Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Were the Ewings Jewish? Because I never saw a Christmas Tree at Southfork.
    Except for the first season, they never even showed winter. They were lounging by the pool all year long. I guarantee you that people who actually live in Dallas are NOT lounging around the pool from November through March.

Spectacular Member

Is Bionic technology known to the general public in the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman? It seems throughout the series it’s supposed to be a government secret but superhuman feats are performed regularly in public and no one seems bothered by watching a guy run at 60 MPH

Also how does Steve Austin run at that speed without having his heart stop? Or tear all the muscles in his back when he lifts something heavy? Is he more cyborg than the show suggests?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Speaking of vampires, why don't those who fight them just use water pistols with holy water? It's not like it's some rare material that they can't get a hold of. At the worst, take it from a church, but usually there is some priest who is in the know, so assuming that stuff works in said universe, it should be a no-brainer.
    It's been used more than a few times, Lost Boys, Tales From the Crypt: Bordello of Blood and Dusk Till Dawn which also had holy water hand grenades made of condoms full of holy water.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Is Bionic technology known to the general public in the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman? It seems throughout the series it’s supposed to be a government secret but superhuman feats are performed regularly in public and no one seems bothered by watching a guy run at 60 MPH

Also how does Steve Austin run at that speed without having his heart stop? Or tear all the muscles in his back when he lifts something heavy? Is he more cyborg than the show suggests?
    I seem to recall that the show was based on a novel called "Cyborg" written by Caidon(???) in the early 70s. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I seem to recall that the show was based on a novel called "Cyborg" written by Caidon(???) in the early 70s. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.
    It was. Martin Caidin actually wrote three novels on the concept. The novels mentioned there was reinforcement along Austin's spine to prevent damage from superhuman feats. His bionic eye in the novels was originally just a camera.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is knox landing non canon since it continued to take the dream seasons of Dallas into account?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is knox landing non canon since it continued to take the dream seasons of Dallas into account?
    Other than the boy's name remaining Bobby, did KL ever address anything else with Dallas' Bobby still being alive?

Astonishing Member

On the Law and Order shows, the main detective characters always lead the SWAT team into an incident. That doesn't happen. The SWAT folks go first. Also, the detectives violate firearms usage rules all the time. The most ridiculous was when Olivia loaded her Glock with rubber bullets so she wouldn't hurt a guy trying to set his Ex on fire. Ellot on SVU couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Were the Ewings Jewish? Because I never saw a Christmas Tree at Southfork.
    No Christmas tree, but plenty of booze. Well, I guess SOMETHING (or someone) was always lit, even if it wasn't a Christmas tree.

J.R.: "Can I buy you a drink, Daddy?" (those drinks the Ewings would have right before they would go into the dining room to eat dinner.)
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    No Christmas tree, but plenty of booze. Well, I guess SOMETHING (or someone) was always lit, even if it wasn't a Christmas tree.

J.R.: "Can I buy you a drink, Daddy?" (those drinks the Ewings would have right before they would go into the dining room to eat dinner.)
    Sue Ellen and Gary were both alcoholics but that didn't stop the rest of them drinking like a sailor all day and all night.

Other than the boy's name remaining Bobby, did KL ever address anything else with Dallas' Bobby still being alive?
    Not on the Knots Landing side, I don't think, but both Valene and Gary appeared in a few episodes of the Dallas reboot, which obviously Bobby was a part of. I think this was after J.R. was killed.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    On all the vampire, supernatural shows - how come vamps, etc. aren't public knowledge? It's not like modern society doesn't spread info like wild fire and there would be major governmental efforts to stamp them out. No, you have to have one teenager fight them or they have a school for them, it's hillbillies trucks fighting the monsters in etc.
    That was something I really liked about the 'Blade' movies. They explained how the vampires had a lot of power and influence and used this to cover up their actions. 'John Carpenter's Vampires' explained it by saying that the vampires kept their numbers low and lived in out of the way places, well away from major population centres.

Heck, as much as I dislike 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' I like that it had the vampires disintegrate upon death. The lack of physical evidence would make it at least slightly more justifiable that their existence was unknown to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training
    Speaking of vampires, why don't those who fight them just use water pistols with holy water? It's not like it's some rare material that they can't get a hold of. At the worst, take it from a church, but usually there is some priest who is in the know, so assuming that stuff works in said universe, it should be a no-brainer.
    Agreed.

Sue Ellen and Gary were both alcoholics but that didn't stop the rest of them drinking like a sailor all day and all night.
    Was Larry still an Alcoholic at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    On all the vampire, supernatural shows - how come vamps, etc. aren't public knowledge? It's not like modern society doesn't spread info like wild fire and there would be major governmental efforts to stamp them out. No, you have to have one teenager fight them or they have a school for them, it's hillbillies trucks fighting the monsters in etc.
    That is so true and probably the biggest absurdity of the "Interview with the Vampire" and Vampire the Masquerade type of thing. You've got enough vampires in major cities to have an entire society and each of them needs to drink about an entire human body's worth of blood at least every other night. With that many deaths or willing "donors", no way is this staying a secret.

I liked "Buffy" but even with the supposed human ability to dismiss things they don't want to believe, again, an entire society of vampires and, in this case, in a small town.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Was Larry still an Alcoholic at that time?
    Yes, he didn't quit drinking until the original series ended. It was only a few years later though that he stopped because by the 1st reunion movie he was off the sauce thanks to his liver transplant.