Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Unexplained questions you have about favorite tv shows

Even great writers of some of the best tv shows still sometimes fail to explain certain aspects of characters or other things. What are your burning unexplained questions about some of your favorite tv shows?

Mine: The Golden Girls

-throughout the series, it was consistent that Dorothy and Stan got married as teens because Stan had knocked her up.
    -they were married for 38 years before Stan left Dorothy for a much younger woman
    -the only kids they talked about were daughter Kate and son Michael
    -both Kate and Michael appeared on GG numerous times and were both CLEARLY in their 20s
    -so what happened to their 40-something year old child they supposedly had????

Well "numerous times" I know the daughter only appeared twice (both times played by a different actress) and Michael at least 3 times. Michael is meant to be the child Dorothy and Stan had while high school seniors, its just the writers, as usual, weren't consistent. That was actually the norm for GG its just the show is so good who cares if they flub details and timelines to get to a good story.

As for the thread itself, I did wonder if the Bundys were so poor how could they afford that huge house.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Was Jeannie a member of the Q Continuum?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yeah. She and Samantha Stevens were good friends.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Which one? The blonde Jeannie that we loved or her evil brunette sister ALSO named Jeannie - which made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well "numerous times" I know the daughter only appeared twice (both times played by a different actress) and Michael at least 3 times. Michael is meant to be the child Dorothy and Stan had while high school seniors, its just the writers, as usual, weren't consistent. That was actually the norm for GG its just the show is so good who cares if they flub details and timelines to get to a good story.

As for the thread itself, I did wonder if the Bundys were so poor how could they afford that huge house.
    I've seen theories that it was Al's parents' home and they inherited it. Also, Steve once said to Al when complaining to Al over the library book fiasco "Aren't my property values low enough?".

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    In the 80's it wasn't that far fetched that a really shitty full time job could still allow you to afford a decent enough house, but if you were poor then you wouldn't have enough leftover to live off of, hence them having poor food choices, shitty car, minimal amenities, etc. It does, however, call into question the decision making that went into Al purchasing that house, because you would think they'd be forced into settling for a smaller one story house so they had enough money left over every month for food, utilities, etc.

Spectacular Member

What happened to Chuck on Happy Days?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    What happened to Chuck on Happy Days?
    That is a great question. He disappeared after season two.

They had a great opportunity to re-introduce him in season 8 after Richie left but instead brought on a nephew we had never heard of before. Made no sense.

Astonishing Member

On all the vampire, supernatural shows - how come vamps, etc. aren't public knowledge? It's not like modern society doesn't spread info like wild fire and there would be major governmental efforts to stamp them out. No, you have to have one teenager fight them or they have a school for them, it's hillbillies trucks fighting the monsters in etc.

Speaking of vampires, why don't those who fight them just use water pistols with holy water? It's not like it's some rare material that they can't get a hold of. At the worst, take it from a church, but usually there is some priest who is in the know, so assuming that stuff works in said universe, it should be a no-brainer.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

On Friends, why is Monica's apartment 10 TIMES bigger than any other apartment shown in the building?

Mr. Heckles - right above them - has a smaller apartment. Joey and Chandler have a much smaller apartment as does several others who are shown in one or two episodes.

It was explained why the apartment was affordable, but not why it was so much bigger.

Astonishing Member

This has been said a zillion times - characters in NYC don't lock their doors. Yeah, good plan.

Were the Ewings Jewish? Because I never saw a Christmas Tree at Southfork.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Were the Ewings Jewish? Because I never saw a Christmas Tree at Southfork.
    Maybe it's a condition in J.R.'s pact with old Scratch.