Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    There's always been backlash when they treat MJ like crap but I think at this point it matters little to them since they know they will always get away with it. People love these characters far too much and they will keep going back to them no matter what. Marvel is fully aware of that and they always take advantage of it.
    It does kinda feel like the Gallery Edition hardcover they released of the Wedding Album was them taking advantage of fans wanting more Pete/MJ right now. I mean, it worked on me.

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Technically Gil Kane drew the issue and JR was one of the two inkers, but yeah, you're right in terms of him still be involved in the issue.
    Romita Sr. was definitely one of the editorial participants in the plot to kill off Gwen. It may have actually been his idea, depending on which comic legend you choose to believe.

Maybe they are killing Aunt May for once and triggers the Mephisto deal.

One can only hope but...

BANNED

This might be controversial, but I genuinely wish Marvel would kill off May. She's long since served her purpose in the narrative of Peter's life. Keeping her around just feels like it's an excuse to regress Peter whenever they want. Never letting him really grow up and out of the boy she raised. Perpetually trapped in a half-state between awkward teen and responsible adult.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post

One can only hope but...
    God, I hope it's May. She should have stayed dead in the 90's. I know that's a terrible thing to say but you all have to understand that I moved on from May's death a long, long time ago and it is way past time that Marvel do so as well.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-02-2023 at 06:58 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post

One can only hope but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    This might be controversial, but I genuinely wish Marvel would kill off May. She's long since served her purpose in the narrative of Peter's life. Keeping her around just feels like it's an excuse to regress Peter whenever they want. Never letting him really grow up and out of the boy she raised. Perpetually trapped in a half-state between awkward teen and responsible adult.
    Took the words out of my mind. Look, I'm not going to say that May dying is something I would like to see; I felt really bad when my maternal grandma, but in order to keep Spider-Man relatable for the readers, they have to face the fact that losing people is natural. (When it's by natural ways).

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Took the words out of my mind. Look, I'm not going to say that May dying is something I would like to see; I felt really bad when my maternal grandma, but in order to keep Spider-Man relatable for the readers, they have to face the fact that losing people is natural. (When it's by natural ways).
    Yup...Spider-Man does need to be...ahem...relatable after all, that is what Marvel said. *Whistles innocently*
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

(SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED PS4/INSOMNIAC SPIDER-MAN. SERIOUSLY. DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE GONNA PLAY THAT GAME)

I think the PS4 game had the right idea to kill her off at a really pivotal moment in Peter's life. He's at that stage he's really got to figure out what he wants to do with his future, who he wants to be, and having to make the most painful decision in his life really helps him grow by the end of that game. May's death has me in tears every time I play the story, because it's both so well done, and so perfectly Spider-man that this is how they kill her off. With it all coming down to the one lesson her and Ben always had for Peter: Great Power, Great Responsibility. Marvel sadly doesn't have the stones to give Peter such a powerful moment anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, JrJr's art still feels less polished and lacking compared to his past work, though I guess it's not as bad as some of his Action Comics art.
    I also don't think much of JRJR's art in this ASM volume. I've found people's heads and faces to be weirdly deformed and the detailing too boxy and sketchy.