Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men?

Kamala knows!

Censorship Sucks

The new stories in Amazing are just bad.
    I am re-reading Ditko/Lee Spider-man.
    I forgot how awesome Spider-man was!

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Kamala has just kinda stood around uselessly so far so I'm rolling my eyes at her being involved at this point.

I am sure they will try to increase her role either when the movie drops or when the movie was originally scheduled to drop in a badly executed attempt at synergy.

But I can't imagine reading her appearances in ASM and being like "I gotta find out more about her!" and snagging Ms Marvel
    Wells doesn't even write her great.

Also has she been spying on them the whole time for the Avengers? Is Kamala an narc for the Avengers?

Incredible Member

the fantastic four part of this is weird because their book seems to be ignoring this whole mad at peter thing same as daredevil. johnny in the last issue of ff was telling sue how he teamed up with peter while they've been gone during there own 6 month time skip.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    "What did Peter do?" So he punched the Human Torch and Thing. He slammed Captain American with his own shield. And he stole from Tony Stark. Sounds lame. All of those people would have dropped everything to help Peter if he asked.
    That still doesn't explain the way they treated Peter when this storyline started. Everybody should understand what pressure he was under. But one can tell the faster Peter pushes himself the more likely he will make mistakes and make things worse.
    How many of you sense that?
    --jthree

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    "What did Peter do?" So he punched the Human Torch and Thing. He slammed Captain American with his own shield. And he stole from Tony Stark. Sounds lame. All of those people would have dropped everything to help Peter if he asked.
    MJ worked for Tony; Tony would drop anything to help MJ, as was shown in MJ & BC: Dark Web #1. Even if Tony suddenly became a mindless obeyer of the Feds like Cap, Ben and Johnny were OOC turned into when it comes to Peter, he would instantly leap in to save MJ's life.

But yeah, right, sure, Peter was forced to steal from Tony. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    the fantastic four part of this is weird because their book seems to be ignoring this whole mad at peter thing same as daredevil. johnny in the last issue of ff was telling sue how he teamed up with peter while they've been gone during there own 6 month time skip.
    Ignoring this mess is absolutely the right thing to do. Based Ryan North.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Kamala's so you can give her reason to want to work for Oscorp and adding Julia in this so far into it wouldn't make sense given context
    You can tell it's Ms Marvel because Wells name-drops New Jersey at the top of the page.
    Putting the pieces together, Kamala's story in ASM is something like this:

- Six months ago, she finds Peter Parker and Norman Osborn up to shady business at night in a warehouse in New Jersey.
    - Either through her own initiative or through the Avengers, Kamala becomes an intern at Oscorp to (1) spy on Osborn and Parker, (2) further her career.
    - Kamala works with Peter in the engineering division under Osborn.
    - This gives her potential access to Oscorp suits, such as the Gold Goblin suit she was scoping out when Osborn caught her.

I assume when things start to escalate (such as during the present day return of Rabin), she'll either suit up as Ms Marvel to join the fight or she'll call in the Avengers.
    Wells had a similar arc for Empath in Hellions - he was a spy who intentionally got himself drafted into the Hellions to spy on Mister Sinister and keep an eye on Havok.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Kamala has just kinda stood around uselessly so far so I'm rolling my eyes at her being involved at this point
    I am sure they will try to increase her role either when the movie drops or when the movie was originally scheduled to drop in a badly executed attempt at synergy.
    But I can't imagine reading her appearances in ASM and being like "I gotta find out more about her!" and snagging Ms Marvel
    Is it completely unimaginable that Wells uses Kamala in his run because he is a fan of the character? Because that's my leading assumption.

What do we mean by Kamala is 'useless'? Her presence in Peter's life right now is as a fellow intern, because that's what Peter knows her as and since the book follows Peter's perspective.
    When Kamala starts making more overt moves, we'll see more of her superhero side. We saw her join the fight during Dark Web, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Ignoring this mess is absolutely the right thing to do. Based Ryan North.
    That's because this flashback arc is set during the last quarter of Dan Slott's FF run - Johnny's stuck in permanent flame mode and the FF are still living in the Baxter Building, neither of which is the case for the current run.
    We also know that Johnny doesn't hold a grudge against Peter - Wells himself established this in ASM 1 when the Johnny came to check up on his friend Peter (though Peter didn't reciprocate at the time).

