Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    tofali and hallowsage missed the point of the fair criticism, i get it, they are deep in the mcu fan crowd and will defend and question anything they see as negative.
    I asked a simple question. What was the last Marvel movie you actually liked?

I ask because your “fair and balanced” criticism is always the same for every Marvel movie. If you don’t want your criticism to ring hollow you might want to change it up a little.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I asked a simple question. What was the last Marvel movie you actually liked?
    I fully liked or at least appreciated the last pure artistic driven film they made as your average film-fan.

I ask because your “fair and balanced” criticism is always the same for every Marvel movie. If you don’t want your criticism to ring hollow you might want to change it up a little
    hmmm, if you are picking up on this, it must mean that every mcu movie is the same, so my critique may end up been the same, however I don't do it on purpose, as you can see from my first post, I broke down the trailer of the marvels, I did not give some random common broad comment about marvel movies ignoring the marvels trailer.
    Last edited by Fridays; 04-11-2023 at 10:46 AM.

BANNED

grace randolph reaction, she compared it to DC Blue Beatle and I must say I see some similarities.

Niffleheim

grace randolph reaction, she compared it to DC Blue Beatle and I must say I see some similarities.

Grace only appreciate the amount of money MCU makes because the fanbase is big enough to drive the view count of her videos but she doesn't really like MCU Movies she is more an X-Men and a Batman fan, this doesn't mean anything you're citing someone that is already in your echo chamber.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Grace only appreciate the amount of money MCU makes because the fanbase is big enough to drive the view count of her videos but she doesn't really like MCU Movies she is more an X-Men and a Batman fan, this doesn't mean anything you're citing someone that is already in your echo chamber.
    I was more intrigued by the blue beetle comparison. mcu and dcu seem to be overlapping in the sameness of their movies. perhaps this is why cbm genre is looked at as fatigue.

I will say blue beetle ''appears'' a bit better, i did not get all that much streaming movie vibe like I did with the marvels, both films seem to be trying hard to get the YA market and give us an ultra colour family friendly vibe, which there is nothing wrong with but disney has a habbit or overdoing it with the marvel movies that it turns into a abc disney film than what should be a marvel film.

Incredible Member

I fully liked or at least appreciated the last pure artistic driven film they made as your average film-fan.
    Which movie? Name?

hmmm, if you are picking up on this, it must mean that every mcu movie is the same, so my critique may end up been the same, however I don't do it on purpose, as you can see from my first post, I broke down the trailer of the marvels, I did not give some random common broad comment about marvel movies ignoring the marvels trailer.
    If you hold this opinion about the Marvel movies I have to wonder why you even bother with them at all.

Incredible Member

I was more intrigued by the blue beetle comparison. mcu and dcu seem to be overlapping in the sameness of their movies. perhaps this is why cbm genre is looked at as fatigue.

I will say blue beetle ''appears'' a bit better, i did not get all that much streaming movie vibe like I did with the marvels, both films seem to be trying hard to get the YA market and give us an ultra colour family friendly vibe, which there is nothing wrong with but disney has a habbit or overdoing it with the marvel movies that it turns into a abc disney film than what should be a marvel film.
    What exactly do you think a Marvel film should be and why should Marvel cater to your opinion?

Astonishing Member

Well, Marvel messed up with how they introduced Carol Danvers -- and the entire Captain Marvel premise. Always felt it should have been closer to how she was introduced in the comic books. And Brie is okay -- but they could have made a stronger choice, IMHO. Don't know much about the new Ms. Marvel -- and generally am not a fan of kids in movies, but don't really have a strong opinion. Probably the most interesting character to me is Monica.

As for premise -- didn't really see a lot to make people rush to the theatre.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, Marvel messed up with how they introduced Carol Danvers -- and the entire Captain Marvel premise. Always felt it should have been closer to how she was introduced in the comic books.
    You mean as part of the US military who gets caught in an explosion of a Kree device and gets super powers from it then turns up later as a magazine editor who doesn't know she's Ms. Marvel?

Looks fun.

MCU is really missing their big guns. Stark, Rodgers, Widow. this is getting much worse than Fox X-Men missing wolverine in their films.

Overall looks more like a standard marvel comedy film in their list of 20 somethings comedy film.
    No investing in new character helps to keep the brand growing the worst thing about the Fox X-Men movies were their constant relying on Wolverine at the sacrifice to other characters him and later Mystique eating the films was atrocious. the 2nd worse thing about the Fox X-Men movies with First Class, Deadpool films, and Logan being the exceptions was how homogenous they were so the Marvels have color isn't a bad thing IMO. I also think the CGI and cinematography are pretty good in the trailer.

Personally, I think the film looks fun and I wasn't looking forward to this movie because while I enjoyed Captain Marvel it was at the bottom end of the MCU to me and Ms. Marvel was ok.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This looks like it'll be a lot of fun! I'm down for a Cosmic Freaky Friday.
    Yep.

So far I actually like the humor to see more natural as it leaning more into the physical comedy of the body-swap gimmick and less quip heavy.

Astonishing Member

Monica is what I most look forward too here. She was a standout and breakout in WandaVision. I want her development to continue and evolve well here. She is my main motivator to see this honestly. Personally I could do without Ms. Marvel totally but it is what it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    What exactly do you think a Marvel film should be and why should Marvel cater to your opinion?
    I don't remember but i will say it will be as far back as their earlier films before the disney purchase and over industrialization/monopolization of their films.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-11-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Monica is what I most look forward too here. She was a standout and breakout in WandaVision. I want her development to continue and evolve well here. She is my main motivator to see this honestly. Personally I could do without Ms. Marvel totally but it is what it is.
    Kamala Khan is the standout character in this teaser without her charm this trailer would flatline.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough