Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Trav is such a sociopath and it makes for a fun bad guy. Really enjoyed the fight between him and Conner here, Superboy fought the way he would instead of the way Clark would and I liked that. Using his TTK to deflect Trav’s blasts, ripping off Trav’s arm to try and force him to surrender, if Trav wouldn’t stand down then Kon had no problem beating him down. I do think the Cosmoteers heel-turns was too sudden for my taste, I don’t buy them being willing to surrender to the GLC that quickly.

One last issue to go!
    Crap, I have to confess than I like more the Cyborg Superboy suit than the one Conner is currently using. Maybe replace the strange symbol with a yellow S and a minor additions and you could have a new different style for Conner.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

It's almost funny how we just saw cyborg superman take over superboys body in the AC knight terrors,and now we see travv taking it to another level.

Selflessness and thinking of others before urself is the hero way,most of us couldn't be a true hero like that,I know Conner can.

I really can't read what kons power levels are in this series,sometimes he looks OP as hell,and other times he looks weak.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

have there been any good recent stories with Jon and Conner?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Crap, I have to confess than I like more the Cyborg Superboy suit than the one Conner is currently using. Maybe replace the strange symbol with a yellow S and a minor additions and you could have a new different style for Conner.
    I'm surprised that symbol hasn't got them in trouble. It's supposed to be the Cosmoteers' team logo, but it looks rather too similar to the Starfleet logo in Star Trek!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That basically is the outfit Conner is wearing, just with a solid blue uniform underneath the jacket.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And this issue it came out a week early like it was supposed to lol. Who knows what’s going on at DC? Anyway the final issue was fine. Thought the final fight with Trav could have used a few more pages, but I did enjoy the scene where Kon unleashed his TTK to prevent Trav from blowing up the planet.

Cool moment for those of you keeping track of “feats”. As a whole it definitely isn’t on the same level as King’s mini for Kara, but it was a fun read that did a decent job of reestablishing Kon’s status quo in the DCU before he joined the Superfamily team. Irony of this coming out right as it seems that team might be ending isn’t lost on me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You know I actually think this is the first time Conner and Clark have ever been depicted hugging on page.

Solid fun mini, again it's easily the best Conner content we've gotten since he came back my only real grievance is it's clear the conclusion was likely reworked to fit in with current continuity, Porter and Lindsay teased early on a brand new look but obviously that had to be scrapped to become his current Supermfam design (which is really just his old one with worse looking jacket) and Conner coming to conclusion that he should work with his family more seems at odds with the initial premise of the book that he was getting lost in a crowd of Kryptonians and feeling redundant (which arguably has been his lot in PKJ Action run with said family) I imagine the idea was for Conner to take up permeant residence in space and become a cosmic superhero, taking that bold new step in life and finally chasing the past, though I think they found a nice middle ground with him still living on Earth but being on call for any planets in need and hopefully by some miracle Porter will be able to build upon it someday in the future as it's good premise and the guy has a solid grasp on Conner's character, he really captures his cockiness and charm and general gung-ho nature while still remembering all the development he's previously gone through by highlighting his maturity as well instead of resetting him back to zero.

Oh well if this Conner last hurrah for the foreseeable future before going back into limbo at least it was an enjoyable one, he's endured this long despite editorial either killing him off, erasing him from existence or attempting to replace him I'm sure he'll pop again at some point. Maybe he'll get something cool to do in Action outside of just standing around before PKJ Superfam era ends, seriously though if they ever do take another crack at a Superman family cut the roster in half so it can actually be a narratively functional team with real group dynamics, even if it means leaving out Conner as much as it hurts to say I just don't get this mentality of over-bloated casts just to have everyone there for the sake of being there if the serve no real purpose and ultimately don't do anything.
    Last edited by walk; 09-19-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Good issue,sad that it's over and kon will be background wallpaper from here on out ugh.
    Um the feats he pulls off in this mini should make him the most powerful member of the S family
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I like than Kon has expand his personal myth with a new enemy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

find nearest open gas station
    Conner is the most powerful member of the S family

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    find nearest open gas station
    Conner is the most powerful member of the S family
    Kind of makes me wonder what Kon could do if he started doing Dragon Ball type training.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

They have updated the file on DCUI to include the long-promised Hawkman and Hawkwoman story from the Round Robin!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder what Kon could do if he started doing Dragon Ball type training.

I'm surprised DC allowed them to give Conner such a huge feat really,it doesn't really go with him being just another SUPER in the crowd when he has this much power