Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Looks like I won’t be seeing the outcome of this arc beyond internet posts. Found out marvel is no longer selling individual issues online after may 2nd through their app.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I don't know what politics has to do with anything we are talking about here, so if you could keep that to yourself rather than polluting the thread that would be appreciated. I already had to deal with the Ben Reilly thread being turned into a political soap box. But algorithms are designed to push negative and controversial content to get engagements. This run is no different. The last page spoilers here are getting covered everywhere across the internet. It's going to drive speculation sales. It's going to drive sales of people checking out the storage just to see how it is. And of course there are going to be people who just think this is a compelling and interesting story that's well written and drawn which I vehemently disagree on course but taste is subjective.

Creating a compelling and interesting story is difficult and not something anyone could do. But anyone could walk in off the street and say "I'm giving MJ kids" and turn in this garbage.
    Someone off the street would probably be at least humble enough not to make the big bad guy of their run a villain they created a decade+ ago that no one in the world gave a **** about. Like Joe Schmoe who’s never written a thing would at least make Green Goblin or Doc Ock the perpetrator of such a “big event” like this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No clear answers about the last 2 yet. Guess the answers will start coming on next issue.

As for "What did Peter do?", I believe it would be more appropiated to say "What did MJ do?". I mean, the whole mess came from MJ going against Peter's orders and sending him back home instead of her doing as she was told.
    It might be a bit much but can someone summarize? What happened with MJ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What a horribly insensitive thing to say.
    Only if your a eunuch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    This.

If you don’t like this run:

Stop talking about it. I mean, don’t buy, but also don’t talk.

It’s fun to complain - I’m the number one whiner and first to spew complaints - but the only way this run will truly die is if people stop talking about it. It’s human nature to be drawn to train wrecks, we all want to see how bad it is for ourselves. And for every “this issue is awful” comment, someone else could see the comment and think, “hey, that’s doesn’t sound too bad, I’m going to pick it up.”

So…just don’t talk about it. Text your friends, join a private Discord, send DMs, find some other non-public way to talk if you need to discuss just how truly asinine and what a stain on storytelling this run is. Definitely tell your LCS owner that you are dropping ASM and here’s why, in case they have a Marvel sales rep they can provide feedback to.

But the more people talk in public, the more articles will be written, the more attention the run will get. There’s no such thing as bad PR, after all.

That’s my lips have been mostly zipped lately. Dark and silent is where things go to die. More than happy to contribute to the silence and not shine a light on this run.
    I'm doing the same. I'm done publicly talking about this run. I hope others join me. If not, oh well. I did my part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    It might be a bit much but can someone summarize? What happened with MJ?
    She and Paul had kids. Peter got cucked

The look on her face in the end after Peter asks her who the kids are and she says they're her family makes this even worse. She looks irritated that he even asked her about it. She doesn't even seem happy to see him at all. I know JRJR can draw some weird facial expressions and I'm probably overthinking this but that page is clearly meant to tick people off rather than shock them because this hardly seems like a shocker.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-19-2023 at 11:25 AM.

Damn. I haven’t been on this site for a few years. I had to come back just to say this run is dogshit, lmao.

Fantastic Member

This isn’t really intended as actual criticism, but it’s hilarious to think that Norman and Peter took the time to make sure his dimension hopping suit had a Spider-Man paint job and web pattern, but not the time to explain to Reed Richards what was up.
    Peter Parker lost the love of his life because his suit had to have the right branding

Astonishing Member

Joe Q and more leave Marvel and then Marvel just doubles down on the Mary Jane trolling. The people at the Marvel comics division really just don't like the 616 version at all.

Extraordinary Member

Well...that's one way to really piss fans off.

What the hell...are writers in competition to write the most hated story since OMD?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Joe Q and more leave Marvel and then Marvel just doubles down on the Mary Jane trolling. The people at the Marvel comics division really just don't like the 616 version at all.
    They clearly want everyone else to feel that way too. I mean the last run "reveals" that Peter and MJ can't be allowed to marry and have kids because supposedly their child would lead to Mephisto's demise and he can't have that, so in this run she can just do that with someone else instead. To call this trolling would be an understatement. What's next, Peter makes a deal with Mephisto again if he can undo MJ's kids and marriage to Paul this time? Peter is as pathetic as it is in this run, who's to say this would be out of character for him at this point. Or maybe this entire thing was Mephisto's idea all along to make sure he keeps them apart permanently. I think my head hurts.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-19-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't wish to sound like I'm defending Wells, but this isn't just on him. He's doing this because editorial lets him and it clearly fits with their desired outcome to permanently split MJ from Peter. Marvel shouldn't try to act like Wells is the only one the backlash has been aimed at. OMD was part of JMS' run but that story wasn't his brainchild and he hasn't been held as accountable for it as Quesada has for a reason.
    Or maybe he has a story to tell with the two of them apart? He did write them as a supportive couple in the Beyond arc. And the way Nick explained it Zeb came to them with a story.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Or maybe he has a story to tell with the two of them apart? He did write them as a supportive couple in the Beyond arc. And the way Nick explained it Zeb came to them with a story.
    There are good or at least better ways of doing that. 24 issues in, this has been anything but good.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-19-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Only if your a eunuch.
    It was a supremely shitty comment, and now you're joining in. There are many reasons why someone may lose a body part (war injuries, cancer), and other reasons people may have bodily differences (being trans, etc). Belittling people for bodily differences is a **** thing to do. This is a public forum open to everyone.