Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Well AC isn't giving any character time with these characters to really expand their appeal imo,yes it's good to see them,but they are used generically in most cases.I wpukd rather have a SUPER family comic with 5 seperate stories for 5 seperate characters so that we can see them doing something else besides being in group shots.

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well AC isn't giving any character time with these characters to really expand their appeal imo,yes it's good to see them,but they are used generically in most cases.I wpukd rather have a SUPER family comic with 5 seperate stories for 5 seperate characters so that we can see them doing something else besides being in group shots.

Yeah, that'd be my only nitpick with AC these days. They do juggle the large cast fairly well, but not great. It does feel a tad too busy/crowded for it's own good sometimes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I love the last one! Here’s the solicit:
    SUPERBOY: THE MAN OF TOMORROW #6
    Written by KENNY PORTER
    Art and cover by JAHNOY LINDSAY
    Variant cover by FATIMA WAJID
    1:25 variant cover by DAVID TALASKI
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/19/23
    It’s all come down to this! Conner fights tooth and nail to protect the victims of Dominator X. But when the dust settles, what will it mean for Superboy’s future as a hero?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Conner needs to get a one shot special thst takes place After what we have seen in AC
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Conner needs to get a one shot special thst takes place After what we have seen in AC
    Hopefully following this mini, Conner isn't treated as just another background Supes character.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Hopefully following this mini, Conner isn't treated as just another background Supes character.

But the mini is before him in AC,so fat chance.

My hope is they take another swing at him and a mini,or give the whole family a giant size series with seperate stories,or Conner joins a team that isn't YJ or titans

Astonishing Member

But the mini is before him in AC,so fat chance.

My hope is they take another swing at him and a mini,or give the whole family a giant size series with seperate stories,or Conner joins a team that isn't YJ or titans
    I think the last option is the most likely one. I really doubt DC will give Conner another mini anytime soon.

A new team is the best option for Conner, since YJ crew wouldn't really help him at this moment.

The problem for me about actually any of the Supers on teams is thst they are all pretty damn powerful and either don't need the team,make the team pointless,or they have to be weakened somehow to fit on one.

Kon already is established as a kryptonian powerhouse now he is a TTK powerhouse as well,what team could possibly take him on and not be after thought?

I wonder if kindred Marx,the Race,kaliber,or the rest of the ravers will show up when kon gets deserted

Fun issue with some cool fight scenes:

And the Cosmoteers are cemented as villains not heroes.

Trav is a bastard and makes for a good foil for Conner. He covets Conner’s strength and feels robbed of his heritage (like how Conner has struggled with Jon and Kara and everyone else taking his place as Superman’s heirs while he’s been gone), he’s built his own “family” of peers like Conner did with YJ, and he’s the edgy 90s “anti-hero” who is more a villain than anything else. Mini is focused on Conner’s dueling two drives: his nostalgia for the past (of which Trav represents the worst aspects of the 90s era), and his desire to move forward and find a place for himself (with Trav representing the worst possible route he could take to achieve that).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kon has the deck stacked badly against him,which is why I know he will turn it around somehow.

I’m hoping that the kids wearing the s-shield who find Conner at the end are going to be Conner fans rather than just general Superman fans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I do wish that Action Comics would, rather than use the back-ups to support books coming (Steelworks, Power Girl, etc) and not that was a bad thing, but I had hoped they would be used to put more focus on the other characters and their interactions together. Have the main story and then back ups with Connor and Kara or Keenan or Kara and Keenan or Kara and Kara...there's so many story potentials that are not fulfilled.

I wonder if kindred Marx,the Race,kaliber,or the rest of the ravers will show up when kon gets deserted
    oh yes, we need an update to the rave
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping that the kids wearing the s-shield who find Conner at the end are going to be Conner fans rather than just general Superman fans.

Conner is the one spreading the S all over the place,bad thst it is with the now killer cosmoteeers,but it was still him who spread it.

I'm hoping they can put him in front of the right light bulb to get his powers back up and running,so kon can squash his clone and teach those 3 shit heads a lesson in being a hero.