Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Though what do you consider as a small town, Sunnydale is likely more than 10 times larger than my hometown...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though what do you consider as a small town, Sunnydale is likely more than 10 times larger than my hometown...
    Sunnydale was a riot. All through the show, we learn that it had a beach, and that tunnels under the high school led all the way to the ocean, it had a large forested area / park with rocky areas that included caves, it had an airport, it had docks that large container ships arrived at, it had a public high school and a prep school 'across town,' it had at least one college, 'a big honking castle,' etc. And, in the final episode, it collapsed into a crater (in the middle of the desert???) that seemed to be about a half-mile across!

Ultimate Member

My hometown is about 1 mile wide from north to south so Sunnydqle has to be insanely bigger, like over 100k people at least
    ..and my hometown only has like 1800 people in it...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That is so true and probably the biggest absurdity of the "Interview with the Vampire" and Vampire the Masquerade type of thing. You've got enough vampires in major cities to have an entire society and each of them needs to drink about an entire human body's worth of blood at least every other night. With that many deaths or willing "donors", no way is this staying a secret.
    At least in Vampire the Masquerade the official Guidline in the TTRPG was 1 Vampire per 100000 Humans, and unless you do something that uses a lot of blood (usually meaning combat) you need it is more like an entire human body's worth of blood per week.

And by the rules you can get by with a couple of willing donors decently without killing them (unless you get into a lot of fights...).

On Married...With Children if the Bundy's were such slobs why was their house so clean? None of them cared at all about even occasionally sweeping, mopping, picking up trash, dusting, etc but their house was spotless. It should've been a dust and dirt infested pigsty but because, I'm guessing the producers didn't think viewers would want to look at a dirty house, their home was oddly uncharacteristically clean.

Is st elsewhere all in the little boys head or did the whole world take place inside the kids snowglobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Is st elsewhere all in the little boys head or did the whole world take place inside the kids snowglobe?
    The Hospital drama was supposed to have taken place in Tommy Westphall's head. But St. Elsewhere crossed over with other shows, which crossed over with others, and those still others. Conceivably hundreds of shows took place in Tommy Westphall's head.

https://thetommywestphall.wordpress....e-master-list/
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Hospital drama was supposed to have taken place in Tommy Westphall's head. But St. Elsewhere crossed over with other shows, which crossed over with others, and those still others. Conceivably hundreds of shows took place in Tommy Westphall's head.

https://thetommywestphall.wordpress....e-master-list/
    This thesis is founded on the idea that nobody ever dreams about things that are also in their real life

Extraordinary Member

On Mary Tyler Moore, where was Rhoda's bathroom? She lived in that teeny tiny one-room apartment in the attic of the house. There was no bathroom up there.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    On Mary Tyler Moore, where was Rhoda's bathroom? She lived in that teeny tiny one-room apartment in the attic of the house. There was no bathroom up there.
    She pooped out the window, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

It wasn't quite explained what became of Heath in "Walking Dead", although according to the producers he was taken by CRM. Maybe the Rick/Michonne spinoff will answer that.

Also the Vatos gang from season one, although they were taking care of the old and sick and it wasn't known yet that anybody who dies except from the head being destroyed will become a walker so I think it's also confirmed by producers that they died that way.

Think there were also a few other small communities that kind of had unresolved endings too here and there in the two shows.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What was the Pigs in a Blanket inside joke between Mike and Carol on Growing Pains about? It was mentioned on more than episode.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah, it's all relative. I always get the feeling that the television definition of a small town is "smaller than New York City or Los Angeles" which is where most of the writers grew up.

Sunnydale? Overpass? Check. Huge bar-like hangout for high school kids? Check. Significant downtown area? Check. Results: Not a small town by my standards but by the standards of somebody who grew up in NYC.

Mayberry is more along the lines of my definition of a small town and the size of where I grew up. Then again, most fictional towns are not consistent. They may officially have a population of a few thousand at most but, at times, seem the size of Indianapolis (which I have heard referred to as "small" by someone from NYC).
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Why do viewers rag on Mike Brady for designing a house where 6 kids share one bathroom?

He originally lived there with his deceased wife and his three sons before Carol and the girls moved in. The house was designed for that size family. Three boys sharing a bathroom isn't that bad. Once the girls moved in, Greg had to share his room with Peter and Bobby - and all 6 kids then had to share the bathroom.

The family should've moved to a bigger house when Mike and Carol married.