Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

And there were no other Marvel characters in Dr. Strange 2.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And there were no other Marvel characters in Dr. Strange 2.
    Sidelining Dr Strange was one of the big faults of the movie. It was basically a bad Wanda movie that ignores the character devolopment in Wandavison because nobody saw or read the script before making this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Winter Soldier had Black Widow and Falcon in it and Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5. Iron Man 2 and 3 had War Machine & the Spider-Man was called Iron Boy and his 3rd film had all past Spideys. While Ragnarok had Hulk, Valkyrie, and Korg. BP2 was always set to have Ironheart and Namor in it even if Chadwick had lived.

All the Solo franchises have set up future heroes. Personally, I liked Kamala in the trailer, and we don't know what Carol's presence on Earth was like during the Blip.
    There is difference between supporting character and lead. Those were supporting characters and not the leads except Ironman who was sort of the antagonist in Civil war. The Marvels literally signifies that this is story of 3 heroes teaming up to save the galaxy, it is not a Carol solo movie unlike Winter solider or Ragnarok.

Also, why dont we know anything about Carol. No other heros have so much of their intresting stories skipped. We could have gotten a CM2 set in Blip. That could have been interesting story that would have created hype for this movie

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    So far all you've told me here is you have confirmation bias and seem to really want to believe the movie will fail

Can you please pick a point and stick with it?
    First according to you Carol shouldn't be teaming up with Kamala and Monica and should only have teamed up with other Avengers, now it's an issue she's teaming up with people at all, it's either one or the other it can't be both.
    Other Avengers like Thor, Hulk, Dr strange will help the movie in box office unlike Kamala and Monica who seem to be repelling the audience because they have not seen Disney plus shows

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    And if you watched the Ms Marvel show or Wandavision it's made clear the public is aware of what happened during the final battle of Endgame, meaning people know Carol blasted through Thanos' ship and fought him hand to hand.
    Why cant they just show Carol being a public hero instead of this. Superhero's first appearance is pretty important. Why would you skip it. Superman first appearance is so iconic.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-17-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering it appears that the Endgame battle with Thanos is public knowledge, the fact that Captain Marvel single-handedly obliterated Thanos ship, then fought him to a near stand-still would be enough for a powerful female hero to gain fans, regardless of what else they might know about her exploits. In the MCU, little girls have a dearth of options.
    Well, there's Black Widow and Wanda at least, but point made.

It still feels like there should've been a little more to it.
    Winter Soldier had Black Widow and Falcon in it and Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5. Iron Man 2 and 3 had War Machine & the Spider-Man was called Iron Boy and his 3rd film had all past Spideys. While Ragnarok had Hulk, Valkyrie, and Korg. BP2 was always set to have Ironheart and Namor in it even if Chadwick had lived.

All the Solo franchises have set up future heroes. Personally, I liked Kamala in the trailer, and we don't know what Carol's presence on Earth was like during the Blip.
    At least in those instances they didn't change the title characters' title to make it more of a team movie.

I was expecting a Blip Captain Marvel story, too, but didn't some of the story ideas get changed due to the Pandemic?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Sidelining Dr Strange was one of the big faults of the movie. It was basically a bad Wanda movie that ignores the character devolopment in Wandavison because nobody saw or read the script before making this movie
    Really! I didn't finish watching WandaVision thinking Wanda had character development, they were telling a villain story that continued in Multiverse of Madness

The show ended with "I finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful Westview." and having Monica endorsing craziness.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Really! I didn't finish watching WandaVision thinking Wanda had character development, they were telling a villain story that continued in Multiverse of Madness

The show ended with "I finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful Westview." and having Monica endorsing craziness.
    But you'll never know what she sacrificed!

Astonishing Member

So from the newest trailer it looks like possibly Valkyrie will be guest appearing? Nice. Don't think it will be Thor.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Everything important of CM happens offscreen
    A hell of a lot of critical things in the MCU have been happening off-screen.

Wanda's entire relationship with Vision happened off-camera. Any update on the Sokovia Accords?

I'm not saying it's not a Carol Danvers problem, I'm suggesting that it's a Marvel problem.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    A hell of a lot of critical things in the MCU have been happening off-screen.

Wanda's entire relationship with Vision happened off-camera. Any update on the Sokovia Accords?

I'm not saying it's not a Carol Danvers problem, I'm suggesting that it's a Marvel problem.
    It is much bigger problem for Carol . The equivalent Wanda thing would be skipping from age of ultron to the end of Endgame or something. Its crazy how much they are skipping

Incredible Member

It is much bigger problem for Carol . The equivalent Wanda thing would be skipping from age of ultron to the end of Endgame or something. Its crazy how much they are skipping
    Who is it a problem for exactly? The average moviegoer? Do they know or care what is skipped?

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Who is it a problem for exactly? The average moviegoer? Do they know or care what is skipped?
    Can I suggest the idea that, it was easy for audiences to invest in characters like Stark or Rogers or Thor because we got to know them over the course of a dozen movies or whatever.

Carol's been in one, so far, not counting a couple of thirty second appearances in stingers and teasers, and the fact she was little more than a plot device in "Endgame". I'm not trying to argue that this is a huge problem specifically for Carol, but I absolutely am saying that it's a problem for Marvel films in general.

Sometimes, I just can't shake the feeling that Marvel are treating their films too much like comics. With a dozen twenty-page books published every month, you have luxuries of time and space to tell stories that cinematic films simply don't give you. My issue with Wanda's story is that almost every big moment for her happened off-camera, so her big moments on-camera feel hollow and unearned. I want to invest in Carol, and I disagree that it's a gigantic issue with her specifically, but at the same time, I don't think they've devoted the time and space to the character, so far, to do the character justice. If that makes sense.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

BANNED

Other Avengers like Thor, Hulk, Dr strange will help the movie in box office unlike Kamala and Monica who seem to be repelling the audience because they have not seen Disney plus shows
    again pick a point and stick with it, eitger Carol should be teaming up with no one or should be teaming up with characters you want here to.
    It has to be one or the other.
    Why cant they just show Carol being a public hero instead of this. Superhero's first appearance is pretty important. Why would you skip it. Superman first appearance is so iconic.
    They did show her being a hero these events we're talking about are literally from Endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Can I suggest the idea that, it was easy for audiences to invest in characters like Stark or Rogers or Thor because we got to know them over the course of a dozen movies or whatever.

Carol's been in one, so far, not counting a couple of thirty second appearances in stingers and teasers, and the fact she was little more than a plot device in "Endgame". I'm not trying to argue that this is a huge problem specifically for Carol, but I absolutely am saying that it's a problem for Marvel films in general.

Sometimes, I just can't shake the feeling that Marvel are treating their films too much like comics. With a dozen twenty-page books published every month, you have luxuries of time and space to tell stories that cinematic films simply don't give you. My issue with Wanda's story is that almost every big moment for her happened off-camera, so her big moments on-camera feel hollow and unearned. I want to invest in Carol, and I disagree that it's a gigantic issue with her specifically, but at the same time, I don't think they've devoted the time and space to the character, so far, to do the character justice. If that makes sense.
    She's only had the star role in one movie you're not even letting her sequel release before claiming they aren't giving the character time
    Last edited by StickMin; 10-18-2023 at 05:14 AM.

Incredible Member

, and we don't know what Carol's presence on Earth was like during the Blip.
    And that's entirely Disney's fault, and it's a mistake that may cost them. How many movies and shows have their been since Endgame? Carol only had a 10 second cameo in Shang Chi. And none of the stuff talking about the Blip mentioned her time on Earth being a big deal. Or maybe Ms. Marvel did...but it's the MCU's lowest viewed show.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    You'd think someone who declared Elemental a flop would be more cautious, but that's not how some folks work.
    ?! Granted it's a bit tricky when talking about pandemic releases, but Eternals was a flop, and we know this because of what's happened after. No Disney bragging about its streaming numbers, no movement on a sequel, Chloe Zhao saying shes not coming back, Black Knight removed from the Blade movie, no followup on the movie's characters or plot threads anywhere else.

If the movie did well, that's not what would have happened by now.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-18-2023 at 06:30 AM.