Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ist thor pretty close to CM power wise as of LaT?
    I don't think so. He didn't have much big fears in that movie. The closest is the Star ring feat in Infinity war

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Superheroes aren’t wrestlers. Wrestlers are performers putting on a show for money. Black Widow was created as a spy in the femme fatale mold. Sexual attraction is just another tool in her arsenal.

Swimsuits have their place but if you want respect and to be taken seriously it’s probably not what you are going to wear to a fight. As far as current women’s fashion goes I would think a costume based on the yoga pants that women seem to love due to being both flattering and comfortable would be a better choice. If you can wear it to the gym to workout it’s probably good for a fight as well.
    You most definitely do not watch wrestling they are for the most part Superheroes with Super abilities who fight supervillens it is set on the real world and is a show as much as the mcu is basically it has more in common with comics then different so i stand by Mt point black Widows costume in a superhero setting makes as much sense as a wrestler or anyone who wears a costume so I don't see the big deal with CM Leotard.
    Last edited by choptop; 08-23-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Superheroes aren’t wrestlers. Wrestlers are performers putting on a show for money. Black Widow was created as a spy in the femme fatale mold. Sexual attraction is just another tool in her arsenal.

Swimsuits have their place but if you want respect and to be taken seriously it’s probably not what you are going to wear to a fight. As far as current women’s fashion goes I would think a costume based on the yoga pants that women seem to love due to being both flattering and comfortable would be a better choice. If you can wear it to the gym to workout it’s probably good for a fight as well.
    Exactly all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly all of this.
    Actually it doesn't make sense whan she is undercover sure I can see looking sexy or whatever but the sexy catsuit doesn't make sense in the battle feald I mean why not wer camo or something

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    They are Hollywood actors not nuns. Plus Swimwear has nothing to do with Iman and Parris since there characters wear full body suits in comics unlike Carol. Why bring them into this?
    All three actors would be uncomfortable if Brie Larson was being forced to don a sexy swimsuit like the Captain Marvel one in comics.

Remember Namor? He was not given his normal speedos in the MCU but rather work a pair of granny panties.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Actually it doesn't make sense whan she is undercover sure I can see looking sexy or whatever but the sexy catsuit doesn't make sense in the battle feald I mean why not wer camo or something
    It's a visual compromise. Sure, it's a skin-tight suit, but at least she's covered up (and not preparing for the next Swim Meet).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they may have gone a little too far with making Carol OP in the MCU. I guess we'll see how this movie grapples with her power level.
    I'm personally hoping a particular Mississippi brawler can do something about that.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

She doesn't wear a catsuit when she's undercover, though? So you're not making sense. And she's typically in an urban setting, so camo wouldn't be effective.

Funny that Black Widow got mentioned as a writer once had her explain the reason for female superheroes wearing revealing outfits in-universe. She told rookie superhero Angela del Toro that male opponents tend to get distracted by it and are therefore easier to beat, so Angela should opt for a skintight costume.

Make of that what you want, I found it a quite funny meta-commentary on the writer's part
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Invincible Member

To be fair, the whole reason most superhero wear tights in the right place is because Siegel and Shuster wanted Superman to look like a circus strongman/wrestler and after the popularity of Supes, other heroes followed suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    To be fair, the whole reason most superhero wear tights in the right place is because Siegel and Shuster wanted Superman to look like a circus strongman/wrestler and after the popularity of Supes, other heroes followed suit.
    I can dress like a rockstar but it doesn’t make me one.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    She doesn't wear a catsuit when she's undercover, though? So you're not making sense. And she's typically in an urban setting, so camo wouldn't be effective.
    I know I was replying to HollowSage more than you sorry. I'm basically saying looking sexy undercover makes sense burt a sexy catsuit fighting a super villain not so much ok maybe camo isn't as practical but why not something combat related? Point is non of it really makes sense because it's comics and not the the real world lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It's a visual compromise. Sure, it's a skin-tight suit, but at least she's covered up (and not preparing for the next Swim Meet).
    Can't a case be made for her preparing to go Scuba diving though? Lol

Invincible Member

I can dress like a rockstar but it doesn’t make me one.
    But you'll still look cool!

I think what some people miss though, is that costumes that work on a drawn page don't always work in real life. Sure you can do cosplay of say, Todd McFarland's Batman with the 15 foot cape, but could a person actual fight wearing such a thing? Gamora's suit in Annihilation Conquest is cute and sexy but a real person would be falling out of it at every turn. I like Hawkeye's classic suit but if you've ever seen a real person wear a comics accurate version...well, it reminds you that in the 60's they were aiming a lot of these things at kids.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Funny that Black Widow got mentioned as a writer once had her explain the reason for female superheroes wearing revealing outfits in-universe. She told rookie superhero Angela del Toro that male opponents tend to get distracted by it and are therefore easier to beat, so Angela should opt for a skintight costume.

Make of that what you want, I found it a quite funny meta-commentary on the writer's part
    I hate that attempt at explaining a costume. Over at DC they tried that one too, on Power Girl obviously. I doubt during a fight for life or at least liberty, a bad guy is going to take the time to ogle. Nope. that sort of thing is for fans and creators.