Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ahhhhhhh okay now I see it, thanks.

In that case the new colors are an improvement.

Extraordinary Member

Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow #1 Preview
    Writer: Kenny Porter
    Artist: Jahnoy Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Dr. Polaris is a little far from Coast City.

So we've got Kara in her WoT final costume but with her long hair...unless it's just the wind moving her hair around.

It's tough fighting crime by yourself in a city of Supers.

Nice to see him with Ma and Pa again. I hope we get to see him with Krypto.

read the issue idk if he suppose to look young or he is that young but his concerns make sense especially since there are more super people now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    read the issue idk if he suppose to look young or he is that young but his concerns make sense especially since there are more super people now

That's how the artist draws,PLUS yes he has been drawn way to young lately.18 to 23 for me,nothing lower plz.

While the bat family tends to stick together in the same town,the Super family has alwsys spread out,which they r not doing now,but I would be more than happy to see kon leave metropolis,I like urban atmosphere for him,but somewhere like Hawaii would be good for him too
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah I'm not saying he has to return to the 90s, even though he's the spirit of the 90s himself, but he has his own place right there. It's like if they didn't know what to do with Dick Grayson after Bruce returned.

I'm still trying to figure out the age thing. The last thing I expected was for him to be presented as younger than Jon, but here we are.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the age thing. The last thing I expected was for him to be presented as younger than Jon, but here we are.
    Jon got artificially age up so he be the next superman of 5g generation so you can't judge it on that since Jon has to look older to give off the illusion of birthright/natural succession like image if they wanted tim to be the next batman but he look still like 90s age younger than both jason and dick

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Jon got artificially age up so he be the next superman of 5g generation so you can't judge it on that since Jon has to look older to give off the illusion of birthright/natural succession like image if they wanted tim to be the next batman but he look still like 90s age younger than both jason and dick

Yeah I get thst,still not cool when a character is right in front of them for 30 years and "feels" like he is ready to step up,then they do the opposite amd make him "feel" younger
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Half of that is they can’t decide what they want Jon to be so if he is being presented as older than Kon I guarantee that’s an editing issue & not necessarily about Kon himself, Jon has no voice no personality & no direction.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Echoing what others have said, but yeah, he looks way young here. Even the covers make him look older than the interior art, that scene with Ma and Pa in particular.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Half of that is they can’t decide what they want Jon to be so if he is being presented as older than Kon I guarantee that’s an editing issue & not necessarily about Kon himself, Jon has no voice no personality & no direction.
    Connor's portrayal here is more personality than Teen Jon has had since........ ever

I see exactly what y’all mean about Kon being infantized

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Connor's portrayal here is more personality than Teen Jon has had since........ ever

Thsts why we fans love this character,he has so much personality it bursts off the page,so fun to read.he is so different than superman and the other superman mini characters imo,but with the same moral code as him

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Conner gets to avoid being bland like Jon because he has that Luthor DNA. That means he can be arrogant and screw up, or get angry and sullen. He can express resentment or despair. He remains useful within the Superfamily as large as it’s grown because of how he can be a person while Clark & Jon have to be “icons”. It’s idiotic that writers like to pretend that Clark is all good and Lex is all bad, but hell I’ll take that if it allows Conner a wider emotional range than we usually get with people wearing S-shields. Having one Super be a trash talker is something I’ve desperately wanted. Was hoping it would be Jon but that’s clearly not happening. Conner was that guy once, seems like Porter is restoring that trait, and I’m pleased.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As far as bland goes, I'm hanging on especially because I figure this series here will end all this "who am I, life is complicated" stuff tbh. It felt like too much for the character about twelve years ago already.

Lindsay's young look isn't much of a problem to me because this particular take is what he's comfortable using in action pieces that look good.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES