Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    The Marvels have the same box office as Joker which went on to do a billion so I don't know what your point is.
    The Marvels has a $50 to $75 million projection for opening weekend. Joker opened to $96 million hardly the same. Joker also had a budget that was probably 1/3 of the Marvels and there is no way the Marvels will have any legs at the box office. This is going to surpass Eternals and Incredible Hulk as the biggest bomb in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    The Marvels has a $50 to $75 million projection for opening weekend. Joker opened to $96 million hardly the same. Joker also had a budget that was probably 1/3 of the Marvels and there is no way the Marvels will have any legs at the box office. This is going to surpass Eternals and Incredible Hulk as the biggest bomb in the MCU.
    He's saying Joker had the same projection as the Marvels but went on to make more than predicted. But you seem determined for this to fail, so it is what it is.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    He's saying Joker had the same projection as the Marvels but went on to make more than predicted. But you seem determined for this to fail, so it is what it is.
    or both of them are partially wrong bc the only thing they share is box office projection. this isn't a like for like comparison in IP and budget.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-16-2023 at 11:58 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    or both of them are partially wrong bc the only thing their share is box office projection. this isn't a like for like comparison in IP and budget.
    Well the initial post wasn't talking about budget, so they aren't wrong. Mburns brought up a different issue than what Stickmin was talking about.

This logic your working with makes no sense, Carol shouldn't be teaming up with someone who looks up to her and was inspired to become by her?
    And there's no reason it needs to be a TV show, unless you think characters building a relationship can only be done on TV which previous MCU movies have disproved.
    Heck we had the Guardians movies juggling 5-8 protagonists but this movie having 3 is too much?

Your personal opinion is not a problem for the movie, you should really understand that now.

The Marvels have the same box office as Joker which went on to do a billion so I don't know what your point is.
    But my personal opinion is agreed with by many people hell people in this very thread have been saying similar things captain marvel is not very developed there are not that many
    Fan of the Ms. Marvel show and Monica Rambeau is a non factor I'm not saying the movie is going to fail I think it looks alright but I really don't think the general public is going to be pulled in and the movie probably costs almost 400 million I'd say the only real thing this movie has going for it is Goose.

This logic your working with makes no sense, Carol shouldn't be teaming up with someone who looks up to her and was inspired to become by her?
    And there's no reason it needs to be a TV show, unless you think characters building a relationship can only be done on TV which previous MCU movies have disproved.
    Heck we had the Guardians movies juggling 5-8 protagonists but this movie having 3 is too much?

Your personal opinion is not a problem for the movie, you should really understand that now.

Wait, are you actually suggesting it is within the realm of possibility for this movie to actually be good? Even possibly successful, since predicting the future isn't a real thing?

Ah, nah -- this is not the thread for that. Sorry. This is the thread for how horrible everything about the movie is, and how horribly it will fail in the box office.

I mean, why would you even come into a thread about a movie with -- what, positive feelings about that movie???

That's not the way we do things around here! The Marvels thread is all about how nobody wants to see The Marvels! Get with the program!
    Last edited by Adam Allen; 10-16-2023 at 01:27 PM.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Wait, are you actually suggesting it is within the realm of possibility for this movie to actually be good? Even possibly successful, since predicting the future isn't a real thing?

Ah, nah -- this is not the thread for that. Sorry. This is the thread for how horrible everything about the movie is, and how horribly it will fail in the box office.

I mean, why would you even come into a thread about a movie with -- what positive feelings about that movie???

That's not the way we do things around here! The Marvels thread is all about how nobody wants to see The Marvels! Get with the program!
    For real If you're opinion isn't 100% positive keep it to yourself if you don't think this movie is perfect and going to do a billion let me show you the door.

In all fairness though no one is saying they hope the movie fails at least I don't think they have I for one think it looks alright and in interested in the villain people are just calling it as they see it they see problems there's nothing wrong with that you don't see anything wrong movie power to you me I'm hoping for a good mcu movie but I'm I've been wrong before.

Incredible Member

There is a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on in here. Although I guess you can’t really call it that since that happens after the game and The Marvels isn’t even out yet.

Hmm. I’m not a sports guy so is there a term for questioning and second guessing the decisions of the coach/quarterback before the game is played?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Hmm. I’m not a sports guy so is there a term for questioning and second guessing the decisions of the coach/quarterback before the game is played?
    Sports talk. It's certainly built on declaring everything terrible and then switching positions on a dime every day/week.

