Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised MCU Carol still has the cat.
    It's not a cat, it's a Flerken.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

And I think the delivery of "where is our daughter" is perfect. Looking forward to more Khan Family goodness.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I know, but still .

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

And I think the delivery of "where is our daughter" is perfect. Looking forward to more Khan Family goodness.
    They were pretty great in the show. Kamala is the only one with a fully developed supporting cast.

And now there's a clowder of Flerken.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They were pretty great in the show. Kamala is the only one with a fully developed supporting cast.

And now there's a clowder of Flerken.
    And that clowder is gonna eff up that army.

"Awwww!"

"Meow! *Tentacles deploy*

"Aaaaiiiiieee!"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't hate any MCU film same way I don't hate any Bond or Trek movie I find enjoyment in all but they're all not equal.

Captain Marvel is in my bottom 3 of the MCU with Dark World and Eternals beneath it.

Ms. Marvel was fine but my least liked of the Disney+ Marvel shows.

So, I had little interest in this film outside of it being an MCU movie.

But the trailer looked fun and I'm actually interested in seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't hate any MCU film same way I don't hate any Bond or Trek movie I find enjoyment in all but they're all not equal.

Captain Marvel is in my bottom 3 of the MCU with Dark World and Eternals beneath it.

Ms. Marvel was fine but my least liked of the Disney+ Marvel shows.

So, I had little interest in this film outside of it being an MCU movie.

But the trailer looked fun and I'm actually interested in seeing it.
    I'm in empathy with those statements, though I've only seen Dark World and none of the Marvel shows.

I avoid trailers because I don't want anything spoiled, but all this talk of the trailer being "fun" makes me think, "I'll wait for it to stream." Fun = forgettable to me. It'll likely be worth my two hours, but I find myself wanting something with a little more gravitas and genuine stakes, real character challenges, etc. maybe "Marvels" has that as they'll show more in future trailers, but I find myself wanting more meat in my superhero films lately. The humor/adventure/CG battles mix is becoming too standard and unremarkable.

Of the three main characters, I find I'm also only interested in Monica's story. The other two don't seem as built around a progression beyond the journey it took to become heroes. Hopefully the writers have figured something out for them.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm surprised it took them this long to take Carol into franchise-territory. It feels like it's been 20 years since "Captain Marvel".

I thought her supporting cast was the best thing about her original movie, and it looks like she has a few great characters to bounce off here (I don't have any streaming subscriptions, so once again, I assume that Ms Marvel won't be required viewing).

Trailer looks good, though. I'm onboard.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    I thought her supporting cast was the best thing about her original movie, and it looks like she has a few great characters to bounce off here (I don't have any streaming subscriptions, so once again, I assume that Ms Marvel won't be required viewing).
    From my POV, the trailer gives you most everything you need to know about Ms Marvel - her personality, her mother/family, and a little show of her powers. The characters made the show while the two different villain groups and "world-ending threat" were irrelevant. spoilers:
    The scene with Carol in Kamala's room is the ending of the show, so this starts right away.
    end of spoilers

I wonder now if we're getting Marvels 2 next or if they'll follow up with a proper Captain Marvel movie.

I'm guessing the post-credit scene will have Yon-Rogg and the Supreme Intelligence plotting something.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder now if we're getting Marvels 2 next or if they'll follow up with a proper Captain Marvel movie.

I'm guessing the post-credit scene will have Yon-Rogg and the Supreme Intelligence plotting something.
    You are being to optimistic. If it does well, the credit will go to Kamala and Monica and Carol will get further sidelined in the sequel.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 04-15-2023 at 03:27 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    You are being to optimistic. If it does well, the credit will go to Kamala and Monica and Carol will get further sidelined in the sequel.
    None of them will get the credit. It has been repeated that Captain Marvel box office success was "due to" being released between 2 Avengers movies. If Ms. Marvel and Monica becomes the reason(s) for The Marvels being a hit then ppl are just continuing the original narrative so long as it isn't Captain Marvel then it is the correct narrative.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-15-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    None of them will get the credit. It has been repeated that Captain Marvel box office success was "due to" being released between 2 Avengers movies. If Ms. Marvel and Monica becomes the reason(s) for The Marvels being a hit then ppl are just continuing the original narrative so long as it isn't Captain Marvel then it is the correct narrative.
    Being repeated doesn't make it true. Capt. Marvel made a billion dollars because people liked it, enough to go see it more than once. The Avengers might have helped with the interest in the film, but despite the minority who hate this movie, it was a genuine hit on it's own.
    I also think future MCU movies decisions are far more complex than online chatter about this character or that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Being repeated doesn't make it true. Capt. Marvel made a billion dollars because people liked it, enough to go see it more than once. The Avengers might have helped with the interest in the film, but despite the minority who hate this movie, it was a genuine hit on it's own.
    I also think future MCU movies decisions are far more complex than online chatter about this character or that.
    I think they are very carefully looking at what has happened with movies like Wakanda and Quantumania along with what movies are big successes right now and why. I suspect we'll see them adapting as we head towards an X-Men movie.
    Power with Girl is better.