Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1262

I have no bite in this fight, but I do find it entertaining to see how things went sour for MCU since Eternals. Too many shows and laxed creative and quality control burnt things badly. Marvels falling seems like a cummulation of continued failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think the IM moves went 1 3 2. I'm a comic book fan and I thought 3 was quite good but 1 still tops it because: origin. But I go waaaay back as a comics fan. If I went into my old school "Not meh Iron-Man" stance, I'd be on about how Vietnam/ Afghanistan did not make Tony Stark rethink his weapons manufacturer existence other than to make him redouble his dedication to destroying the "evil enemies of America" and how the anti WM thing was a decade later after Stan stuck his finger in the air and saw that the wind had shifted, and Stark had a secret identity and it really wasn't Pepper and Tony. It was ultimately Pepper and Happy, etc., etc.,
    And they reversed the ages of Stane and Hammer, and Vanko did the Whiplash/Blacklash thing with the whips.

I wonder how Hammer Industries remained standing with so many loysy engineers working there. Luke Cage is the least believable Netflix series because Hammer Industries designed the judas bullets that did their job piercing Luke's skin.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fantastic Member

Optimistic I think the New Hunger Games movie is going to destroy the box office
    I think once the reviews come in that's it's going to have a long run
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Based on what? It looks alright but HG and the YA book craz is kinda past its prime....
    Not to toot my own horn....but I called this. Hunger Games is number 2 at the BO while Marvels is dead (and Wish also took a huge hit). Now the knee jerk reaction is the Marvels failed because of gender and toxic male fandom. And you might have a case for that...but Hunger Games somewhat disproves this. The issue for the failure of Marvels is four fold.

1. Release Date - This movie should not have come out in November...you come out in September or January and you have no other options for moviegoers to see films. Instead the film came out between the Taylor Swift concert and Hunger Games....two huge hits. Disney lost it's screens to all of these niche films and people didn't want to watch a mediocre Super Hero film.

2. Market Saturation - Hollywood releases way too many films directed towards women...they are half the audience...half. The more films released that are directed marketed towards women the smaller the market share becomes and it your film needed a billion dollars it should cater to the audience.

3. Know your audience....the dystopian romance based on a hugely successful and familiar franchise won. The film about a diverse group of friends where you needed to consume three Disney+ TV shows and a film before hand...flopped. We're also living in an era where people are not going to support your brand. As the media has turned everything into tribalism and content you have to stay above the fray...Disney didn't do that.

4, Budget properly.... This was not a 200 million dollar movie, people will see Epics if it looks like an epic this didn't. And you have to question where the money is actually going because none of these films looked like they cost more than Napoleon...and yet they all cost the same...why. If you invest in Disney you have to question where the monet is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Not to toot my own horn....but I called this. Hunger Games is number 2 at the BO while Marvels is dead (and Wish also took a huge hit). Now the knee jerk reaction is the Marvels failed because of gender and toxic male fandom. And you might have a case for that...but Hunger Games somewhat disproves this. The issue for the failure of Marvels is four fold.

1. Release Date - This movie should not have come out in November...you come out in September or January and you have no other options for moviegoers to see films. Instead the film came out between the Taylor Swift concert and Hunger Games....two huge hits. Disney lost it's screens to all of these niche films and people didn't want to watch a mediocre Super Hero film.

2. Market Saturation - Hollywood releases way too many films directed towards women...they are half the audience...half. The more films released that are directed marketed towards women the smaller the market share becomes and it your film needed a billion dollars it should cater to the audience.

3. Know your audience....the dystopian romance based on a hugely successful and familiar franchise won. The film about a diverse group of friends where you needed to consume three Disney+ TV shows and a film before hand...flopped. We're also living in an era where people are not going to support your brand. As the media has turned everything into tribalism and content you have to stay above the fray...Disney didn't do that.

4, Budget properly.... This was not a 200 million dollar movie, people will see Epics if it looks like an epic this didn't. And you have to question where the money is actually going because none of these films looked like they cost more than Napoleon...and yet they all cost the same...why. If you invest in Disney you have to question where the monet is going.
    You didn’t really call anything Hunger Games has done alright but it far from destroyed the box office....

Fantastic Member

You didn’t really call anything has done alright but it far from destroyed the box office....
    It's been a top two film for a month it's closing in on Freddie and Swift to be the top film of Fall/Winter

It's been a top two film for a month it's closing in on Freddie and Swift to be the top film of Fall/Winter
    That's nice but it hasn't even made 300 million worldwide don't get me wrong That's not bad bad but point is it far from destroyed the box office.

Fantastic Member

That's nice but it hasn't even made 300 million worldwide don't get me wrong That's not bad bad but point is it far from destroyed the box office.
    It's at 280 and unlike The Marvels it's still going to make money for the next couple years on the secondary market. With it's Cable and Streaming rights this film was a monster hit

Really? What element in this game have high attraction to female audience? It actually has more male viewers.

It's at 280 and unlike The Marvels it's still going to make money for the next couple years on the secondary market. With it's Cable and Streaming rights this film was a monster hit
    No 262 even if it was at 300 That's not a monster hit its maybe made less then a 100 million profit good not great and it's going to be the lowest
    HG movie again it hasn't destroyed the box office it just hasn't.

Also why wouldn't the marvels make money on the secondary market?
    Last edited by choptop; 12-10-2023 at 10:58 PM.

Yeah, i believe there isn't any reason for The Marvels to not to make any money in the secondery Market. I would definetly rewatch it on cable and i would really like to have a quality Kamala, Ms. Marvel (Iman Vellani) Action Figure. But i must admit i liked the Marvels film and i was even in the theather from day 1.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    It actually has more male viewers.
    It's so weird now how you have to input your gender, age and ethnicity whenever you purchase a movie ticket.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This is a fucking insane thing to believe.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's so weird now how you have to input your gender, age and ethnicity whenever you purchase a movie ticket.
    It will help to know the movie audience group.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is a fucking insane thing to believe.
    Especially when talking about the Marvels, which wasn't marketed to women.

I really hate doing work for free. Providing that data is work for free, its helping some faceless corporate interest, not me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I know you can't just injoy a movie anymore you also can't have a opinion about the movie unless it's made for you you don't think a kids movie is that good you not a kid so shut up it's really getting old.