Default Momo Yaoyaorozu vs. Mr. Compress

Both are from My Hero Academia, but as far as I know they've never canonically had a one-on-one confrontation with each other.

Momo Yaoyaorozu, aka Creati, can use her Quirk to create things. She can create tools and weapons and pull them out of herself, and use them in combat.

Mr. Compress has the Compress Quirk that allows him to 'compress' anything in a small marble. He can compress rocks, debris, weapons, and so forth into marbles, and then with a snap of his fingers un-compress them back to full size to use in combat. If he gets close enough, he can also compress and imprison people (see the Training Camp arc).

Both have Quirks that would make it way too easy for them to work as magicians, and in fact Mr. Compress is a former magician who has the whole magician aesthetic going on for him.

So, if they faced each other, what would happen? What would be either's best strategy for defeating the other?

Extraordinary Member

Given the standard rules for the arena Momo creates a cannon and shoots Mr. Compress with it.

He has better speed and movement feats, so if he can somehow avoid the cannon fire and get close enough he should be able to grab ahold of her and win the fight.

Compress also has no real limit to his quirk while Momo is limited to the amount of lipids she has in her body. She's gotten better at using them efficiently, but it's still a limit that Mr. Compress does not have.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Given the standard rules for the arena Momo creates a cannon and shoots Mr. Compress with it.

He has better speed and movement feats, so if he can somehow avoid the cannon fire and get close enough he should be able to grab ahold of her and win the fight.

Compress also has no real limit to his quirk while Momo is limited to the amount of lipids she has in her body. She's gotten better at using them efficiently, but it's still a limit that Mr. Compress does not have.
    I mean, Cannon's aren't really precise, accurate weapons. Aim-dodging should be viable here

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Momo of course can create things for ranged attacks. As for Compress, he can throw marbles featuring compressed rocks or debris through the air and un-compress them, but if his opponent is able to dodge them, then of course he only has so many of them.

And yes, cannons aren't exactly precise so Compress has a good chance of avoiding a direct hit. I don't think he's been shown to be fast enough to compress a cannonball, but since he has a good chance of avoiding being hit anyway, he probably doesn't need to.

Swiss army nerd

Momo's biggest strength isn't even her quirk, it's that she's a tactician. I think she's smart enough to come up with a counter strategy for Compress. She's been shown to be able to create complex items like chemical compounds and bombs etc. some kind of projectile filled with a liquid that explodes on compression doesn't feel outwith her capabilities, given that she made a ton of sedative for Gigantomachia.

I definitely lean towards Momo just on her smarts + versatility.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Momo of course can create things for ranged attacks. As for Compress, he can throw marbles featuring compressed rocks or debris through the air and un-compress them, but if his opponent is able to dodge them, then of course he only has so many of them.

And yes, cannons aren't exactly precise so Compress has a good chance of avoiding a direct hit. I don't think he's been shown to be fast enough to compress a cannonball, but since he has a good chance of avoiding being hit anyway, he probably doesn't need to.
    Mr. Compress doesn't have the same range as Momo's best options. So getting to her is his biggest difficulty. Which will give her time to fortify her defences or create more dangerous options.

Like, there's nothing stopping her from just pulling out a machine gun for when Compress gets too close. Or load her cannon-ammo with poisonous gas so she doesn't have to hit him directly.

Momo has the clear advantage.