Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It makes no sense that Marvel lacked faith in the sequel given that the first film made over a billion dollars.
    They finally analyzed the CM merch sales and realized they made a mistake. https://****************/brie-larson...stumes-of-2023 JK! Not really.

But it is weird about the review embargo when the movie ended up being positive, although it was on the lower side.

Really bad execution on the CM IP. Should have made her guest star in at least one movie with some crucial role.

Maybe Marvel realized it was going to be a turkey with all the changes they had to make with SI being garbage, the Majors trouble, and the very poor showing of Quantumania.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think it was a misstep to not call it Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels. When I mentioned 'The Marvel's to a friend, he responded 'what is that?' Comic book readers get it, but not sure it was wise to play off of the shared Marvel name -- especially since Monica was never Captain Marvel in the MCU.
    The MCU really should have had CM in the title. Bad decision. Nothing wrong with team-ups. It's just that the two co-stars aren't A actresses nor has their characters appeared onscreen before.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    spoilers:
    Dar Benn fires up both gauntlets/bangles and is vaporized. Kamala puts them on almost immediately right after, clangs them together and generates a beam. Why didn't Kamala get vaporized?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kamala was literally born to use those bangles in a way that Dar-Benn just wasn't.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The MCU really should have had CM in the title. Bad decision. Nothing wrong with team-ups. It's just that the two co-stars aren't A actresses nor has their characters appeared onscreen before.
    This is true. It should have been Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels. This was a bad choice that I think hurt sales.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Do people really think putting Captain Marvel in the title would have mattered?

The trailers and posters let you know whose movie this is. Carol is front and center. If people forgot about Captain Marvel putting her name in the title won’t help.

They could have dropped the Captain America name from Civil War and it would have changed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Sorry if I am spoiling Secret Invasion but the plot of it was that Fury and Carol never found the Skrulls a world of their own well in this movie it shows that Carol actually did find them one and they were living there happily ever after
    Their refugee camp in the Marvels didn’t seem like “a world of their own,” but if you’re satisfied with table scraps, then I guess YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Their refugee camp in the Marvels didn’t seem like “a world of their own,” but if you’re satisfied with table scraps, then I guess YMMV.
    I thought that Skrull leader laid out that the Skrulls were scattered across the Galaxy. This was not a home world but more of an outpost. Unless the Skrulls were reduced to a few hundred.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is true. It should have been Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels. This was a bad choice that I think hurt sales.
    They needed another title other than The Marvels I think they were too attached to it for branding reasons not to look for another option because I can see why they (either Brie, Nia or Marvel) also would want to avoid it being liken to something like "Diana Ross and The Supremes" That wouldn't be a good look for Brie at all.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Do people really think putting Captain Marvel in the title would have mattered?

The trailers and posters let you know whose movie this is. Carol is front and center. If people forgot about Captain Marvel putting her name in the title won’t help.

They could have dropped the Captain America name from Civil War and it would have changed nothing.
    We know this how?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It has to be sadly reminded that the DC Birds of Prey movie had an original title that the studio agreed had to be changed after release in order to try to draw audiences. Both Birds of Prey and Marvels were released outside the pandemic for at least one weekend, and both of them were not released at home at the same time. None of them worked for most people.

Mighty Member

when I heard that there were song-and-dance numbers I was scratching my head... but then I remembered Brie Larson actually did quite well when she was singing in the "Scott Pilgrim" movie. maybe she wanted the chance to have fun and cut loose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I thought that Skrull leader laid out that the Skrulls were scattered across the Galaxy. This was not a home world but more of an outpost. Unless the Skrulls were reduced to a few hundred.

I am a huge marvel fan. And I can like most anything in one way or another. But Secret invasion was by far and there is nothing even close, the worst thing they have ever done. I have no idea wtf they were thinking who the heck wrote that, what drugs the director was on but it was just a mess. I would actually love to read some inside, behind the scenes book on WTF was going on with the production on this. They had the talent in the actors. Star talent. And just blew it all.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am a huge marvel fan. And I can like most anything in one way or another. But Secret invasion was by far and there is nothing even close, the worst thing they have ever done. I have no idea wtf they were thinking who the heck wrote that, what drugs the director was on but it was just a mess. I would actually love to read some inside, behind the scenes book on WTF was going on with the production on this. They had the talent in the actors. Star talent. And just blew it all.
    Worse than Inhumans?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    when I heard that there were song-and-dance numbers I was scratching my head... but then I remembered Brie Larson actually did quite well when she was singing in the "Scott Pilgrim" movie. maybe she wanted the chance to have fun and cut loose.
    Problem is there was no actual song and they are just speaking while singing. Brie Larson was good singer when she was a teenager but her voice was quite rough during singing here. Is it ageing or she didn't properly rehearse?

The entire musical planet had no business being in such a movie when the villain was committing a genocide.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Worse than Inhumans?
    Inhumans would have counted if Feige produced it but it was an ABC Studios and Marvel Television in association with Devilina Productions, and was co-financed by IMAX Entertainmen.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-13-2023 at 08:24 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough