Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    Man, outside that ridiculous power showing. I love that they capture Kon’s voice. Cocky like Kessel but with more maturity like Johns.

Yep,both sides of his powers are insane,but they still can catch his voice well,it really was nice to have him say in different ways how much he just wants to help ppl,and his no kill code is strong here
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    Man, outside that ridiculous power showing. I love that they capture Kon’s voice. Cocky like Kessel but with more maturity like Johns.
    I'm gonna enjoy this then, really didn't like how they were using the iconic look with some mishmash version that didn't seem to include anything about the original character. I'll cope with the clone of Lex thing I guess.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Finally sat down and read this and I loved it! Definitely felt like a good balance between the Kessel and the Johns incarnations, Kon is arrogant and hot headed, but sincere and willing to sacrifice his own life to save others. Porter said he wanted to give the book a DBZ feel and damned if Lindsay didn’t nail that aspect with the fight scenes. Conner was kicking ass with his TTK!

Very promising start to this new mini! Now they just need to give him a new costume and a new code name by the end
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ah okay so it's the new 52 TTK that... isn't actually tactile, just some energy blasts. Which at least is cool because they nail the DBZ vibe but (rant time)

It means another thing, the original power, is lost to time. Bendis described Kon as a punk rock Peter Pan but then just put him with the Titans. I mean it's not really Pan if you scrub him clean of the Lost Boys then pair him up with the other Vault characters, y'know? I can definitely give it time with the interdimensional stuff but the lack of all Kirby/Cadmus is just regrettable. It feels worse with what's going on with Hawkman, and that sounds unrelated until you realize that both cases are ardent to stick with what Johns has put down: metahumans who speak meta (this whole "find my place" thing) in high concept. I'm really not saying my preferences would be more successful but I feel as though the Sci-fi babies have gone out with the bathwater. I can't help but feel as though Superboy wouldn't need a place to find if they gave him the place he had, since his slate can only be so clean anyway with this "forgot about me" stuff. For a lot of my favorite characters, reintroducing what I like now would only complicate things anyway, but I'm just stuck here watching them try everything else. (rant over)

That all off my chest though, Porter and Lindsay did exactly what they said they would in the pitch. The comic itself is just plain fun, with fluidity and humor, so I will definitely speak on it as much as I can.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally sat down and read this and I loved it! Definitely felt like a good balance between the Kessel and the Johns incarnations, Kon is arrogant and hot headed, but sincere and willing to sacrifice his own life to save others. Porter said he wanted to give the book a DBZ feel and damned if Lindsay didn’t nail that aspect with the fight scenes. Conner was kicking ass with his TTK!

Very promising start to this new mini! Now they just need to give him a new costume and a new code name by the end

This mini comes before action comics so the suit he has there is the suit he will.end the mini on....Sadly.i want a mix of both looks myself,a.mix of the OG 2.suits,YJ 2nd thru 4th looks,and Titans of tomorrow suit all in one.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Damn the action in this is really fucking great. Dynamic as Hell, like reading a battle manga.

Interesting stuff with the Dominators, so there is a faction out there cloning any superwarriors they can get data on including Earth's champions. Thats a pretty scary concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ah okay so it's the new 52 TTK that... isn't actually tactile, just some energy blasts. Which at least is cool because they nail the DBZ vibe but (rant time)

It means another thing, the original power, is lost to time. Bendis described Kon as a punk rock Peter Pan but then just put him with the Titans. I mean it's not really Pan if you scrub him clean of the Lost Boys then pair him up with the other Vault characters, y'know? I can definitely give it time with the interdimensional stuff but the lack of all Kirby/Cadmus is just regrettable. It feels worse with what's going on with Hawkman, and that sounds unrelated until you realize that both cases are ardent to stick with what Johns has put down: metahumans who speak meta (this whole "find my place" thing) in high concept. I'm really not saying my preferences would be more successful but I feel as though the Sci-fi babies have gone out with the bathwater. I can't help but feel as though Superboy wouldn't need a place to find if they gave him the place he had, since his slate can only be so clean anyway with this "forgot about me" stuff. For a lot of my favorite characters, reintroducing what I like now would only complicate things anyway, but I'm just stuck here watching them try everything else. (rant over)

That all off my chest though, Porter and Lindsay did exactly what they said they would in the pitch. The comic itself is just plain fun, with fluidity and humor, so I will definitely speak on it as much as I can.

