Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Since Porter himself wants this to be the Namek/Freeza Saga for Kon, there’s one thing Conner absolutely needs to unlock at the climax:

His own Super Saiyan power up! Alas Jon already has the Electric Blue form or I would suggest that for Conner.

This is way more insane than that for sure.

Add thst Conner actually stood up to Prime
    He laughed off Freddy freeman as captain marvel with ease
    And here is this 1st issue he has shown a perfect mix of kryptonian and TTK.
    So he should already be past or atleast equal to Jon and his AMP ability,which he has had and used since being a kid,but just now really letting it loose
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

As someone who was pretty enthusiastic about Jon’s potential as Superman, and as a guy who mostly enjoyed Bendis, Taylor has utterly ruined the concept for me at this point. His Jon is such a bore, I wouldn’t even care if he got deaged or killed off.

What Porter is doing with Conner here is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see done with Jon: fold in some manga influences and mix them with superheroics. It’s crazy how much more exciting this book is. We’re only one issue in and I’m loathe to get ahead of myself, but Conner may end up being a more interesting candidate for co-Superman with Clark than the guy DC was grooming to take the cape away from Clark for good. Kenan was already a better candidate but it’s sad how badly DC editorial dropped the ball.

Oh well, Jon’s loss is Conner’s gain. Hope this book keeps up the quality level and sells well enough that maybe we might get more minis for Conner.
    I find it a bonus that for all of Taylor's espousing how great it is that Jon "never throws a punch" when dealing with problems, this book is just Connor throwing telekinetic punches in spectacular fashion.

Now thats good action.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    De-aging him is pretty much his only solution. It's that...or he's quietly ignored until he's killed off/erased in "Forever Crisis".
    White Crisis kills off Jon. Forever Crisis has Jay bring him back at the cost of his own life. Crisis Rebirth de-ages him and states that his adult life never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

So he should already be past or atleast equal to Jon and his AMP ability,which he has had and used since being a kid,but just now really letting it loose
    Joe Kelly was good with JLA and mostly good with Superman, but Superboy in THAT time period was just the best fit for him
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Kon going nuts with the TTK at some point would definitely be a great “you’ve pushed me past my breaking point and now I’m absolutely going HAM on your ass”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Since Porter himself wants this to be the Namek/Freeza Saga for Kon, there’s one thing Conner absolutely needs to unlock at the climax:

His own Super Saiyan power up! Alas Jon already has the Electric Blue form or I would suggest that for Conner.
    He could access the red side of the power!:

Or the gold itself!!:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He could access the red side of the power!:

Or the gold itself!!:

I would personally just have him stick to his own very unique power thst isnt him looking like a knockoff or derivative of someone else.

The bio aura thst was changed into TTK is laced with "passive" TK and remote viewing that is triggered thru the use of Kryptonian senses,BUT kons TTK is not passive and not needing to be triggered,he can control it all himself.this is how thst awesome feat above I posted is possible,that's why the new 52 kon seemed so damn powerful with just his TTK.

Kon has 2 powersets,both are kryptonian level,and together would make him the most powerful being on the planet easy,no wonder they hold him.back in every conceivable way.

BTW his TTK should be blue,it was blue before the.new 52,and the blue goes well with his color.of his heat vision
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Kon’s TTK is red now however:

With Jon having a blue power up form, I’m fine with Kon using a red power-up form (or maybe in keeping with the Dragon Ball DNA it’s Rose ?)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kon’s TTK is red now however:

With Jon having a blue power up form, I’m fine with Kon using a red power-up form (or maybe in keeping with the Dragon Ball DNA it’s Rose ?)

Yeah I know it's red,but it should be blue,if we are going by history,which I guess we are not.plus I don't want kons power color having anything to do with Jon's power color,shouldn't have nothing to do with each other.

But oh well,looks like the new 52 kons power,hopefully it's thst powerful

Yeah I know it's red,but it should be blue,if we are going by history,which I guess we are not.plus I don't want kons power color having anything to do with Jon's power color,shouldn't have nothing to do with each other.

