Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1262

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The trolls who had NO interest in seeing the movie or only saw a black female director and cast members are the loudest part of the problem. Because they attract the misinformed and it goes on from there.

Meanwhile legit issues from trailers, tv spots, promotion, too much content, the movie itself and how quick this film will hit streaming are the actual issues everyone needs to look at.

Why go to a theater when you can wait for it to hit Disney+? Especially if your theater is toxic environment.
    They don't have such power, dude.

The movie itself had little to interest its target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

I guess, except for most of the people who actually saw it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I guess, except for most of the people who actually saw it.
    Obviously the number of the ppl who saw it could not help it to break even.

I missed when you were elected to speak on behalf of the target audience. Good on you for winning the vote, though.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I missed when you were elected to speak on behalf of the target audience. Good on you for winning the vote, though.
    They used their $$ to prove it.

1. Ppl are already getting bored of superheroes.
    2. This movie's hero development, fight and villain isn't awesome among superheroes. So traditional fans(both genders) aren't interested. Even the first one mostly relied on IW and Endgame to reach 1b.
    3. It has little romance/good looking guys so traditional female audience would not be interested.

It just occurred to me that Marvel is starting to feel like the Arrowverse post-Crisis on Infinite Earths. Like Marvel, the Arrowverse took several years to develop a shared universe and build to a massive crossover event. And then, once that was completed, there was a steady decline in the quality of the programing.

Marvel is starting to feel like that. But unlike the Arrowverse, which was also affected by the sale of the CW and the cancellation of all of the shows, Marvel still has a chance to turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It just occurred to me that Marvel is starting to feel like the Arrowverse post-Crisis on Infinite Earths. Like Marvel, the Arrowverse took several years to develop a shared universe and build to a massive crossover event. And then, once that was completed, there was a steady decline in the quality of the programing.

Marvel is starting to feel like that. But unlike the Arrowverse, which was also affected by the sale of the CW and the cancellation of all of the shows, Marvel still has a chance to turn things around.
    If its own story is solid it could stand like GotG3.

But yeah, they should have reboot after Endgame, using X-Men and F4 plus Spider Man.

I just remembered that Brie Larson made some comments that really angered some comic book fans before the Captain Marvel film hit the theathers. I believe she said '' comic book audiance is mostly white males and i don't like that'' or something similar. This may have an effect on the Marvels film because i see alot of Brie Larson haters on the internet.

Fantastic Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e852S8RvlU

The triggering statements start around 1:38 into this speech.

I haven't heard about Larson voicing such sentiments about the comic book audience. I think what initially triggered the internet response to Larson which has snowballed into the pile on over The Marvels was her pushing for a more diverse pool of movie reviewers. Even in this speech she points out that not all Star Wars fans are white males, and I would assume she would believe the same for the comic book audience as well. How could she not, after seeing the response to Black Panther alone.

In the video, before she makes that plea, Larson prefaces, and then repeats, that she doesn't "hate white dudes"; however, I think the reaction has been (and not just from some white men) in certain corners of the internet was that Larson does actually hate white men, and she became a face, if not the face, of anti-white/anti-white male "wokeness". So, the knives, pitchforks, and Tiki torches have been out for years for her.

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    I just remembered that Brie Larson made some comments that really angered some comic book fans before the Captain Marvel film hit the theathers. I believe she said '' comic book audiance is mostly white males and i don't like that'' or something similar. This may have an effect on the Marvels film because i see alot of Brie Larson haters on the internet.
    That's not what happened nor what she said. But you're right in that some thin skinned, bigoted fans believe that's what happened.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post

I haven't heard about Larson voicing such sentiments about the comic book audience. I think what initially triggered the internet response to Larson which has snowballed into the pile on over The Marvels was her pushing for a more diverse pool of movie reviewers. Even in this speech she points out that not all Star Wars fans are white males, and I would assume she would believe the same for the comic book audience as well. How could she not, after seeing the response to Black Panther alone.

In the video, before she makes that plea, Larson prefaces, and then repeats, that she doesn't "hate white dudes"; however, I think the reaction has been (and not just from some white men) in certain corners of the internet was that Larson does actually hate white men, and she became a face, if not the face, of anti-white/anti-white male "wokeness". So, the knives, pitchforks, and Tiki torches have been out for years for her.
    honestly she shouldn't have said anything and feige shouldn't have announced the next phases being about representation. they should have just released those movies without announcing the representation aspect simply bc it will ALWAYS be received as taking away something from somebody else.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    honestly she shouldn't have said anything and feige shouldn't have announced the next phases being about representation. they should have just released those movies without announcing the representation aspect simply bc it will ALWAYS be received as taking away something from somebody else.
    So she shouldn't have answered a question asked her and Feige shouldn't have responded to some of the criticism/questions the MCU has received on the subject of diversity?

If its own story is solid it could stand like GotG3.

But yeah, they should have reboot after Endgame, using X-Men and F4 plus Spider Man.
    They werent ready for that. They purchased Fox a month before Endgame came out. There was no way they'd be able to have Xmen or FF content in the foreseable future, not to mention they already had Marvel products that werent already in the production pipeline

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post

That was so painful to watch/listen to, I couldn't even finish the video. This lady is toxic for the brand

If a particular demographic makes up a large majority of my audience, then why insult them? And what exactly did they do wrong for you to keep making them look like the bad guy?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-04-2023 at 10:15 AM.

^^^^^ See what I mean.