Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Sucks for people who were into the book.
    It does, and this has sadly happened quite a lot with the Black Label books (currently my favourite part of DC).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

At least Hitch gave an explanation:
    Since it's come up a few times, yes Superman-Luthor is 'delayed' but it's been a long road of delays for all of us. Here's the story. When Waid and I first started this, he was still Boom exec and I was also mulling some other longer form jobs. Issue one got written but.... there was going to be a long beat until Mark could get to issue two. Then there were other, scheduled series, monthlies Mark needed to prioritise and, after pencilling issue one, I took on Venom which ran for 16 issues and Ultimate Invasion (150 pages). So, I came back to Superman with issue three written earlier this year after UI finished in Late July. Had a nice summer and dug in again this month, just wrapping issue two. So issue one came out a few months ago, right? I was certainly surprised it was solicited, let alone published as, then, Kevin was maybe 4 pages into a 48 page issue 2 and I hadn't done more than about 20 pages of it myself and couldn't for months still. I suspect, it came out because it had to fall into some financial quarter/year or period but for our part on the drawing end, it just makes us look a bit lagging behind when it's really nobody's fault. It's been a very delayed project for Mark, me and Kev for loads of reasons. I'll be done with the full series in early November or so, Kevin, quite a bit after that. Nobody is rushing anything here; it will be done when it's done and likely publish din full early next year. We all LOVE this book and have loved making it. Mark and I had talked about it for years now so getting to do it all has been just brilliant. We've been really gratified by the response to (as far as we're concerned) a very premature release of issue 1 so thank you all for that. I really appreciate it never looks good when books are delayed but the delays here look worse because issue one came out too soon really, from our p.o.v. It's been sitting with me since early 2021 and I'm glad I'm getting to finish it the way we want to. Mark's script is one of those perfect superman stories I think will be appreciated for decades to come. Kevin is putting so much into the inks and I finally got to draw a proper Superman story. Hang in there with us. It is getting done.
    https://x.com/thebryanhitch/status/1...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Huh. Not sure I’ve ever heard of a book coming out too early as part of the blame.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I really appreciate answers like this. It gives us reasonable expectations going forward.

I'd always rather a book comes out well and as expected rather than switching artists and inkers every few pages.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Must be tough as a penciller because often people just generally assume it's their fault.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Huh. Not sure I’ve ever heard of a book coming out too early as part of the blame.
    My theory is that lots of the books released this year came out too early and thats why we had 2 months filler event to give creative teams some time to adjust.

Not sure if this will have a further impact on the release dates of The Last Days of Lex Luthor or if this is relevant to the subject of the thread. But given the news at NYCC that Bryan Hitch is founding a new comic company called Ghost Machine alongside Geoff Johns, Peter Tomasi, Francis Manapul, Gary Frank, Jason Fabok, Brad Meltzer amongst other creators, will this have an impact on the release schedule of this mini?

Source for anyone interested: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/12/b...publisher.html

Nah it says they’ll honor their preexisting agreements and then they’ll be exclusive. Hitch will finish this book and then he’ll be working exclusively for Johns going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It sounds like a group venture. Good for them
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

If there's something to be positive for, it is noted that Hitch's best work in his career generally comes after delays.

If he's given a lot of time to touch up his art it can look really spectacular.

I am laughing on the inside that I usually trade wait but decided to pick this one up and had forgotten how damn frustrated these delays can be. Lol.

Issue #2 currently listed on Amazon for 20th August. I wonder if there should have been a creative change but I guess DC are happy to just wait it out.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I have not realized how long its been since issue 1 came out.

Man that is a painful wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I have not realized how long its been since issue 1 came out.

Man that is a painful wait.
    The first issue was SO good! I'm dying to read the rest.