Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1262

Im curious what those who are saying this movie was made for women and PIC mean? What about this movie or the marketing showed it was targeting those demographics? Is it just because it started 3 women, 2 of whom are POCs? Because if so, then what you're really saying when you say Marvel should stop cater to that base is that they need to stop having female and POC leads. Like you're really telling us you think the male fan base is just sexist and racist.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Im curious what those who are saying this movie was made for women and PIC mean? What about this movie or the marketing showed it was targeting those demographics? Is it just because it started 3 women, 2 of whom are POCs? Because if so, then what you're really saying when you say Marvel should stop cater to that base is that they need to stop having female and POC leads. Like you're really telling us you think the male fan base is just sexist and racist.
    I haven't seen much marketing for this movie compared to the prior Captain Marvel, and none at all for say Hunger Games. In fact, it seems to me that marketing overall for movies has fallen considerably from pre-2019 levels. I don't know if I'm right about that, but it seems that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I haven't seen any marketing for this movie. In fact, it seems to me that marketing overall for movies has fallen considerably from pre-2019 levels. I don't know if I'm right about that, but it seems that way to me.
    Exactly. The trailers we've seen haven't been playing up any female-centric angle, either. Which is why I asked my question.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Jeremy Jahns summed up this movie perfectly, a fangirl hanging out with two boring women. Seriously Captain Marvel has to be the most boring character ever to put on screen, Kamala was deffo the best part of this movie and ofc anytime Fury was on screen. I don't even remember the other main characters name that's how good this film was!

Also the costumes were flat out terrible. You could get Halloween costumes of better quality.

Thor Rangnarok/Infinity War last good Marvel films, everything else imo has been either ehh or boring/bad.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Jeremy Jahns summed up this movie perfectly, a fangirl hanging out with two boring women. Seriously Captain Marvel has to be the most boring character ever to put on screen, Kamala was deffo the best part of this movie and ofc anytime Fury was on screen. I don't even remember the other main characters name that's how good this film was!

Also the costumes were flat out terrible. You could get Halloween costumes of better quality.

Thor Rangnarok/Infinity War last good Marvel films, everything else imo has been either ehh or boring/bad.
    Really sounds like you don't actually have anything to add, you just want to hate the on the movie can't give any valid reasons and so just repeat stuff from some guy online and and then say every negative thing you can think of.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the movie. But it suffers from the same fate that much of Phases 4 and 5 have in that they nerfed the villain. I miss the days of Loki, Zemo, and Thanos where the villain would get over and there would be actual stakes involved.

Extraordinary Member

Like you're really telling us you think the male fan base is just sexist and racist.
    With 60% of the audience on the opening week end being male, what would that make the female fan base...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    With 60% of the audience on the opening week end being male, what would that make the female fan base...
    Disinterested, just like they are for the vast majority of superhero films. Why are you assuming the female audience should be higher?

I finally caught the movie last night and I thought it was a ton of fun. I could’ve used more flashback scenes of Lashanna Lynch and Brie Larson because I love their chemistry, but aside from that it was good. Kamala was cool, but I thought her mother was cooler in this one lol.

You already know what time it is.

Ultimate Member

Amir, Kamala's brother, made me laugh *twice* in this film. Once when he thanked Kamala for not getting killed and 'leaving me to be an only child, again, with these people' (points to parents). The second time when their mother is looking at a big house and tells him 'This would be a nice place to raise a family, don't you think?' in that mother-wants-to-be-a-grandmother tone and he picks up a TV remote, points it at her and starts clicking the mute button.

I did not expect him to be so sarcastically fun.

Just like that wonderful early Avengers scene with Tony, Pepper and Coulson ('I'm going to pay for that percentages comment in some subtle way later, aren't I?' 'Oh, it won't be subtle...') or Peter and MJ bantering about the Italian term for 'get out of my face' in Far From Home, sometimes the little human touches are more fun for me than the big action stuff.

Well I saw it. It was definitely a movie, no question about it.

The first Captain Marvel movie was better for me. Without spoilers, this movie felt rather unfocused like there were way too many characters to get screentime. First there were the three Marvels, and the movie was treating them as if no one knew who they were or what they did. Quite a bit of exposition about that. Then Kamala's family, who basically are in the movie the whole time. Then Fury and Saber. The Skrulls in yet another homeworld to lose. The Kree. Oh yes and there was a villain in there, too, but there were times she was gone so long I forgot she was even there.

Not a great movie. A hair short of awful. I could have loved it if it were more focused on fewer characters, to tell a more meaningful story. Like if it were just Carol coming to grips with her past. Or Monica becoming someone other than a hero we have seen and heard very little of. Or Kamala doing her Kamala thing for the whole movie, that would have worked. The freaky friday stuff was filmed ok, with good CGI, but a pointless vehicle for more exposition that added nothing to the plot. Kamala's family was fun for the most part, but it was weird that they were there all the time. And I had some big issues with the plot.

But there were jokes that landed. And that mid-credits scene, wow. I wanna see that movie!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-16-2023 at 03:13 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Movie sucked, nothing to add beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    Really sounds like you don't actually have anything to add, you just want to hate the on the movie can't give any valid reasons and so just repeat stuff from some guy online and and then say every negative thing you can think of.
    I know you're banned now but I have to say this is a pretty unfair take. He listed why he didn't think it was a good movie. Why is that not valid?

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I know you're banned now but I have to say this is a pretty unfair take. He listed why he didn't think it was a good movie. Why is that not valid?
    Is he banned? Thank God... guy was a troll of the highest order! Almost ever post he made was picking a fight. Glad to see the back of the muppet!

I really think Marvel needs to get clear about their target audience and know what they want. You can no longer grab $$$ with any movie.

We need good plot, good fighting, interesting characters.