Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I can only see that being a point if the plot twist is that this is another scheme from Lex.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Part of my whole thing with Lex in this is that the recent Space Age Lex is a very hard act to follow. I’m afraid it’ll just pale in comparison. Different circumstances but that depiction was an all-timer for me.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Part of my whole thing with Lex in this is that the recent Space Age Lex is a very hard act to follow. I’m afraid it’ll just pale in comparison. Different circumstances but that depiction was an all-timer for me.
    Loved Russell’s Lex too. For me it just comes down to skepticism over whether there’s anything really left to do with the Lex/Superman feud at this point. I’d only really want another Lex story if it’s him being let loose off the chain, and showing everyone why he’s such a terrifying supervillain. Unleashing all kinds of mad scientist horrors in an effort to both kill Superman and kill as many people as he can out of spite, something like Scott Snyder’s Endgame story with Joker. If anyone does have any major ideas left for what to do with Lex, Waid would but I’d rather get a Brainiac story from him since Brainiac needs more stories, and Waid apparently really wants to do one with him at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved Russell’s Lex too. For me it just comes down to skepticism over whether there’s anything really left to do with the Lex/Superman feud at this point. I’d only really want another Lex story if it’s him being let loose off the chain, and showing everyone why he’s such a terrifying supervillain. Unleashing all kinds of mad scientist horrors in an effort to both kill Superman and kill as many people as he can out of spite, something like Scott Snyder’s Endgame story with Joker. If anyone does have any major ideas left for what to do with Lex, Waid would but I’d rather get a Brainiac story from him since Brainiac needs more stories, and Waid apparently really wants to do one with him at some point.
    I suppose the idea of Superman setting out to save Lex's life in the face of public opposition is a new concept for a Superman/Lex story...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I suppose the idea of Superman setting out to save Lex's life in the face of public opposition is a new concept for a Superman/Lex story...
    I swear I’ve read a story like that before, but maybe it’s one of those “how come nobody has ever done this obvious plotline?” deals. Still want to see Waid write the other Superman Rogues, it’s surprising how little interest he seems to have in the rest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Normally that’s probably how Waid would play it I’m sure, but since this has Lex and Superman as co-leads I could see a case for Waid clueing in Lex. If this is actually meant to be the kickoff for Waid’s personal pocket universe Superman then Lex won’t figure it out I’m sure. Too divergent from the “classic” status quo Waid thinks is best for the character.
    I could see there be an insinuation that Lex knows but I don't see it being relevant on Lex's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see there be an insinuation that Lex knows but I don't see it being relevant on Lex's side.
    Hmmm y’know given Waid is a Maggin acolyte, the major way I could see it being relevant is if Lex finally accepting that Clark is Superman is what finally causes Lex to reform.

Hmmm y’know given Waid is a Maggin acolyte, the major way I could see it being relevant is if Lex finally accepting that Clark is Superman is what finally causes Lex to reform.
    If ever there were an endgame for Lex, that would be close it along with the ending of All Star.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Wow, just belatedly learned of this book now. I'm totally in and super excited for it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Hmm....might this be Luthor's ultimate scheme? He knows Superman's ultimate weakness is his compassion for everyone, including his archenemy. I hope this doesn't end the way things did in Superman #149...

Superman- A Celebration of 75 Years-129.jpg

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

So, let me guess? Lex Luthor is going to kill Superman Kara will come forward as Supergirl, and the council on Kandor will send Luthor to the Phantom Zone?

Variant cover for issue 1 by Samnee:

Surprises me that Waid hasn’t tried to recruit Samnee to do something at DC with him yet.

Waid writing the mariage in his own Superman timeline?
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Variant cover for issue 1 by Samnee:

Surprises me that Waid hasn’t tried to recruit Samnee to do something at DC with him yet.
    Isn't fire power just on hiatus?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Waid writing the mariage in his own Superman timeline?
    Not likely, it’s just a variant showing “classic” Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Isn't fire power just on hiatus?
    Wouldn’t be the first Image series to go on hiatus and never return.