But some people on here just hate everything. You'd think someone who declared Elemental a flop would be more cautious, but that's not how some folks work.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

People do not understand basic box office here. Kids movies are not opening heavy and usually stay in theater for a long time. Thats why there is very little panic when animated movie has low opening. Meanwhile superhero movies especially MCU are very front loaded. The low opening will hurt the movie. It cant pull an elemental and just leg it out

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Why is it Captain Marvel, the female solo character that is chosen to share her franchise with other females when Male characters except Antman got their own solo sequal where they were the leads. Carol is underdeveloped and she needs all the screen time she needs.

I do believe the Marvels childish tone is to make Kamala relevant and as you can see it is negatively affecting movies box office.

Carol Danvers isnt really a role model character. She is a big mess. i dont think MCU can ever handle a nuanced of never meet your heros. Already Kamala comes of as incredibly annoying in the trailer because she only exists to fangirl

The biggest problem is they never setup Carol properly on Earth. All her actions happened outside public view. It dont make sense why Kamala being fangirl of Carols specifically. In the comics it made perfect sense but in MCU it dont make any sense. They are telling Captain Marvel is popular everywhere yet she barely exist in MCU. Everything important of CM happens offscreen
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-17-2023 at 02:06 AM.

Incredible Member

Is it too much to ask that we wait until the movie is out before declaring what went wrong with it? If the movie is tracking for a low opening that has nothing to do with the movie because no one has seen it yet. That means the problem is either poor marketing, a general lack of interest or both.

The movie itself could be great for all we know. It wouldn’t be the first movie to fall victim to a bad marketing campaign which is compounded by the fact that the stars can’t do a press tour to sell the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    The biggest problem is they never setup Carol properly on Earth. All her actions happened outside public view. It dont make sense why Kamala being fangirl of Carols specifically. In the comics it made perfect sense but in MCU it dont make any sense. They are telling Captain Marvel is popular everywhere yet she barely exist in MCU. Everything important of CM happens offscreen
    Considering it appears that the Endgame battle with Thanos is public knowledge, the fact that Captain Marvel single-handedly obliterated Thanos ship, then fought him to a near stand-still would be enough for a powerful female hero to gain fans, regardless of what else they might know about her exploits. In the MCU, little girls have a dearth of options.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-17-2023 at 04:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But my personal opinion is agreed with by many people hell people in this very thread have been saying similar things captain marvel is not very developed there are not that many
    Fan of the Ms. Marvel show and Monica Rambeau is a non factor I'm not saying the movie is going to fail I think it looks alright but I really don't think the general public is going to be pulled in and the movie probably costs almost 400 million I'd say the only real thing this movie has going for it is Goose.
    So far all you've told me here is you have confirmation bias and seem to really want to believe the movie will fail

Why is it Captain Marvel, the female solo character that is chosen to share her franchise with other females when Male characters except Antman got their own solo sequal where they were the leads. Carol is underdeveloped and she needs all the screen time she needs.

I do believe the Marvels childish tone is to make Kamala relevant and as you can see it is negatively affecting movies box office.

Carol Danvers isnt really a role model character. She is a big mess. i dont think MCU can ever handle a nuanced of never meet your heros. Already Kamala comes of as incredibly annoying in the trailer because she only exists to fangirl

Can you please pick a point and stick with it?
    First according to you Carol shouldn't be teaming up with Kamala and Monica and should only have teamed up with other Avengers, now it's an issue she's teaming up with people at all, it's either one or the other it can't be both.

And then the rest of this post is nothing more than you just talking about how you don't like Kamala and think she's annoying, I shouldn't need to say this multiple times, but your own personal opinion is not a problem for the movie.

And if you watched the Ms Marvel show or Wandavision it's made clear the public is aware of what happened during the final battle of Endgame, meaning people know Carol blasted through Thanos' ship and fought him hand to hand.

Winter Soldier had Black Widow and Falcon in it and Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5. Iron Man 2 and 3 had War Machine & the Spider-Man was called Iron Boy and his 3rd film had all past Spideys. While Ragnarok had Hulk, Valkyrie, and Korg. BP2 was always set to have Ironheart and Namor in it even if Chadwick had lived.

All the Solo franchises have set up future heroes. Personally, I liked Kamala in the trailer, and we don't know what Carol's presence on Earth was like during the Blip.