Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well what made new 52 "tactile" is thst his TK came from.every cell in his body and anything he touched he could manipulate or scan.

This TTK does look almost identical to the new 52 TTK though,he has used it by touching something and also without,but I wonder if he has any sensory applications from.it like the new 52 kon did.

Remember Conner has 2 complete powersets,not just powers added on or a power given a boost,Cadmus gave him a complete TTK powerset,and lex snuck in a complete kryptonian(with human dna) powerset,so what we see in this 1st issue is exactly on track with where his 2 powersets should be.
    Really, I meant before he even was retconned to even have Kryptonian powers. I thought the explanation was Byrne's most clever contribution and I like how it extended to Kon... a superhero whose power is basically to bind or shatter is unique, especially in this franchise

main-qimg-4858a71e61f49b31c080f9362699efac-lq.jpg
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Part of me was hoping that M’gann would show up as part of the Cosmoteers and Porter was just keeping her a secret but no luck. Oh well so this is the team it would seem:

One of them (the bird like one) is from a species we’ve seen before, I remember a GL with a similar design. Other two might be new species, unless Porter wants to tie them to preexisting alien Superman Rogues.

My hope is that he switches to another costume for a bit, and while he has to switch back for continuity’s sake, PKJ will ultimately change him back in the “present”.

I wouldn't mind mggan showing up in a future issue to save kons ass from.something,I really want them to explore a non YJ TV show version of both characters liking each other.

I think all the team supersuit in AC are only temporary,or until they want to change the direction of the series.I hope we get a new,more mature look for Conner sooner than later
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Attachment 130956

Is it just me, or are they making Conner look younger than Jon?

It is both,artists and DC wants to play kon as the young cool kid,when he is the cool.young adult(cause thst can actually happen DC),and Jon they want him to look like he could stand up to his dad's rogue gallery,like Ol hank Henshaw (which I don't think he should be able to,atleast without using his AMP ability)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Lindsay does give Conner a very young appearance, but I don’t know who of the two is meant to be older. I think Jon is supposed to be 17-18 and Conner in my headcanon is biologically 19-20 years old.

I see kon anywhere from 19 to 22 years old,while present Jon around 17-18,but maybe when the real Jon comes back he will be like 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The name makes me wonder if the original idea of the writer was to use the Cometeers (Captain Comet's Wanderers, who made their names changed) but the idea was nixed and he created the Cosmoteers.

The Xudarians. The Parrot people.

It is almost sure he will lose his jacket.

God plz don't use captain comet with thst terrible new 52 look,he was badass looking pre Flashpoint.

Kon should never lose the jacket,it's one of the many things thst define him

Maybe you are right, but Porter has show he knows a lot of the DC lore with the selection of aliens he did use in this first issue. And he has show to be a follower of Morrison. If he read the new52 Action Comics, maybe he had an idea about who the Cometeers were. It's just a throw away idea, but the liguistic similitude callED my attention.
    He has used some of Morrison's ideas or what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Really, I meant before he even was retconned to even have Kryptonian powers. I thought the explanation was Byrne's most clever contribution and I like how it extended to Kon... a superhero whose power is basically to bind or shatter is unique, especially in this franchise

main-qimg-4858a71e61f49b31c080f9362699efac-lq.jpg

Brynes bio aura explanation was pure genius imo,and explains how Supermans powers all break physics laws.
    Without bio aura superman should be infinitely strong very durable,insanely fast,and have super senses.
    With the bio aura he can lift things in any awkward way he wants,he is totally invulnerable,he can push heat vision and super breath out if his body,see thru things with xray vision,and fly.

So YJ show superboy and superman 3000 from JL 3000 are what a kryptonian looks like without using a bio aura.

The bio aura is a physical manifestation of mental powers thst are meant to break thru physics laws,simple as that.

Now kon had this bio aura,but didn't have the base non bio aura powers that kryptonians have so they made a passive ability into a weaponized TK power.thats how kon can lift and punch stuff.they new 52 kon took this to the next level

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah I’m curious what he means too. I can’t recall off the top of my head any explicit Morrison influence from Porter, his big inspirations come moreso from anime and manga per some interviews with him that I’ve listened to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Some of the aliens appearing are pretty similar to the interpretation seen in Morrison books (volcanhead guy and the xudarian crest detail) I guess that why he took inspiration. Or maybe I am guessing something than is not there?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Some of the aliens appearing are pretty similar to the interpretation seen in Morrison books (volcanhead guy and the xudarian crest detail) I guess that why he took inspiration. Or maybe I am guessing something than is not there?
    Lindsay might be the one who deserves more credit for that unless Porter specifically asked for those designs. The clear influence is Dragon Ball per Porter himself and you can really see. The main Dominator that Kon is up against being purple and white has got to be a Freeza reference.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lindsay might be the one who deserves more credit for that unless Porter specifically asked for those designs. The clear influence is Dragon Ball per Porter himself and you can really see. The main Dominator that Kon is up against being purple and white has got to be a Freeza reference.
    Could be Lindsay deserves the credit. But about the Dominator colors, I thougt it was to make him a less offensive racial caricature.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Could be Lindsay deserves the credit. But about the Dominator colors, I thougt it was to make him a less offensive racial caricature.
    Two birds with one stone. Moves the Dominators away from caricature design they had before and also makes for a nice visual parallel with the manga/anime inspiration that Porter and Lindsay are drawing on. The motivation of this Dominator is also a lot like Freeza too, both are committing incredible acts of evil for the pettiest of reasons: greed.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wait was up with the Dominators that made them racial caricatures?

First I heard of that.

They look like Yellow Peril Asians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait was up with the Dominators that made them racial caricatures?

First I heard of that.
    a race of imperialist robe wearing yellow skin aliens with small eyes and large front teeth with a obvious giant red circle who like to scheme and experiment

it not that subtle

dominators.jpg