Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a spiritual sequel per Waid which in practical terms means he’s likely going to keep the bulk of Birthright canon but throw out the compromises he had made with what he knows people like, such as the Kents being alive. TLDOLL is going to be Waid writing Superman the way he wants Superman to be I reckon.
    Tbh, the Kents can not even be shown nor be mentioned in the story at all. It wouldn't make a difference. He's probably writing Lois as not knowing the secret identity though.

Honestly I'm fine with Waid writing it the way he wants it, this stuff is irrelevant to me and doesn't make or break a good story. I'm down for a return to a more classic Superman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So does this take place in the Birthright universe? Or whatever you want to call it?
    DC continuity is whatever you make it at this point. Writers can pick and choose what they like. And I'm fine with it because it's broken beyond repair. Hypertime, ain't gonna explain s*#t.

Besides, the Black Label books were always set in a loose continuity or directly outside of them. I wish people stopped worrying about continuity already and just enjoy the stories. We live in a post-continuity era. I think DC primary characters like Batman and Superman work better more like fairy tales and with a less strict continuity anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Tbh, the Kents can not even be shown nor be mentioned in the story at all. It wouldn't make a difference. He's probably writing Lois as not knowing the secret identity though.

Honestly I'm fine with Waid writing it the way he wants it, this stuff is irrelevant to me and doesn't make or break a good story. I'm down for a return to a more classic Superman.
    Given the cosmic nature of the story Waid could easily just not mention them, but if he does establish their status then I expect they’ll be dead. At this stage of his career I want Waid to write Superman in his preferred status quo over making allowances to what others might want. He’s approaching the end of his career, might as well go out on a limb.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Is he approaching the end of his career? I mean there's no age limit. Look at Dorn just casually dropping in at 70
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Is he approaching the end of his career? I mean there's no age limit. Look at Dorn just casually dropping in at 70
    Don’t mean to be morbid but you never know when your time will come. Maybe Waid lives and works until his 90s like Ramona Fradon, but he is old, and comics is not an industry that is conductive for your health. If I were him I wouldn’t assume I’ll be around for decades more, I’d be treating this as my last chance and writing accordingly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He probably wouldn't be writing this if Didio was still around. Lee looks like he is willing to work with everyone, but his approach might change at some point. Or new guy might replace Lee and have his own ideas about what DC should or shouldn't publish. So yeah, Waid should go all out here.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He probably wouldn't be writing this if Didio was still around. Lee looks like he is willing to work with everyone, but his approach might change at some point. Or new guy might replace Lee and have his own ideas about what DC should or shouldn't publish. So yeah, Waid should go all out here.
    Didio actually rejected this pitch , DC immediately greenlit it once Didio got fired.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Didio had this thing where he wanted to kill the concept of Elseworlds. Something about how the best story ideas should be canon. Even if they don't work in canon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Didio had this thing where he wanted to kill the concept of Elseworlds. Something about how the best story ideas should be canon. Even if they don't work in canon.
    Is that why he pushed All Stars and Earth-One?

Shaner variant:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Headless Superman. DCEU homage.

Shaner variant:

Gorgeous variant .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Shaner variant:

Distressed Lex and an outstretched hand. Pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Shaner variant:

That is some great symbolism between the 2

Just realized we’re getting the first issue of this + Hickman & Hitch’s second issue of Ultimate Invasion next week. Man Waid better have been on his A game, because Hickman is the master of writing sociopath evil geniuses who are manipulating everyone to get what they want.