But oh well,looks like the new 52 kons power,hopefully it's thst powerful
    I have not read it yet but if it really is the nu52 stuff I hope they do the sensory stuff. I felt that was the best.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The decision to change Kon's power signature to red was probably done to differentiate him from Jon's new powerset. Which I dont mind what color it's represented as, as long as it is still his traditional power set...the tactile telekinesis. I really enjoyed the issue with the exception of the art depicting him as so young, which is more than likely due to the artist's style. DC is making a major push with artists who's style is more anima/manga style than traditional American comics style. (See Tim Drake: Robin, upcoming Tales of the Titans, various other books that are escaping me at the moment.)
    The only nit to pick for me on this issue is that Kon's personality isn't necessarily one to feel left out and needing something to do, but more of one that would be maybe bored and go out looking for something to do rather than a purpose. However, it's an enjoyable issue and I do look forward to seeing where it goes. I just wish the interior art matched more of the Kon that's on the main cover. A character that is somewhere between 18 and 21, slightly scruffy, a little grungy, but all fun.
    (As far as the side rant on Jon that's been happening, I dont think he needs to be de-aged or written off. Yes, Taylor's fallen flat with him but PKJ has developed more personality with him in the short time he's been in Action Comics than Taylor did in all of runs so far.) Jon just really needs a different writer to give him a proper voice and purpose for being. Giving him the blue electric powers was an excellent decision to differentiate him from his father and his cousin(s) (Power Girl included.)
    I would actually like to see a mini series or back up feature in Action focusing on Jon and Kon. Show us how they are similar, how they are different...are they friends, do they get along (which that answer would be yes...but why)

SUPERBOY: THE MAN OF TOMORROW #4

Written by KENNY PORTER
    Art and cover by JAHNOY LINDSAY
    Variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    1:25 variant cover by MEGAN HUANG
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/18/23
    Superboy goes toe-to-toe with the hulking clone known as Infinity. Wielding abilities from species across the cosmos, Conner and his new friends, the Cosmoteers, will need to use every trick up their sleeves to defeat this monstrous threat. But when the dust finally settles, Conner’s alliance with the Cosmoteers might be no more!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I don't know Porter's work, but we'll see. The first chapter was blegh, if he can pull it off, I'll be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I find it a bonus that for all of Taylor's espousing how great it is that Jon "never throws a punch" when dealing with problems, this book is just Connor throwing telekinetic punches in spectacular fashion.

Now thats good action.
    I can see where Taylor is coming from, because we do need a hero doesn't punch first. But, I think his "he's gay and non-violent" rubbed people the wrong, it was all the reason he gave for Jon being so great. In my opinion, that should've been a red flag for the character. Not because he's gay and non-violent, I support those ideas for Jon. I do think Jon should be non-violent. Clark is a physical character, he's not scared to throw a punch. Jon shouldn't do it unless it's an emergency. Anyways, it was a red flag because Tom Taylor had nothing else to compliment the character about beyond his ideas his brought into canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    When he lost his powers, he was working for Cadmus.
    Losing his powers should've been an existential crisis for him, but it wasn't. Because that's not his character. My whole point is that, the idea works better for Superman. Not Connor (or is it Conner?).
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 04-25-2023 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    DC is making a major push with artists whose style is more anima/manga style than traditional American comics style. (See Tim Drake: Robin, upcoming Tales of the Titans, various other books that are escaping me at the moment.)
    Took a while but DC is slowly moving away from the Jim Lee “house style”. I think Jorge Jimenez is the artist who will end up defining the “look” of DC going forward.
    The only nit to pick for me on this issue is that Kon's personality isn't necessarily one to feel left out and needing something to do, but more of one that would be maybe bored and go out looking for something to do rather than a purpose. However, it's an enjoyable issue and I do look forward to seeing where it goes. I just wish the interior art matched more of the Kon that's on the main cover. A character that is somewhere between 18 and 21, slightly scruffy, a little grungy, but all fun.
    Original 90s Kon would be that guy, but this is still technically the same guy who has been through the events of Johns Teen Titans and Adventure Comics + Lemire Superboy, meaning he grew more serious and invested in helping others. Despite his outfit, writers aren’t shying away from how Johns changed him, and I think his attitude here is in line with how Johns developed him from his original Kessel/PAD characterization.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Took a while but DC is slowly moving away from the Jim Lee “house style”. I think Jorge Jimenez is the artist who will end up defining the “look” of DC going forward.

Original 90s Kon would be that guy, but this is still technically the same guy who has been through the events of Johns Teen Titans and Adventure Comics + Lemire Superboy, meaning he grew more serious and invested in helping others. Despite his outfit, writers aren’t shying away from how Johns changed him, and I think his attitude here is in line with how Johns developed him from his original Kessel/PAD characterization.
    I don't know if we can call it development when Graduation Day forced an entire 180 on YJ. I'll say Graduation Day/TT was a hard restart for these characters. Geoff Johns ignored the history of Kon and Bart to make them work how he wants to. He downplayed the friendship of Superboy, Impulse, and Robin to put over Connor (Conner?) and Tim as a World's Finest Jr. Cassie... Well. I can't really recall anything between those three of significance. Though an argument can be made Geoff Johns developed his Superboy in Teen Titans and Adventure Comics.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 04-25-2023 at 10:11 PM.

I might not like the wanna be punk look,or that he is drawn way to young,but i really like jahnoys energy he gives off in these covers