North's FF run takes place ~1.5 years in-universe since this incident, so why would it even come up?
    In between the crisis the FF are in now, would Johnny really be like: "Remember a couple of years ago, when a distressed Peter tried to force his way into your lab, Reed?"

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    You can tell it's Ms Marvel because Wells name-drops New Jersey at the top of the page.
    Putting the pieces together, Kamala's story in ASM is something like this:

- Six months ago, she finds Peter Parker and Norman Osborn up to shady business at night in a warehouse in New Jersey.
    - Either through her own initiative or through the Avengers, Kamala becomes an intern at Oscorp to (1) spy on Osborn and Parker, (2) further her career.
    - Kamala works with Peter in the engineering division under Osborn.
    - This gives her potential access to Oscorp suits, such as the Gold Goblin suit she was scoping out when Osborn caught her.

I assume when things start to escalate (such as during the present day return of Rabin), she'll either suit up as Ms Marvel to join the fight or she'll call in the Avengers.
    Wells had a similar arc for Empath in Hellions - he was a spy who intentionally got himself drafted into the Hellions to spy on Mister Sinister and keep an eye on Havok.

Is it completely unimaginable that Wells uses Kamala in his run because he is a fan of the character? Because that's my leading assumption.

What do we mean by Kamala is 'useless'? Her presence in Peter's life right now is as a fellow intern, because that's what Peter knows her as and since the book follows Peter's perspective.
    When Kamala starts making more overt moves, we'll see more of her superhero side. We saw her join the fight during Dark Web, for instance.
    What gets me is that she just feels like such a random fit for the supporting cast and Wells doesn't have a great handle on her voice or characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What gets me is that she just feels like such a random fit for the supporting cast and Wells doesn't have a great handle on her voice or characterization.
    Wells doesn't have a great handle on the voices for the regular Spider-Man cast so why is it surprising he doesn't have a great handle on Kamala?

Yeah, if Kamala doesn't have her own book, you'd think she'd end up in either Captain Marvel (Carol's supposed to be her mentor), or Miles Morales: Spider-Man (he's her best friend in the Champions team). Instead she ends up in Amazing Spider-Man.

Of course this isn't Kamala's first internship. In Danny Lore's short run on Champions, Kamala sent Miles and Sam Alexander into Roxxon as interns, to find evidence of their involvement in CRADLE and Kamala's Law. Sam was about to be fired, so he told their boss he knew Kamala Khan, who the anti-child superhero law had made famous in her civilian identity. Kamala was thus blackmailed into joining Roxxon too. However, their plan succeeded, Roxxon was exposed, the whole division was shut down and the other Champions were able to rejoin those three, Viv, and Riri to celebrate. Devil's Reign happened soon after though, which ended with ALL superheroes banned in New York (which seems to have resulted in the team going on hiatus - only Scarlet Witch's book, when Viv guested, has shown any indication of them still being a team), and that was quickly followed by Kamala joining Oscorp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    North's FF run takes place ~1.5 years in-universe since this incident, so why would it even come up?
    In between the crisis the FF are in now, would Johnny really be like: "Remember a couple of years ago, when a distressed Peter tried to force his way into your lab, Reed?"
    Like I said, based Ryan North for ignoring the miserable mishegas that is ASM and not worrying about readers who might be confused by all the time skips.

Igoring this run is absolutely the best policy.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Like I said, based Ryan North for ignoring the miserable mishegas that is ASM and not worrying about readers who might be confused by all the time skips.

Igoring this run is absolutely the best policy.
    when does a spider-man run ever gets reference to begin with
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    when does a spider-man run ever gets reference to begin with
    I think MJ's nightclub was referenced outside ASM...once?

The Sinister Syndicate popped up in Miles' book.

yeah but miles is a spider man character though so they can connect more easily than usual. Like would Iron man reference what Kindred was doing with Spider man or would have anyone that isn't a spider man character?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Might have been Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen, near the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.