Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the case of Carol and Rhodey, they've been dating-slash-sleeping together since Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel run. As for Binary as an independent entity outside Carol, she first appeared at the end of Last of the Marvels, an earlier arc in the current (and soon-concluding) Captain Marvel run by Kelly Thompson, an energy projection that gained her own consciousness and identity when Vox Supreme decided to go after Carol one more time by putting everyone who'd ever used the Marvel name in replicas of the black suit Vox Supreme forced her to wear in an even earlier story arc of Thompson's Captain Marvel called The Last Avenger.
    Thank You... I have that mini and now I have something to read over the weekend

Agree with everyone that this was a great issue! Hated seeing Binary go, but it was a very powerful moment for her and Captain Marvel as well. Also, loved seeing a smart and competent Gambit, and a playful and smart Rogue this issue. I liked both of their big moments. Why in the world is the X-Office so against them being portrayed this way!?

Anyway, I am really going to miss Thompson if she really is mostly done at Marvel after this series ends! She has never written an issue that I have not enjoyed so far while there.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Damn, this summary brought into perspective for me just how much new continuity Carol gained over this run and how complex/intertwined it is already is becoming. The beauty of a well done and long run.

So this issue somehow caught me off guard with its intensity after some of the other ... shall I say fluffier? ,,, books I have taken in recently. Here the stakes got very real, very fast in the beat of ways.

I can't begin to express my gratitude for the moment Gambit got here, showing his cleverness and heroism and ability to think independently while still operating within a team. Please give me this Gambit any day, any time over one who ties some random woman to an exploding stove. Nuff said!

I loved seeing Rogue's humor and sass again ... my God, have I been missing that! Also, of course Kelly remembers that Rogue has mechanical skills. Be still my heart! And that gorgeous mane on her!

But I am truly unable to think of any character on the team who hasn't had important moments or important contributions in this arc and nobody has been jobbed simply to make another character look better.

And man, this issue is an emotional rollercoaster!

The joy of Gambit reviving Binary, the two gasp moments when Psylocke is run through and Binary is killed, Carol's psychedelic mind-$@#& journey which was artistically impressive, Rogue and Hazmat coming in like the cheeky calvary gave me a laugh, the very painful realization that Binary really may not be coming back and then the pick up for the boss fight battle coming up next!

I really had been getting so attached to Binary and we still don't really understand she and Carol's relationship. So many questions!

Again, this is major new canon for Carol fans. I confess, Carol has never been a favorite of mine, but honestly it's just very hard not to like her in this series!

And I want this team-up as the new Uncanny Avengers team so bad I can practically taste it! This team really just feels right together and I want more of them!
    Yeah, this would definitely be a great Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Thank You... I have that mini and now I have something to read over the weekend
    You're very welcome. Glad I could help out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm REALLY gonna miss KT when she leaves marvel. She has done a splendid job with these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Couldn't post this image due to 3 image limit. So here it comes, the last page of the issue with the cliffhanger.

D@MN!

I LIKED Binary (II), and was really hoping to learn more about her.

Maybe she'll get a second chance, per the X-Men resurrection protocols?

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    D@MN!

I LIKED Binary (II), and was really hoping to learn more about her.

Maybe she'll get a second chance, per the X-Men resurrection protocols?
    She would have to register as a mutant or cerebro won’t take any notice
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, Carol...Kill the Brood Queen and all her subjects. Wipe then utterly from that sector of the cosmos!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She would have to register as a mutant or cerebro won’t take any notice
    Same way Captain America didn't in A.X.E.?

Xavier was able to back him up in real time manually as cerebro isn't set to back up humans. It doesn't have the bandwidth for 7 billion+ minds backed up regularly. They would have had to have a cerebro unit with them to back up Binary before she died.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Xavier was able to back him up in real time manually as cerebro isn't set to back up humans. It doesn't have the bandwidth for 7 billion+ minds backed up regularly. They would have had to have a cerebro unit with them to back up Binary before she died.
    I see your point, I haven't been able to actually read all the comics I would have read since last August, due to being in the hospital. However, there should still be some way to save her, assuming it's not another "fake-out", like Rogue's "death" turned out to be ...

This has been said before but Thompson is writing better X-Men teamwork than the majority of the X-Books. I'm glad Captain Marvel has had such a solid team behind her for this run, because it shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I see your point, I haven't been able to actually read all the comics I would have read since last August, due to being in the hospital. However, there should still be some way to save her, assuming it's not another "fake-out", like Rogue's "death" turned out to be ...
    'Ya know if the only existing Omega-Superior mutant (Ororo) could host all of Eternity, the personification of existence in her mind without batting an eyelash --

-- one could easily believe that Charles and or Jean could backup and compartmentalize any one mind in a pinch indefinitely and restore said mind into a Phantastic Five, cloned, body if they needed to without Cerebro/Cerebra.