Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Did they have the ability before? Until Hickman, the X-Men had been preoccupied with not being wiped out themselves for a couple of decades at least. Plus the concept of mutant circuits is pretty new, which, combined with the also new resurrection protocols, is how such a plan would go off.

Plus there is also the concept of nobody bothered to write them is such a fashion as to ask such hard questions before now. They were basically space zombies before - they grab you and you become one of them, seeking only to consume and spread the infection, with a few stories here and there going any deeper, most of which seem to be mostly forgotten by their next appearance.
    I agree it really has not been a discussion because writers had not gotten to the levels of nonsense with mutant powers. Circuits are just a buzzword and nothing new.

That said, it has come up before. In Broo's origin story in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    What I find bizarre is that Jean is practically begging Nightmare to keep arching her. Maybe if she stopped yapping at him, he’d forget her. But she had to slap his face and now that he’s slapped her back, she’s keeping up the big talk, begging him to become her nemesis.
    Jean is not begging Nightmare to attack her, she is warning him to back down.

I'm glad Jean slapped both Nightmare and his horse. Yes, he slapped her now, but she punched him in the face. You go Jean!

Only a fearful person without power cowers and backs down from someone, hoping they go away. Jean is courageous, heroic and powerful. Jean Grey does not cower nor back down.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You kill the bugs
    Thank you!!!! Like wtf! I don't even kill gnats and mosquitos like dead serious unless one is attacking my plant then its like this all natural spray, if it hurts you it's on you cause your attacking a plant life. But we suppose to be all omg, one of them is controlling the others. Well ants are controlled by one mind too and if they were the size of brood i don't think they would be checking for me. Like this is the finest example of doing too much when you admit or don't admit to the genocide of another species that someone else did in your form but you have to live with for some reason. It's like the twilight zone for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean is not begging Nightmare to attack her, she is warning him to back down.

I'm glad Jean slapped both Nightmare and his horse. Yes, he slapped her now, but she punched him in the face. You go Jean!

Only a fearful person without power cowers and backs down from someone, hoping they go away. Jean is courageous, heroic and powerful. Jean Grey does not cower nor back down.
    Everything she said was supervillain catnip. He’s guaranteed to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Everything she said was supervillain catnip. He’s guaranteed to be back.
    Oh, I know what you mean. Nightmare is eating it up. He will bide his time and return when least expected.

Seems the writers want him to be a new Jean foe. I am sure Nightmare will be back (unless a new writer decides not to use him).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

So lets talk about that data page because they are several point here worth discussing.

• I remember some posters on this board feeling like mutants in the Krakoa era have gotten quite arrogant and act like the own everything. Well this is certainly another point of evidence for it. Genocide? OK. Creating a clone of an ally? Fine. Misusing power of said ally? No problem as long as we profit from it.
    • The plan cannot work like that because magic doesn't work that way. Without skill, experience and knowledge you won't get anything done. Now you can argue that Bishop doesn't know about that but that only makes it more obvious how hilariously insane his plan is. He is planning universal genocide by using forces he has no idea about. You know should have an idea about it? Magik who is actually part of the conversation but as usual she doesn't actually contribute anything meaningful here. Instead she just makes snide remarks. It really saddens my soul how Magik keeps getting used in these kind of moments. It's criminal.
    • OK so lets ignore of all that and say they would have been successful with it. Then what? Because like 5 minutes later Wanda, Strange and Clea will show up and they will ask what the hell they think they were doing. What's your course of action here? "All my homies hate the Brood" is a not an argument that any of them would accept. OK maybe Clea would but she would definitely disagree with anything else here.
    • I have nothing against Duggan as a writer but he really likes Deadpool and this data page basically shows why. Bishop is literally talking about the genocide an entire species by using abhorrent means and the only responses he gets is "How Sinister of you" or " Did Beast write this? Or Dark Beast". Like who the fuck are these people? This is not a natural conversation at all. This is just blatant meta commentary from the writer himself.
    • Bishop just took a huge L here in this issue. Yes, he already caused genocide in his attempts at killing Hope. That's part of his story. No point in denying it. But damn the way it is portrayed here means he actually didn't learn anything from his experiences. He is just jumping straight in again making up multiple scenarios at how to accomplish is goal. I have no idea what they are going for here.
    • This has the same problem that the similar villain Beast story has. Why is nobody confronting Bishop here about his though process instead of just making snide remarks about it?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    So lets talk about that data page because they are several point here worth discussing.

• I remember some posters on this board feeling like mutants in the Krakoa era have gotten quite arrogant and act like the own everything. Well this is certainly another point of evidence for it. Genocide? OK. Creating a clone of an ally? Fine. Misusing power of said ally? No problem as long as we profit from it.
    • The plan cannot work like that because magic doesn't work that way. Without skill, experience and knowledge you won't get anything done. Now you can argue that Bishop doesn't know about that but that only makes it more obvious how hilariously insane his plan is. He is planning universal genocide by using forces he has no idea about. You know should have an idea about it? Magik who is actually part of the conversation but as usual she doesn't actually contribute anything meaningful here. Instead she just makes snide remarks. It really saddens my soul how Magik keeps getting used in these kind of moments. It's criminal.
    • OK so lets ignore of all that and say they would have been successful with it. Then what? Because like 5 minutes later Wanda, Strange and Clea will show up and they will ask what the hell they think they were doing. What's your course of action here? "All my homies hate the Brood" is a not an argument that any of them would accept. OK maybe Clea would but she would definitely disagree with anything else here.
    • I have nothing against Duggan as a writer but he really likes Deadpool and this data page basically shows why. Bishop is literally talking about the genocide an entire species by using abhorrent means and the only responses he gets is "How Sinister of you" or " Did Beast write this? Or Dark Beast". Like who the fuck are these people? This is not a natural conversation at all. This is just blatant meta commentary from the writer himself.
    • Bishop just took a huge L here in this issue. Yes, he already caused genocide in his attempts at killing Hope. That's part of his story. No point in denying it. But damn the way it is portrayed here means he actually didn't learn anything from his experiences. He is just jumping straight in again making up multiple scenarios at how to accomplish is goal. I have no idea what they are going for here.
    • This has the same problem that the similar villain Beast story has. Why is nobody confronting Bishop here about his though process instead of just making snide remarks about it?
    There was no Krakoa in Bishop future. *shrugs* he's trying, bless his heart. lmao. Also like it or not it was a sound idea. i can't really clap down on a general presenting ideas. glad i'm just a civilian.

Please see omega level mutants are Krakoa's biggest resource as written by charles xavier. So i am sure if someone has goddess level powers as scarlet witch does, and if it can be mined, even if wrong it's still a resource to at least explore all the potential consequences or benefits of. I mean let's be real here.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2023 at 04:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

On the good side, apparently Cyclops found his balls he have misplaced since Krakoa era started.

On the bad side, he still have to find the competence he lost since he came back from the dead.

Scott using a modified Legacy virus to make the Skrulls run? That's the kind of cold, pragmatic, somewhat heartless strategic thinking I want to see coming from Cyclops.
    Losing his shit because his father, he can have brought back from the dead, almost died isn't the kind of stuff I want.

Anyway, hopefully after Fall of X Cylops will have his personality and brains back, or be dead and free from the lack of interest the current writers have on the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    On the good side, apparently Cyclops found his balls he have misplaced since Krakoa era started.

On the bad side, he still have to find the competence he lost since he came back from the dead.

Scott using a modified Legacy virus to make the Skrulls run? That's the kind of cold, pragmatic, somewhat heartless strategic thinking I want to see coming from Cyclops.
    Losing his shit because his father, he can have brought back from the dead, almost died isn't the kind of stuff I want.

Anyway, hopefully after Fall of X Cylops will have his personality and brains back, or be dead and free from the lack of interest the current writers have on the character.
    Even his response to the situation being "Don't make me fly into this star!" instead of leading the team through plans A to Z to handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yeah, he's gorgeous. This is what I wrote in Jean's thread right after posting this thread:

On a lighter, admittedly totally superficial note: Scott is gorgeous, especially when he's brooding (pun intended—har har!). Seriously, though, Jean is better than me, which is why I love her so much. I would've been like, "Okay, honey, whatever you say!"

I’m not gay, but…Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Jean’s a hypocrite using moral indignation to cover her own mistakes.
    She pissed off Nightmare. He did what he thinks is right by freeing the Brood from their thrall. They’re back to their normal selves. Wasn’t a priority to fix til it became personal for her. But she hasn’t been forthcoming with others her actions are the reason why the Brood are now on a rampage. And lots of death has resulted from her recent arrogance and recklessness. Cyclops is right. If they don’t end the brood now, they own all the death that follows. Jean’s just prolonging the inevitable to protect her own interests and inflated self esteem.

Scott remembers what his sister went through, ororo, when the brood was in her and he felt rejected by her winds as someone so full of life and love and forgiveness ran to end herself because of the abomination she felt growing inside her. Jean was too preoccupied, i'm sorry phoenix was for her to understand the true essence of what the brood is as she was in a cocoon but Scott is like not today my love.

that's my wank if one is needed but i don't think it is here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Gerry wants to know who was right:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...96506469879808

Go vote and make your voice heard.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Jean’s a hypocrite using moral indignation to cover her own mistakes.
    She pissed off Nightmare. He did what he thinks is right by freeing the Brood from their thrall. They’re back to their normal selves. Wasn’t a priority to fix til it became personal for her. But she hasn’t been forthcoming with others her actions are the reason why the Brood are now on a rampage. And lots of death has resulted from her recent arrogance and recklessness. Cyclops is right. If they don’t end the brood now, they own all the death that follows. Jean’s just prolonging the inevitable to protect her own interests and inflated self esteem.
    She even admitted he did not lie so she literally punished him for telling the truth and doing what he thought was right. BUT the POWER. Duggan giving them what they want but not what they want.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Gerry wants to know who was right:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...96506469879808

Go vote and make your voice heard.
    Cute. He know who was right. ^___^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.