Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It looks like a fun movie. Hope its not silly like Thor 4, but I don't expect it to be too serious.

So my mind immediately went to "ok but who's the villain?"

Darr-Benn. Huh kind of a female Ronan (she has an accuser hammer like the article states).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Looked pretty lame to me. Not necessarily terrible but there wasn’t a single scene that looked special. Nothing unique. Looks kind of like a high budget TV show.

MCU really needs to introduce the F4 and X-men. This new group of heroes they seem to be focusing on just can’t match the old guard.
    While I dont expect much from xmen/f4 debut in the MCU, I do worry about the quality appearance. u are right that this looks like a budget tv show, I compared it to wandavision. they better not give xmen/f4 this kind of quality tv budget appearance, the f4 movies may not have been great but i still remember when the trailer first came out in 2005, it was a film -cinema trailer not a tv film trailer. it looked better than this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Darr-Benn. Huh kind of a female Ronan (she has an accuser hammer like the article states).
    Will she get more to do than Ronan did?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will she get more to do than Ronan did?
    Isn't that who they were in a three way fight with near the end of the trailer?

But otherwise, judging by that screenshot, looks like it.

And here I was hoping the villain would be Rogue. :P

And here I was hoping the villain would be Rogue. :P
    I would SO geek out if Rogue zapped CM of her powers!!! One can only hope...A nice little spot for us long time comic fans...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I would SO geek out if Rogue zapped CM of her powers!!! One can only hope...A nice little spot for us long time comic fans...
    I'd be shocked if they actually allow that story beat to ever see the light of day.

I can see the YouTube titles for this bit of info lol! Marvel can't stop feeding the fandom menace
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-12-2023 at 09:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe they'll split the difference...Rogue already zapped Darr-Benn and is now going by his name, and attempts to zap Carol but is interrupted, so she goes from evil to grey (good and evil), a true "rogue". :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'd be shocked if they actually allow that story beat to ever see the light of day.
    As one, one can't exist without the other?

Niffleheim

As one, one can't exist without the other?
    Wonder Man is much more feasible than Marvel allowing the depowering of Carol. Again I'll be shocked.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Wonder Man is much more feasible than Marvel allowing the depowering of Carol. Again I'll be shocked.
    Ah. Well that scenario I described is how Marvel can sidestep that, but, I think Darr-Benn is exactly who she appears to be. Whenever Rogue appears she'll get her other powers (flight + strength + durability) elsewhere, if she gets them at all. :/

Incredible Member

What would be so shocking about it? Even in the comics it was only temporary and in the MCU they are always looking for reasons to keep her busy off world because she is too powerful to operate on earth. It would be the perfect excuse to explain why she isn’t more active and it would only be temporary anyway so what’s the problem?

I don't know, it's not like comics Carol didn't (eventually) get her powers back. They could have her completely lose and regain her powers within the space of a project or two, and by whatever movie logic allow Rogue to keep the powers too.

The whole thing with Rogue absorbing Carol's mind, and her becoming Binary, probably better skipped. But a condensed version is doable.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Looks like it will be a goofy silly movie for the young ones and there's nothing wrong with that. I expect it will be like Thor, Love and Thunder, but without the ungainly added mix of cancer and genocide. It might even have a better story!

Wow. An MCU movie, after No Way Home, that I'm really interested in. Hopefully, this will put an end to the "The never-ending MCU is fading" stuff. Who am I kidding? If it makes a billion, they'll still say that.

But I like that they are getting Monica Rambeu into this and, of course, this kills the absurd "They are recasting and getting rid of Brie Larson" stuff.

My only regret in a movie called "The Marvels" is that they can't get the original, Billy Batson, into this.
    Power with Girl is better.

Looks like a fun movie, and it looks like Monica Rambeau and Kamala will balance Carol well. Looking forward to it!