode making fun of paste pot pet's name alone!

The Gems should have been embedded into sword hilts, then there'd have been six Infinity Swords (so manly!) and Thanos would've had two gauntlets to house three swords on each hand like a godlike Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing I've seen people collectively agree on is that Iman/Ms. Marvel is great.
    My sense from the trailers was that. Plus she was really great in her show, better than the other two were in their stuff. Iman acts with a certain joy that is very charismatic.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Not just colored jewels, but a big pimpin' gauntlet to boot!
    A rainbow pimpin gauntlet. Plus Thanos was purple. Faaaabulous!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not indifference it's hoping it fails so it will convince the accountants and greenlighters at Marvel and even DC and even other companies that might venture into movies like this or bigger budget movies with diverse casts.

To NOT do it.

As fair as most of that echo chamber is concerned Black Panther, Shang Chi and Cap Marvel's box office was Disney buying up all the tickets.

No form of logic will convince them. Like if that was even true wouldn't Disney have done that with A Wrinkle in Time and Strange World let alone Prince of Persia, Tomorrowland and Treasure Planet?

Even if this movie bombs-getting another shot especially after a Marvel Universe restart should be expected.

Cap Marvel still made a billion with the first movie. Justice League, Green Lantern nor Flash did that. Guess what they will get another shot. Fantastic Four is getting another shot.

This culture war is causing too many issues. Because some folks can't accept progress.
    Unironically, that Washington Post review of The Marvels actually proves EXACTLY what Brie Larson was saying about some critics.

Incredible Member

Didn't the Post critics also hate Eternals and Quantmania?

What's really being proven is that nobody is afraid to bash Marvel anymore. For a major trade, something like that Variety article would have been unpublishable even a year ago.

Quantumania and some of the Disney+ shows really let the damn burst. Scorsese must feel some vindication today.

Fighting over bangles woudl be fine...if we didn't just have people fighting over ten rings, and people fighting over Infinity Stones. Many of thr Stones were fought over in individual movies before we even got to Infinity War!
    These kind o powe MacGuffisn have become a tired plot devide for Marvel, there's no good reason for them to still be doing it right now.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-09-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Didn't the Post critics also hate Eternals and Quantmania?

What's really being proven is that nobody is afraid to bash Marvel anymore. For a major trade, something like that Variety article would have been unpublishable even a year ago.

Quantumania and some of the Disney+ shows really let the damn burst. Scorsese must feel some vindication today.

Fighting over bangles woudl be fine...if we didn't just have people fighting over ten rings, and people fighting over Infinity Stones. Many of thr Stones were fought over in individual movies before we even got to Infinity War!
    These kind o powe MacGuffisn have become a tired plot devide for Marvel, there's no good reason for them to still be doing it right now.
    Forbes has been bashing Marvel since Age of Ultron and said it was over when Civil War came out FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Forbes has been bashing Marvel since Age of Ultron and said it was over when Civil War came out FWIW.
    Obviously Civil War was a bad call, but Age of Ultron does seem to have been reappraisal somewhat downwards 8n recent years. I suspect a lot of thst is because of Joss Whedon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Obviously Civil War was a bad call, but Age of Ultron does seem to have been reappraisal somewhat downwards 8n recent years. I suspect a lot of thst is because of Joss Whedon.
    You're misremembering things. AoU was widely criticized when it first came out too. People were let down compared to the first film. Disney even considered it's performance to be "disappointing," despite it making over $1 billion dollars.

But the idea that critics wrr somehow afraid of speaking I'll of the MCU is completely false. It just so happens most of them liked the vast majority of films coming from the studio. No conspiracy theories necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You're misremembering things. AoU was widely criticized when it first came out too. People were let down compared to the first film. Disney even considered it's performance to be "disappointing," despite it making over $1 billion dollars.

But the idea that critics wrr somehow afraid of speaking I'll of the MCU is completely false. It just so happens most of them liked the vast majority of films coming from the studio. No conspiracy theories necessary.
    They had a ridiculous run of movies no studio had seen before.

The law of averages strikes again!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Honestly, I think critics have just soured on these types of movies. I don't actually think Ant Man 3 is any worse than Ant Man 2 but critics that were more likely to give a thumbs up to the more 'meh' movies in the past have switched to giving a thumbs down. In other word, movie critics seem to also have fatigue

Spectacular Member

It was fun, not great, but I enjoyed it better than Captain Marvel. The mid credit scene made me smile and very happy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The post credits scene has leaked out…….

-SPOILERS WAY BELOW—-

-

-

-

-

-

-

- Monica ends up lost , transported into another universe. She wakes up in a med unit where she was discovered floating in space. A voice tells her this and it’s revealed….

ITS BEAST !! Monica is in the Fox XMen universe now. We hear the X2 theme at the end.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.