Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There is a question on how much of an impact these CW shows had in general. Something like Smallville was popular when it was going, but now I don't feel like anyone really talks about it anymore. For comparison DCAU also ended, but people still talk about it a lot.
    No idea about CW shows or Smallville. The DCAU has had the biggest impact to the point where the movies has copied the Justice League intro.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I am excited. Superman comics could always use a memorable or acclaimed Lex story and Waid is capable of that. We'll see.

I'm not so keen on "Prestige Plus," but I won't let stop me from giving this a shot.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-09-2023 at 12:26 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

What does Prestige Plus even mean?

I think it's either about paper quality and/or the dimensions of the book.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Ad shows that Waid is keeping the Clark/Lex Birthright relationship intact, and that Lex lost his hair in a fire at a young age like Birthright too. I think my theory that this is a “spiritual” sequel because Ma and Pa are dead unlike Birthright where they were alive has a good chance at being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    I believe this is correct.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can I just say I *hate* the 'Lex is from smallville too!' bit.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think my theory that this is a “spiritual” sequel because Ma and Pa are dead unlike Birthright where they were alive has a good chance at being true.
    Hope so.

#RestorePreCrisisSuperman

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am excited. Superman comics could always use a memorable or acclaimed Lex story and Waid is capable of that. We'll see.

I'm not so keen on "Prestige Plus," but I won't let stop me from giving this a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Ad shows that Waid is keeping the Clark/Lex Birthright relationship intact, and that Lex lost his hair in a fire at a young age like Birthright too. I think my theory that this is a “spiritual” sequel because Ma and Pa are dead unlike Birthright where they were alive has a good chance at being true.

I believe this is correct.
    I'm not necessarily a huge fan of prestige format either, and I'd prob prefer the normal size if I had to pick, but it does allow for the art to really stand out. WW Historia and Swamp Thing Green Hell really benefited from the oversize format from an art perspective. I'm thinking Hitch will rock this thing art-wise.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

I wonder which version of the Legion, Waid will choose and write? And which members do you want to appear in the issue?

SUPERMAN: THE LAST DAYS OF LEX LUTHOR #2

Written by MARK WAID

Art and cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Variant cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
    1:25 variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    $6.99 US | 48 pages | 2 of 3 | Prestige Plus | 8 1/2″ x 10 7/8″
    (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 9/26/23

Superman continues his mission to find a cure for what’s killing Lex Luthor. When the present has no answers, maybe the future will! But will the Legion of Super-Heroes help Clark find a cure for a man like Luthor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I wonder which version of the Legion, Waid will choose and write? And which members do you want to appear in the issue?
    Either his own Legion or a Silver Age inspired Legion.

After seeing Hitch draw one story featuring a genius psychotic with a god complex by Hickman, I hope a Waid is bringing his A game. His Lex needs to match up with Hickman’s Maker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Rumor is that Waid will be writing the Retroboot.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So does this take place in the Birthright universe? Or whatever you want to call it?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So does this take place in the Birthright universe? Or whatever you want to call it?
    It’s a spiritual sequel per Waid which in practical terms means he’s likely going to keep the bulk of Birthright canon but throw out the compromises he had made with what he knows people like, such as the Kents being alive. TLDOLL is going to be Waid writing Superman the way he wants Superman to be I reckon.

Incredible Member

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Most hyped comic in a long time. Superman and Waid pretty equals another classic in the making. Few people can write Superman like him. I honestly lost almost all interest in current continuity so I'm more interested in these kind of continuity-less tales.