Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

In the debate between Scott & Jean, they're both right- her from an in-universe perspective, him from our own.

I mean, it's perfectly understandable to not want to see an entire race to die. But from our own, we know that the Brood will always be what they are because that's the use writers have for them- murder lots of people and the heros stop them. Plus, Jean's solution is ultimately "let's avoid dealing with this for now to see if can come up with something".

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Personally, I think the conflict was far less forced than the past 4 years of forcibly ignoring the many conflicts that should be arising between Jean and Scott. Even putting aside the cheating and all of the new teen memories of drama from the past O5, they grew VERY differently as people when the other was temporarily deceased and their value systems shouldn't be exactly the same.
    Exactly. Scott particularly has been forced into a very out of character mode, although Hickman clearly intended to give him some peace until he fell out with Xavier and co. But since he left early, Cyke mostly didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post

Yep, create human clones for the Brood(from a willing donor like Xavier with Proteus). I would probably find it very questionable in real life as well, but in the comics they are already doing this kind of stuff(and even did it with Xavier back in the day) and seem to see nothing wrong with it. They are using braindead husks for Proteus and I assume other mutants like Emplate that require other people or mutants to live. If they find it ethically sound and good enough for mutants, why not for the Brood?
    Proteus is one guy. The Brood are in the millions or billions (maybe even trillions) of beings.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Cyclops was right. Kill those cockroaches.
    On God. Praise be to Optic Blast.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Brood aren't a civilization. They only kill and reproduce. They can't live without it, the best Broo could do was to only have them infect and kill other bad people. And he's failed at that.

Bishops ideas of how to do it however are uh fucking crazy?
    I mean this is incorrect since Hickman established that the Brood do have a society and have enough intelligence to stop eating and killing when dealing with a threat bigger than them like the Builders in Infinity.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I agree. The Brood don't just kill to survive, they commit genocide to survive. But considering where Jean has been, I can see her side as well.

This argument in my mind is largely driven by the 2 different places Scott and Jean have been when the other was dead. But by making sure both have a point the writers make a good debate for the readers. I just wish Scott had been able to relate his point in a more rational manner.
    I think the Brood as a species have clearly evolved into something else. Not giving them a second chance is indeed disgusting genocide. Why is it even a debate?! It was a villain who manipulated them into falling back into old habits.

We could even argue that Broo is a mutant who has been taught certain values at the "Jean Grey School for Higher Learning" and is capable of compassion and love. He does exactly what the X-Men have taught him to do!!! How can the X-Men forget that and do not support LITERAL ONE OF THEIR OWN. A student who was raised to live in co-existence with others?! Who even has the power to do so and proves as a being that the Brood can be more than killing machines.

I find it poetic that it is Jean Grey—who now alive again—is fighting for Broo and his new "tribe" of Brood. He was a student at a school that was named after her for a reason.

I also think that Bishop once told the X-Men, that in the future there is a benign race of Brood he is aware of...I find the words horrible and inexcusable that the author has put into Bishop's mouth here. It is character assassination 100 percent in my eyes. Even imagining Scarlet Witch of all people to use her power AGAINST a villain would be disgusting. But Broo and his Brood are allies who have fought already for Krakoa...

I am really questioning a lot in this issue. Not sure what the author wanted to achieve here?!?!?

I think it is time now that a group of X-Men WALKS AWAY or demand FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE for Krakoa! At this point the mutants come across as just cruel.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-12-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Ewwww to Cyclops being a xenophobe advocating for genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Brood aren't a civilization. They only kill and reproduce. They can't live without it, the best Broo could do was to only have them infect and kill other bad people. And he's failed at that.

Bishops ideas of how to do it however are uh fucking crazy?
    I dont see how that would even work. M-Day was a result of a magic spell that Wanda did amped up by the Life Force. A Wanda clone shouldnt be able to do that and a telepath definitely wouldnt be able to possess her to accomplish it

Everything was tied up way too fast for me in my opinion, Forge and M ending their mission to Nowhere with them essentially saying oh wow that was weird let's go back, Nightmare and Jean was wrapped up way too quickly and the brood just all leaving to Jupiter. The issue was fine but I seem to have expected a lot more from Duggan and this issue.

Also Jean using human basically as a curse word is very hilarious.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Is this the first mention of a War Council? It was my impression before that the Captain Commander was final say on these aspects and that there wasnt a vote. It kind of makes the CC's role superfluous and more of a vanity title if they are all given equal power/say. The fact that a vote can result in a deadlocked tie highlights the major flaw of this

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Everything was tied up way too fast for me in my opinion, Forge and M ending their mission to Nowhere with them essentially saying oh wow that was weird let's go back, Nightmare and Jean was wrapped up way too quickly and the brood just all leaving to Jupiter. The issue was fine but I seem to have expected a lot more from Duggan and this issue.

Also Jean using human basically as a curse word is very hilarious.
    That kind of rubbed me the wrong way for several reasons.

BANNED

What cuss-word is Illy supposed to be saying on that data page?

mmm. I only have three things to say.

1. Love me some Synch, that was a very powerful scene.

2. I'm glad forge got the endless time he needed to finally move on cause him and monet got chemistry. Caselli was playing them smiles up.

3. Whoever is printing this batch of "Cyclops is Right" t-shirts i'll take mine in a small please.

okay 4.

4. Broo is a bandaid. At the end of the day the basic instinct of the brood is to connect to a mother hive and then expand and take control of others and take their free will, the exact thing Broo does by forcibly denying all their instincts. This is like trying to save all the zombies because one might be able to talk to or take control of them. Well what happens when that zombie gets shot in the head. F)$)$ that.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2023 at 04:00 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That kind of rubbed me the wrong way for several reasons.
    I think that was done so that the argument wouldn't be obviously one-sided.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Jean the Bully, physically assaulting Cyclops to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    mmm. I only have three things to say.

1. Love me some Synch, that was a very powerful scene.

2. I'm glad forge got the endless time he needed to finally move on cause him and monet got chemistry. Caselli was playing them smiles up.

3. Whoever is printing this batch of "Cyclops is Right" t-shirts i'll take mine in a small please.
    The Synch scene really got me. The way he and and even Talon went down on their knees was heartbreaking and really showed what a horror show it was.

I'll take one of those t-shirts and I'll cut the sleeves off. The visor thing gave me pause because it felt kinda demeaning to do in front of the team. BUT I like that kind of complexity and it was an "oh snap" moment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Synch scene really got me. The way he and and even Talon went down on their knees was heartbreaking and really showed what a horror show it was.

I'll take one of those t-shirts and I'll cut the sleeves off. The visor thing gave me pause because it felt kinda demeaning to do in front of the team. BUT I like that kind of complexity and it was an "oh snap" moment.
    Yas! i was stunned. Like i know that's not how jean is but it felt like a very cuckcold moment to me. like i am denying you your gifts cause i can so you can look me in the eye. Well damn i thought the mind was the most intimate thing for a telepath. This was trying to show what Logan brings to the situation i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

So Duggan could have had everyone pretty much be on board with lethal force against the currently aggressive Brood. Broo would show he could exert control on a handful of them still. These non-hostile Brood would turn against the others. The team could be convinced those ones were worth saving. This could have strongly backed up by Jean and won by her argument. Then there is some action showing the heroic deed and the resolution.

Even if this is going somewhere there are better ways to add tension and strife then this.