Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The Brood were created to be monsters and serve that purpose in the fiction. I suppose they can manage to survive for however long any writer sees fit to ignore them. As long as there is an endless swarm of alien fodder for other writers to use for their stories then Broo and his ilk can be left in peace and succeed. Until some writer decides otherwise.
    And you just pointed out a flaw or loophole in your argument. You're right, the Brood kill on instinct and reflexively; as a species, that is how they survive. The slavers, killers, and other criminals cannot really be considered a species in and of themselves and act with malice, although I suppose some could argue that they're also acting on their own warped instincts and reflexes. Nonetheless, wiping out the Brood constitutes genocide; influencing the Brood to target and kill slavers, killers, and other criminals does not. Food for thought.

Frankly, this discussion could go on for days, and I hope it will!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member

while i think both have a point, duggan seems to be leaning towards jean being right in this regard. the way scott is presented here makes his rhetoric similar to the shiar when they put jean on trial and all the anti mutant people who advocate for sentinels. he may have a point about the brood being dangerous, but he's letting his fear and anger control him into doing something wrong.

also not sure i like the decision to put knowhere this near earth. its been a big part of marvel cosmic since its introduction and sticking it in the sol system feels off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Cyclops is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Cyclops was right. Kill those cockroaches.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    He votes to side with Bishop, so his opinion is clear.
    We have no indication why he voted what he did or what was even voted on in the data page. That being said, it's not necessarily his opinion I find extremely off, it's his behavior. Yes his father almost died, but he didn't even act this blood thirsty when Jean's life has been on the line. I would expect him to be emotional, but it's a bit much.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-12-2023 at 07:22 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's not his opinion I find odd, it's his behavior. I have no problem with his stance, which is inferred as the data page doesn't indicate who voted on what, but his actions are overly emotional. Yes his father almost died, but he didn't even act this blood thirsty when Jean's life has been on the line.
    Duggan assumes the reader has basic reading comprehension and can gather who voted for what given that 3/4 characters clearly state their position.

Are Hepzibah, Ch'od, and Raza all dead??

Cr'reee??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Yeah, like I'm going to listen to the guy who was on the wrong side of Schism. He only lasted as long as he did because Hellion felt like wearing his ugly school uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Frankly, this discussion could go on for days, and I hope it will!
    Yeah that's kinda my favorite part about all of this. Duggan be like:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Duggan assumes the reader has basic reading comprehension and can gather who voted for what given that 3/4 characters clearly state their position.
    So the vote was on the Scarlet Witch plan or genocide in general? And Scott voted on what because?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Are Hepzibah, Ch'od, and Raza all dead??

Cr'reee??
    They weren't shown to be on Corsair's ship but all the crew there were definitely killed. I hope the known Starjammers are alive.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Do you realize how ironic it is to post a picture of Logan when we all know he probably would have been on Scott's side?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah that's kinda my favorite part about all of this. Duggan be like:

Totally, lol. He's giggling this a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So the vote was on the Scarlet Witch plan or genocide in general?
    To be fair, that vote occurred a while back, and Scott was voting on whether these plans were "worth discussing" as viable options in the future, or so that's how I interpret it. Also, I think they may have voted on both plans, as Psylocke refers to Beast and Dark Beast, which is more in line with hybrids, and Magik explicitly states, "I'm outie on any Scarlet Golem plans." Here's the data page:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Totally, lol. He's giggling this a.m.

To be fair, that vote occurred a while back, and Scott was voting on whether these plans were "worth discussing" as viable options in the future, or so that's how I interpret it. Also, I think they may have voted on both plans, as Psylocke refers to Beast and Dark Beast, which is more in line with hybrids, and Magik explicitly states, "I'm outie on any Scarlet Golem plans." Here's the data page:

Such a minor sidenote but I kinda facepalm every time another book acknowledges how truly awful Beast has become (Immortal has done it a couple times too) because Percy’s Beast story only works if everyone is blissfully unaware of Hank’s weakly war crimes. It’s such a clear case of one writer telling the others not to touch his toys, that it creates this weird disconnect between what characters apparently know and what’s actually going on in the books.

This will be the last I reply to anything today, and yes I agree with your interpretation. I had the same thoughts, but that's my point. They're merely discussing the possibility of taking the offensive against the Brood. There doesn't seem to be much of an in-depth examination of their views, well, except for Bishop. No one openly is against killing the Brood. The main point of contention hinders on Broo and the suggested plans. Scott's rationale/opinion on the plans isn't stated anywhere. He's merely entertaining the discussion at this point.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Cyclops is right.
    Second that!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================