Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1262

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I doubt teens have ever been the target audience for books about teen heroes, any more than 'orphan billionaires' are the target audience for Batman and Iron Man.
    Its as simple as this: If its not trending on TikTok no teen gives a ****. Wish is actually trending but in the negative, which may be worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Its as simple as this: If its not trending on TikTok no teen gives a ****. Wish is actually trending but in the negative, which may be worse.
    The combined worldwide box office totals of The Marvels so far (which features a teen superhero with her own Disney+ show, being one of the few new comic characters of the 21st century deemed viable to adapt live) plus Wish won't beat Five Nights at Freddy's box office. Now Wish just started while FNaF is winding down, but FNaF became the biggest Blumhouse movie of all time out of the strength of their young audiences, for a horror movie at that, while Marvels and Wish represent the supposedly all family friendly MCU and Pixar (which report to billion dollar franchises). The picture is stark clear now.
    Last edited by Wildling; 11-28-2023 at 01:11 AM.

I'm honestly surprised Disney hasn't convinced Taylor Swift to play Dazzler or something/anything in a superhero movie. Just the fact that its TaySwift would mean over a billion dollars from teen and 20-something audiences.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The combined worldwide box office totals of The Marvels so far (which features a teen superhero with her own Disney+ show, being one of the few new comic characters of the 21st century deemed viable to adapt live) plus Wish won't beat Five Nights at Freddy's box office. Now Wish just started while FNaF is winding down, but FNaF became the biggest Blumhouse movie of all time out of the strength of their young audiences, for a horror movie at that, while Marvels and Wish represent the supposedly all family friendly MCU and Pixar (which report to billion dollar franchises). The picture is stark clear now.
    We get it. You hate Marvels/Disney. A movie everyone seems to hate is now over 75 pages/1000 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    We get it. You hate Marvels/Disney. A movie everyone seems to hate is now over 75 pages/1000 posts.
    Living rent free in someone’s head. Lol

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Disney hasn't convinced Taylor Swift to play Dazzler or something/anything in a superhero movie. Just the fact that its TaySwift would mean over a billion dollars from teen and 20-something audiences.
    I know, just look at Cats.

Niffleheim

There is a difference between a concert movie and a movie. Taylor can't act to save her life.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There is a difference between a concert movie and a movie. Taylor can't act to save her life.
    She sings very plain melodies, in a showy but pretty unpolished and technically average way. But she is a great storyteller and her audience of mostly young ladies really relates to her songs.

Dazzler is a role made for her. No need to act, just write and perform some new songs. Heck, Madonna did less of the same thing for Evita and got lots of praise for it, plus some awards I think.

But I'm convinced a ten second cameo on her part would bring in 50-100 million extra, at least, for any movie.

Astonishing Member

If they make a Dazzler movie, they better take the script of the never made one and use it exactly as is, including taking place in the 1970's, using camera and special effects to make it look like it was made during that time period and featuring stand ins for all the popular musicians of the day which were planned to be involved.

Let insanity rule and nobody can claim it's just a "by the number" MCU movie.

This is of course meant in jest (mostly).
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-29-2023 at 06:40 AM.

When has Taylor Swift acted to know she can't. She had a small role in The Giver, and she was fine. In Cats, it was a performance and she was as good as anyone else in the movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When has Taylor Swift acted to know she can't. She had a small role in The Giver, and she was fine. In Cats, it was a performance and she was as good as anyone else in the movie.
    She was also in Amsterdam last year.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    She was also in Amsterdam last year.
    Yes, she was good in that too. So, can't act??
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-30-2023 at 07:06 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

She sings very plain melodies, in a showy but pretty unpolished and technically average way. But she is a great storyteller and her audience of mostly young ladies really relates to her songs.

Dazzler is a role made for her. No need to act, just write and perform some new songs. Heck, Madonna did less of the same thing for Evita and got lots of praise for it, plus some awards I think.

But I'm convinced a ten second cameo on her part would bring in 50-100 million extra, at least, for any movie.
    I like Taylor Swift for the stances she has taken on some issues. But, I've listened to all of two of her songs and I find her to be an amazingly average singer. Obviously, she has a tremendous following that would not agree. Anytime she puts out an album, it sells like nobody else I know of who is currently alive and active as a singer. But, both in terms of singing ability and looks, she would be a great Dazzler.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If they make a Dazzler movie, they better take the script of the never made one and use it exactly as is, including taking place in the 1970's, using camera and special effects to make it look like it was made during that time period and featuring stand ins for all the popular musicians of the day which were planned to be involved.

Insert the Hypno Hustler and Tiara-clad Luke Cage and I am so in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

The Dazzler movie needs to be a beat by beat reshoot of Olivia Newton-John's performance in Xanadu, complete with glitter-spattered roller-skating disco numbers.