Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    No, its not cheating lol. How long should she wait not even knowing if pete is alive before she's free to love again? Or are you actually arguing she should've just waited for eternity and stayed a nice little wunich girl as if Peter owned her womb even when he's not there for years? That's not cheating OR cucking dude.

Its especially not cucking because Peter and MJ *aren't even married* lol. Its by definition not cuckoldry, and it ain't cheating either
    Brother, I gave you two options. I said it's either one or the other.

Again, if it's not cucking, it's stockholm syndrome. Those are your only two options if this isn't all one big fakeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm talking about the second movie. You're talking about the first movie (due to the appearance of Melissa Shield, who was introduced in the first MHA movie).
    Screenshot 2023-04-20 211219.jpg

last page

https://www.cbr.com/my-hero-academia...r-canon-cameo/
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Hey, they did sneak the kids in there. Did they bring up that Deku tried to give Bakugo the One-For-All power-up?

(I used a bad example now because of this, lol.)

I guess I can always turn to Dragon Ball for this. There's tons of stuff there that doesn't match up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    They were together at the time and she slept with another dude. We don't know how much time passed but MJ clearly isn't being drawn as much older and those kids aren't young.

No they weren't together, not pbsyicsllt snd not even really in any capacity. Sorry but after more than 2/3 years of no contact you're pretty much free to go in my book the other guy ain't coming back.

Honestly though, the really problem has more to do with how Peter and MJ have treated each other the entire run. MJ was long enough that she felt it was reasonable to move on? Fine. Why can't she talk to Peter about it like an adult? Why is Peter allegedly being a stalker? Why is MJ hiding in closets answering his calls? Why when he earnestly asks her about it after saving her at the hellfire gala does she snap at him about responsibility? You'd think even if they weren't together when all of this happened that after the almost 60 year relationship and friendship these two have had that Peter would mean enough to her to not treat him like this in the aftermath of this extremely messed up situation.

Peter and Mj have talked like adults numerous times. Hes not and never hss been stalking her. Neither she nor Paul have any issue talking to pete.

I just don't like the characters treating each other this way. It's not satisfying and makes characters that I love look awful.
    I mean none of that stuff is really happening. Time shenanigans happened and resulted in a rough breakup and 0eters been pissed but beyond that they've been just fine between them. Irs gonna be rough obviously but they've handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Brother, I gave you two options. I said it's either one or the other.

Again, if it's not cucking, it's stockholm syndrome. Those are your only two options if this isn't all one big fakeout.
    And I told you thats false.

Its objectivelt not cuckholding. And its not stockholm syndrome either because Paul didn't capture her.

Paul has by all accounts been a pretty nice guy this entire run even to pete. You dont like him because he's banging MJ but that doesn't make him malicious. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It appears you might be thinking coersion equals physical violence. That's not what we're saying.

I know exactly whats being said. Im not confusing coercion with physical violence. Paul still didn't coerce MJ in any way. He was just as trapped as she was.

While MJ is not necessarily a captive, she is in a traumatic situation where there is no way out and she is forced to rely on Paul to survive and has no other social resources; that is very similar to Stockholm Syndrome especially as Paul has all the knowledge and thus power in this situation

No its not. Let's break this down.

Paul didn't capture MJ. We don't know WHAT MJ is capable of at this point in time when Peter returns including survival wise. And MJ made the CHOICE to be trapped there. That last one is a big deal because she has had full agency in everything that has happened beyond the fact try were all sent there in the first place. Stockholm syndrome doesn't apply in any way shape or form, and its misusage here is quite telling.

There is no real consent if you are not in a mentally capable place to give it.

She is and was. If your notion is to try and claim she wasn't mentally capable to make any sound decisions you're going to need a lot more than this to sell that idea because what I saw was MJ making conscious decisions throughout. This infantilzation of MJ is very odd and strange and just as problematic as what you're claiming the setup is.

Regardless, let's say MJ is in full possession of her faculties and actively gives full consent - which is fine! Women can sleep with whomever they want as long as there is consent: the character is still going to raked across the coals by a not-small segment of the audience just for being a female character who didn't remain "pure" and "true to her love" and Marvel absolutely knew how that portion of the audience would react and leaned into it to better assassinate her character. That's my actual point.

Sure; but MJ has never been fully pure by that regard and itd nothing new for spidey either. Sooo.... screw those guys who think that lol

Just look at how Gwen was characterized by many after Sins Past, and why Spencer thought it important to retcon that story.

Sins past has a metric ton of issues that have nothing to do with misogynistic reactionsto Gwen being a woman who decided to sleep with another guy.

It's a completely different scenario. Rose doesn't have to be with Jack. Rose can leave Jack. Rose doesn't need Jack to navigate her world or to survive (which is made very clear ). And the same goes for Jack. They choose to be together, they are not forced to be together. That's the difference.

being together and being TOGETHERarent the same thing and MJ and Paul weren't forced into the later. Were not even sure they were forced into the former.

Tarzan had all the advantages of knowing the jungle, it was his home. Regardless, Jane was not his captive (I'm going with Disney for this one) and Jane had her own resources. Jane could walk away at any time and be fine; Tarzan could walk away at any time and be fine. They were not forced to be together.
    You're assuming MJ can't leave and never could, but that's all irrelevant anyway. Because at some point she would have become capable enough to go out on her own, thats easily concluded. And she CHOSE to stay there. She was there for years. Several years.

You dislike Paul because he’s sleeping with MJ.

I dislike Paul because he’s a nothing character created to serve a stupid plotline in a poorly written, boring, and unimpressive run.

We are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

I dislike Paul because he’s a nothing character created to serve a stupid plotline in a poorly written, boring, and unimpressive run.

We are not the same.
    My feelings/thoughts exactly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

We are not the same.
    I mean, that's why I think this stuff all sucks. Everything is unearned, narratively speaking.

It's all just Wells and Lowe stroking outrage to spur engagement.

Its objectivelt not cuckholding. And its not stockholm syndrome either because Paul didn't capture her.

Paul has by all accounts been a pretty nice guy this entire run even to pete. You dont like him because he's banging MJ but that doesn't make him malicious. Not yet.
    At some point in time someone is going to pitch Peter x MJ together again. That means this stuff is going to be tossed in the trash. That's if Wells himself doesn't do it. People just want this crap over with because it's a poorly written storyline with terrible characterization brought about by creators who would rather spark outrage than actually tell a story.

Astonishing Member

You're assuming MJ can't leave and never could, but that's all irrelevant anyway. Because at some point she would have become capable enough to go out on her own, thats easily concluded. And she CHOSE to stay there. She was there for years. Several years.
    I do not know what comic book you are reading, but you’re not reading Amazing Spider-Man by Zeb Wells. Peter himself said he was a stalker in one of the Kelly issues. MJ has indeed sat in a closet and told Peter never to call her again, and then snapped at him when he just wanted to have a cup of coffee after saving her life. They have yet to talk like adults, with Peter abandoning MJ in Dark Web #1 to run after his sad sugar daddy Norman and with MJ getting mad and pouting at Peter in the Kelly issue for daring to be at the same spa she is.

Your comic sounds much better written, however. Wish I could read it.

MJ made the choice to send Peter back, yes. But she did not actively choose to be stuck in a dystopia populated by deadly monsters, that was something done to her by a wizard. She could not escape and did not escape, we see that and it was made clear in the text.

We are not the same.
    Boom! Exactly.

And want to make clear that I don't feel the first way about Paul - you go, MJ, get yourself some hot apocalyptic loving! Take joy where you can! - but I have seen the sentiment expressed repeatedly across all corners of the internet, with people expressing that ASM 24 finally put the coffin in Peter and MJ, the relationship is dead to them forever. And Marvel knows how those people would react. They had fifteen years of seeing the reaction to Sins Past. That's my point. This is all an active choice of Marvel's part, to get that reaction from the worst corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I mean, that's why I think this stuff all sucks. Everything is unearned, narratively speaking.

It's all just Wells and Lowe stroking outrage to spur engagement.
    Correct. Nothing has been earned. And Wells and editorial appear so uninterested in telling an actual story instead of merely pushing the outrage button for outrage's sake, they can't remember they already gave the little girl a name, while Paul still doesn't have a last name.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-20-2023 at 07:45 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Boom! Exactly.

And want to make clear that I don't feel the first way about Paul - you go, MJ, get yourself some hot apocalyptic loving! Take joy where you can! - but I have seen the sentiment expressed repeatedly across all corners of the internet, with people expressing that ASM 24 finally put the coffin in Peter and MJ, the relationship is dead to them forever. And Marvel knows how those people would react. They had fifteen years of seeing the reaction to Sins Past. That's my point. This is all an active choice of Marvel's part, to get that reaction from the worst corners.
    I find people who say things like this never actually liked Peter x MJ in the first place and are looking for their moment to declare the ship ruined forever in the hopes that their ship of choice will become the main relationship of the series. They'll usually go back to hiding such thoughts once a writer makes it clear they want to do Peter x MJ again.

Incredible Member

So in this storyline in the other dimension , maybe 4-5 years have passed ?
    But Paul & MJ look the same as drawn by Romita Jr , so maybe they didn't age at all .
    Maybe only the kids age, as they were conceived in a different dimension .
    So is that going to mean that the kids will continue getting much older much faster ?
    If so , then in a short time they'll be old and die and MJ will have her heart broken .
    So Marvel couldn't find a better writer than Wells ?

Astonishing Member

I'll be even clearer: It's either cuckolding, or MJ is not in a position where she can give consent. She is isolated and has no other human contact besides Paul. Which doesn't make Paul a rapist... but it means they both can't consent. It can't be "true love".

Those are the only possible choices here (again, assuming this is not a fakeout, which it very likely is). Cuckolding or trauma that put these people in no proper mental state to consent to intimacy.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-20-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

It sucks that Paul through Wells are giving us Paul's a bad name. I'm a Paul. Closest I'll ever get to Mary Jane Watson though!