Extraordinary Member

Default More annoying - people always in a hurry or people never in a hurry?

Who are more annoying - people who are always in a hurry or people who are never in a hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Who are more annoying - people who are always in a hurry or people who are never in a hurry?
    ^^^Both are equally annoying depending on the situation.

I’m a big believer in a nice steady pace.

Two sayings I learned in the Army apply to rushing and dawdling:
    “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.

“There’s never enough time to do things right but always enough time to do things twice”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Both are equally annoying depending on the situation.

I’m a big believer in a nice steady pace.

Two sayings I learned in the Army apply to rushing and dawdling:
    “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.

“There’s never enough time to do things right but always enough time to do things twice”.
    Nice post.

Yeah, I got the idea of this thread driving down the freeway. I was going the speed limit (okay a little more than the speed limit) and cars were flying around me. Yet, every so often, I'd come up on a car driving about 10 miles below the speed limit.

I think I'd vote for people who are never in a hurry as the more annoying ones.

. . . I got the idea of this thread driving down the freeway. I was going the speed limit (okay a little more than the speed limit) and cars were flying around me. Yet, every so often, I'd come up on a car driving about 10 miles below the speed limit.

If you limit it to highway driving, people who go slow and don't use the far right lane (at least in places like here U.S. where we drive on the right-hand side of the road) are truly annoying.

Otherwise, it all depends on what you're use to. When I first moved to Connecticut from New Jersey, I remember when I first used the small local bank I was truly annoyed by how slow and casual everything was with cashiers chatting with customers and giving out dog treats if people had brought their pups in with them. But after a while, I got a little more use to that feel.

Astonishing Member

Outside of driving, slow people tend to be annoying. Move with a purpose.

Nice post.

Yeah, I got the idea of this thread driving down the freeway. I was going the speed limit (okay a little more than the speed limit) and cars were flying around me. Yet, every so often, I'd come up on a car driving about 10 miles below the speed limit.

^^^Push comes to shove I think I’d have to agree.

I mean, i DON’T like to be rushed, so if I’m telling you to pick up the pace, there’s a reason for it.

As an aside, when I lived in NYC, and used the subway, I’d routinely jog up/down the stairs if I was in a hurry. If I wasn’t, I’d use the escalator.

PPL would get pissed at me because I’d just stand there and not move, while they were trying to run.

Sorry not sorry; escalators are for standing on that’s kinda the point.

Both are annoying, but people in a hurry tends to be more annoying.

I try not to be in a hurry at home. I am very happy doing very little very slowly.

The only time I am in a hurry is when I am out of the house to do my grocery shopping. I try and get that done as fast as I can which at times leads to issues. I am just so scared of being out of the house and in a crowded store I try and get it done as soon as possible.

And here is a song on being in a hurry that I love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzi5WFiMCs
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-08-2023 at 03:49 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only time I'm in a hurry is when I'm on my daily walks as I stroll at a quick pace.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

People who are never in a hurry. I have dealt with a few like that, they are always late and often miss, or make you miss things. You have to end up hurrying in the end when they don't hurry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

You can't hurry love.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

People who are always in a hurry but who never accomplish anything worth hurrying about.