Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Happy for Cable fans, but I'm gonna skip this one. I don't care about the CotV.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Ah well, at least we will be getting a Cable and Bishop team-up. I was so annoyed when part of Bishop's characterization assassination included making him and Cable bitter enemies, because I always wanted them to team up and interact more.
    Same, man. Same. Very pumped about this. And, now that I'm done with my meetings today, I can weigh in a bit more on this series and my thoughts...

1) Don't know the writer at all, but others having indicated that he's good. And I just looked up Luca Maresca's art and it looks very solid. So color me pumped on both fronts.

2) I couldn't be more excited and now understand why Cable is absent from XMR and the whole showdown with Genesis and Apocalypse in that book, as he's been captured by Orchis apparently. So Ewing was indeed teasing this in that interview back in February after all... should've kept the faith and listend to some of the others around here! And, the awesome part is, after this mini Nathan will be back under Ewing's pen in XMR, because he did say he has plans for him in upcoming issues further down the line.

3) Bishop being the one to rescue Cable, at least it looks that way, and the two of them fighting this war against an existential threat in the Children of the Vault is pretty much the coolest concept I could've dreamed up for a buddy book starring the two of them. Both men being badass, time-displaced soldiers... taking on an army of uber powerful, artificially evolved humans... in a massive war campaign... mind. Blown!

4) It seems from the cover that they're using the "new look" arm of Cable's, where his T/O looks more like its Technarch source code. I really like that look actually. Wonder if he retains his ability to manipulate it and weaponize it that he displayed in XMR #10? That sure seems like an ability that would come in handy against the CotV and whatever iteration they're on!

5) Like many others, I would love to see this evolve into a separate ongoing featuring Bishop, Cable, Thunderbird and some others. Maybe bring back S.W.O.R.D. as a book and focus on those three (plus whoever else) as its strike force arm? Or give them X-Force and keep Domino, Sage and Laura and just jettison everyone else in that book? Either way.

This is gonna be fun. Can't wait.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Bishop and Cable together waging a private war against some of the best under-developed X-villains? As long as we don't get "no more Children of the Vault", I'm in. This is probably the most exciting announcement from Fall of X so far for me.
    I feel you on that...

Bishop + Cable =
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Wasn't Deniz Camp a poster on these forums or am I thinking of someone else? Great that he's making his X-Books debut.

ETA: Checked. Yup it was him.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-15-2023 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I've long been wanting Cable and Bishop to team up and the premise sounds exciting. I'm not at all familiar with Deniz Camp though, did anyone read 20th Century Men?
    I did along with what is going on in the Superman line, 20th Century Men is the best comic I'm reading, actually, those are the only comics I'm reading.

Is a really good alt-history in the Cold War, with some smart ideas.

While I have close to zero interest on the X-Men line right now (it lacks Cyclops), Deniz Camp is a very smart choice by Marvel, just wish he was writing Cyclops solo

Bishop & Cable team up book? Now this shit is right up my alley and I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Bishop & Cable team up book? Now this shit is right up my alley and I can't wait.
    Exactly this.

Also if we go with logic cable isn't in red during one of his biggest nemesis because he is in this book i can't get that pressed over synch and talon not being a part of this when they in x-men. Also maybe they don't want to be a part of this. Though i do expect to see Darwin but that's because he has changed and will prob be one of the antagonists.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Why are Children of the Vault superior to mutant in every way according to solicits? What difference does it make for a lowly flatscan if his civilization is being supplanted by mutants or children of the vault? Shouldn’t orchis hate the children of the vault as well? Please someone help, I wanna be excited about this but it feels like the NEO all over again, I can’t properly understand the premise, WOULDN’T it make more sense for CoTV & Mutants to be allies?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Why are Children of the Vault superior to mutant in every way according to solicits? What difference does it make for a lowly flatscan if his civilization is being supplanted by mutants or children of the vault? Shouldn’t orchis hate the children of the vault as well? Please someone help, I wanna be excited about this but it feels like the NEO all over again, I can’t properly understand the premise, WOULDN’T it make more sense for CoTV & Mutants to be allies?
    Not really. The children of the vault are basically homo novissimo. So they would actually be the culmination of everything Orichis has been trying to do to amplify humans. Though i do agree it is bizarre but it's been the story since the start. Humans rather give away their humanity and soul and become machines just to keep from going extinct because of mutants with the grand goal to sacrifice themselves and all that is humanity to the phalanx. Of course not all humans but Orichis.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-14-2023 at 05:46 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

ORCHIS hates mutants because they believe mutants will conquer the earth. As the group is really a front for the machines the machines want to stop mutants from conquering the galaxy and wiping them out.

If the human element were not worried about mutants then they would be worried about machines. They just do not know they should be worried.

At least, make Serafina with hair again pleaaaaase

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    ORCHIS hates mutants because they believe mutants will conquer the earth. As the group is really a front for the machines the machines want to stop mutants from conquering the galaxy and wiping them out.

If the human element were not worried about mutants then they would be worried about machines. They just do not know they should be worried.
    Pretty much this is the gist of it. Though i would add they know, but they don't care. it's a case of i'd rather be destroyed by what i created than what god (as in the natural existence of things in the mu)did.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not really. The children of the vault are basically homo novissimo. So they would actually be the culmination of everything Orichis has been trying to do to amplify humans. Though i do agree it is bizarre but it's been the story since the start. Humans rather give away their humanity and soul and become machines just to keep from going extinct because of mutants with the grand goal to sacrifice themselves and all that is humanity to the phalanx. Of course not all humans but Orichis.
    Thanks for bringing up the homo novissima, because this definitely does sound to me like the first step for them to come into being and eventually overrun humankind and mutantkind alike.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

So the children of the vault are made of machines? They don’t get powers from their genes? Isn’t omega sentinel made of nanites as well, could she be considered homo novissima ?
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-14-2023 at 07:48 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I’ve really enjoyed the last few CoTV stories so this is definitely a pick up for me. Hopefully we see some more of Laura/Sync/Darwin from the Hickman story.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.