Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Children of the Vault by Deniz Camp and Luca Maresca

A four-issue limited series, CHILDREN OF THE VAULT will be written by Deniz Camp (20th Century Men) in his exciting Marvel Comics debut and drawn by Luca Maresca, following his hit work on PHOTON: MONICA RAMBEAU. These two rising stars will explore one of the most significant obstacles to mutantkind’s survival, the mega-evolved superbeings known as THE CHILDREN OF THE VAULT.

This post-human species is seen as the next stage of evolution, superior to mutants in every way. Their motives and the existential threat they represent has been brewing in the pages of both Jonathan Hickman and Gerry Duggan’s X-MEN runs, and after the dramatic events at this year’s Hellfire Gala, they’re unleashed from their virtual prison with a new mission. Former enemies become brother-in-arms as Cable and Bishop team-up to fight this crucial war against the Children of the Vault all on their own!

The Children of the Vault are back, and they are determined to be humanity’s salvation! But not everything is as it seems, and every utopia has its costs. What is the motivation behind these highly evolved beings gifting the world with their advanced technology? And how do Bishop and a now-Orchis-captured Cable figure into their plans?

“With CHILDREN OF THE VAULT we're taking what Mike Carey, Jonathan Hickman, and Gerry Duggan have established and filling in the gaps to more fully flesh out their motivations and methods,” Camp explained.

“It's been a real thrill to invent a whole new society for the Marvel Universe, with its own brutal history, culture, prejudices, personalities, and politics. Just as important to this book are Cable and Bishop, two characters I've long known and recently come to love. We're embracing their rich history and complicated pasts (and futures!) to create a dynamic that I think feels fresh but deeply rooted in the characters.

“All of these characters, with their competing visions for the future, are going to collide in a sci-fi story brimming with ‘big ideas,’ accessible to new readers but taking full advantage of the FALL OF X status quo and the Marvel Universe.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=209836100
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-14-2023 at 08:06 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Interesting that this is explicitly being called a 4-issue mini. I think that means the previous announcements have the potential to continue if they sell well but who knows. Not at all what I expected but a Cable & Bishop team-up is fun and the idea of really fleshing out the Children's society is great.

Someone page Jackraow21!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

OH MY GOD!!! F@&$ YES!!!!!!

I’m in. So damn in. Have been wanting to see Bishop & Cable as brothers in arms for some time now. This is gonna be rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Someone page Jackraow21!
    Ha. I got your psychic page, my friend. Lol.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Someone page Jackraow21!
    I had the same thought! Excited for him.

Mini series, that's disappointing.
    Don't know the creative team, but I was hoping for some weird art and the clean lines of Maresca's pages doesn't entice me.
    I wish we got a latino writer at least but well...

The only thing that excites me is a Cable/Bishop duo.

This sounds very interesting. Luca Maresca seems to be a very good artist for what I saw. The writer I don't know, but the little he talked gave me some confidence. And it's good to have new names working on X-books.

It is so good to finally have Cable and Bishop in what seems to be an important story with real space to shine. And the Children are great villains, I can really see this duo as fierce opponents to them (Cable has already fought them in Carey's run). Bishop got a little bit of shine in his solo mini, but I don't like that at all.

This one's probably not for me. I know next to nothing about the Children of the Vault, and while I like both Bishop and Cable I'm not a major fan of either. Nice to see them working together after that whole Hope debacle, though.

also I really don't like Serafina's new look.

Extraordinary Member

If nothing else this should be a lot of over the top action as we have seen when these two share a story. So far it has the premise that seems to relate more to plots I am following so I will keep an eye on it.

Also I guess we have some spoilers for what happens to Cable.

While I'm a little surprised that Synch isn't in this I love everything else about it. I'm not familiar with the creative team but I love the Children as a concept so I'm excited for a deep dive into their society. And then we have Cable and Bishop, two characters that I love! Not only are we getting references to their past and getting to see them work together, but they're up against FORMIDABLE enemies here.

Interesting that Cable was captured by Orchis and how that may not bode well for the rest of SWORD! And this part is really intriguing: "The Children of the Vault are back, and they are determined to be humanity’s salvation! But not everything is as it seems, and every utopia has its costs. What is the motivation behind these highly evolved beings gifting the world with their advanced technology?"

Is Krakoa's/mutants' image going to be so damaged that the people of earth will be embracing the Children? Wild.

I suspect this mini will then spin off into another series featuring one or both of them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So does Cable end up getting kidnapped by Orchis during the Gala? this is going to be very interesting
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've long been wanting Cable and Bishop to team up and the premise sounds exciting. I'm not at all familiar with Deniz Camp though, did anyone read 20th Century Men?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So does Cable end up getting kidnapped by Orchis during the Gala? this is going to be very interesting
    They must get quite the upgrade if they can kidnap Cable!

Incredible Member

surprised and a little bummed to see cable here. I was enjoying al ewing writing him.