Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bishop: War College #3 - Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/13/ex...war-college-3/

I love this alternate reality Quiet Council!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wouldn't exactly mind if Colossus had such a plunging neckline. Emma is more covered than him.

I feel like this AU would’ve been more interesting/ easier to explore if it was just “what if the 05 and Xavier were black?” From their you can explore the ramifications of the first public mutants being an all black team vs. the all-white team from 616 and see how they played into human-mutant relations. Just making everybody black (while fun visually) seems a bit uninspired. Like do other races just not exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/13/ex...war-college-3/

I love this alternate reality Quiet Council!

I'm just going to take a second to give the artist kudos for the variance in textures from Bishop, to Sinister looser curls, to cyclops hair.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not that Bishop's story isn't the most interesting, but every page without Surge should have a character asking, "Where's Surge?"
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I guess if ever anyone wanted a frame of reference for how all the main X-Men would look like black...

What’s the point of this mini? Is it to make traction on the ORCHIS situation?

The faces look off to me. Like they pasted similar faces on everyone, or the artist could only really draw one of what he thought was what a 'black' face would look like. And that first big page looks like the guy is possessed by that stupid smiling demon from the movie Smile.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The faces look off to me. Like they pasted similar faces on everyone, or the artist could only really draw one of what he thought was what a 'black' face would look like. And that first big page looks like the guy is possessed by that stupid smiling demon from the movie Smile.
    While his art might not be to everyone's taste, I think we can assume that Sean Hill knows what black people look like.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Not that Bishop's story isn't the most interesting, but every page without Surge should have a character asking, "Where's Surge?"
    Yeah.. this whole "Bishop:War College" has entirely too much Bishop and entirely too little War College for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    While his art might not be to everyone's taste, I think we can assume that Sean Hill knows what black people look like.
    Let me rephrase that, because that came out wrong. It more looks to me like an artist who struggles to have a lot of variety in their faces, especially when characters don't have a very specific facial feature like Cyclops' visor or Bishops' tattoo.

Its a common problem with a lot of artists. I've read so many webcomics where the artist can only draw 1-2 faces and hairstyles, so everyone just kind of differs entirely on things like 'wears glasses' and junk

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if ever anyone wanted a frame of reference for how all the main X-Men would look like black...
    I kinda wanted to see the internet catch on fire and burn by having every *other* Quiet Council-member be black in this world, but Storm be white.

I feel like Sinister's hair is wrong. Like he would absolutely alter his genes to ensure he has straight hair, just so he can rock the Prince look.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like Sinister's hair is wrong. Like he would absolutely alter his genes to ensure he has straight hair, just so he can rock the Prince look.
    If black curly hair is the dominant social norm, why would the mad eugenist want straight hair ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    If black curly hair is the dominant social norm, why would the mad eugenist want straight hair ?
    Im not going to lie, i thought the exact thing as rift which is what made me notice the hair. Heck look how loose sinister curls already is. bro is not trying to be 4c. not that all hair is, but i feel his should be. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/