Well what made new 52 "tactile" is thst his TK came from.every cell in his body and anything he touched he could manipulate or scan.

This TTK does look almost identical to the new 52 TTK though,he has used it by touching something and also without,but I wonder if he has any sensory applications from.it like the new 52 kon did.

Remember Conner has 2 complete powersets,not just powers added on or a power given a boost,Cadmus gave him a complete TTK powerset,and lex snuck in a complete kryptonian(with human dna) powerset,so what we see in this 1st issue is exactly on track with where his 2 powersets should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Damn the action in this is really fucking great. Dynamic as Hell, like reading a battle manga.

Interesting stuff with the Dominators, so there is a faction out there cloning any superwarriors they can get data on including Earth's champions. Thats a pretty scary concept.

Sounds like exaclty what any advanced militant type species would do.

Even wheen they were getting there shots in on him he never went down,plus him only looking like he was on the down side of a fight because he didn't want to kill anybody should amaze you all about just how powerful the kid truly is.

All those clones coming down on him and the only thing holding him back is his no kill code,the kid is a mega beast

Part of me was hoping that M’gann would show up as part of the Cosmoteers and Porter was just keeping her a secret but no luck. Oh well so this is the team it would seem:

One of them (the bird like one) is from a species we’ve seen before, I remember a GL with a similar design. Other two might be new species, unless Porter wants to tie them to preexisting alien Superman Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This mini comes before action comics so the suit he has there is the suit he will.end the mini on....Sadly.i want a mix of both looks myself,a.mix of the OG 2.suits,YJ 2nd thru 4th looks,and Titans of tomorrow suit all in one.
    My hope is that he switches to another costume for a bit, and while he has to switch back for continuity’s sake, PKJ will ultimately change him back in the “present”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superboy - The Man of Tomorrow 001 (2023) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)-003.jpg

Is it just me, or are they making Conner look younger than Jon?

Part of me was hoping that M’gann would show up as part of the Cosmoteers and Porter was just keeping her a secret but no luck. Oh well so this is the team it would seem:

One of them (the bird like one) is from a species we’ve seen before, I remember a GL with a similar design. Other two might be new species, unless Porter wants to tie them to preexisting alien Superman Rogues.

My hope is that he switches to another costume for a bit, and while he has to switch back for continuity’s sake, PKJ will ultimately change him back in the “present”.
    Your think of Toma-re the Xudarian green lantern of krypton sector, which the speedster here is the same species. The giant girl looks almost Tammeranian and the guy want to say it Ranndian or some sort since they are the only non-earth human aliens in the dc universe (unless he just Human)

Is it just me, or are they making Conner look younger than Jon?
    other way around they keep making Jon look like he in his late 20s to give off the illusion of him being the "next superman". Remember this was drawn and design during the Taylor era of pushing him to be the G5 superman

Lindsay does give Conner a very young appearance, but I don’t know who of the two is meant to be older. I think Jon is supposed to be 17-18 and Conner in my headcanon is biologically 19-20 years old.

The name makes me wonder if the original idea of the writer was to use the Cometeers (Captain Comet's Wanderers, who made their names changed) but the idea was nixed and he created the Cosmoteers.

The Xudarians. The Parrot people.

It is almost sure he will lose his jacket.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Would’ve been cool to see the New 52 Cometeers again, but I would be surprised if Porter was angling to use them, or their previous incarnations. That’s a very obscure team that I don’t believe has ever had strong ties with Conner.

Would’ve been cool to see the New 52 Cometeers again, but I would be surprised if Porter was angling to use them, or their previous incarnations. That’s a very obscure team that I don’t believe has ever had strong ties with Conner.
    Maybe you are right, but Porter has show he knows a lot of the DC lore with the selection of aliens he did use in this first issue. And he has show to be a follower of Morrison. If he read the new52 Action Comics, maybe he had an idea about who the Cometeers were. It's just a throw away idea, but the liguistic similitude callED my attention.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin