Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well remember back during the early days of XForce Magneto attacked Cable. Who was revealed to basically be like the Terminator.
    I remember that... But, Was that before or after his Techno-Organic reveal?

actually dont know if this has been posted...
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-28-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Sweet! I haven't seen it yet. Someone get him an arm!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I guess that reaction means he can only be talking to Bishop

I still can't figure out if this is adult Cable, last seen in X-men Red #10, or this is Kid Cable who has somehow been aged up in captivity since we saw him last in X-men #24? I'm hoping we'll find out in X-men #25 this week. If not, then I suppose CotV #1 the week after will clear it up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I remember that... But, Was that before or after his Techno-Organic reveal?
    I think it was before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it was before.
    I started thinking and suddenly remembered this... "In their latest look at abandoned comic plots, CSBG reveals how Cable got his techno-organic virus and bionic eye back!"

So, was Nathan Christopher Charles Summers ever strictly bionic at any point within canon?

Cable: How Marvel Made the X-Force Icon Young Again
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2023 at 09:57 AM.

In the beginning he was. His origin still hadn’t been decided at that point so he was just a cyborg. He didn’t even display his powers initially, but after a number of issues Domino walks in on him using his telekinesis to do some repair work and tells him he better be careful unless he wants to do some explaining to the rest of the team. I think by this time they had decided on his origin, and this was perhaps the first hint about his parentage. But I’m not 100% sure about that.

BANNED

In the beginning he was. His origin still hadn’t been decided at that point so he was just a cyborg. He didn’t even display his powers initially, but after a number of issues Domino walks in on him using his telekinesis to do some repair work and tells him he better be careful unless he wants to do some explaining to the rest of the team. I think by this time they had decided on his origin, and this was perhaps the first hint about his parentage. But I’m not 100% sure about that.
    Making that "origin" canon as it contradicts nothing established unless you count the concurring newly established canons still flouncing about...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Correct. His origin is for sure canon now.

Anyone got any theories for how the older Cable ends up Orchis’ captive and missing an arm, like his younger counterpart? I’ve seen some speculation online that this is Kid Cable but they aged him somehow… like how the Children of the Vault are aged rapidly inside the vault. If that’s the case, though, where is the original Cable? And wouldn’t that hopelessly screw up the timeline, as the whole point of Kid Cable going back to the future was so he could fulfill his destiny and ultimately come back to this era, form X-Force, save Hope and raise her, etc.?
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-29-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Correct. His origin is for sure canon now.

Anyone got any theories for how the older Cable ends up Orchis’ captive and missing an arm, like his younger counterpart? I’ve seen some speculation online that this is Kid Cable but they aged him somehow… like how the Children of the Vault are aged rapidly inside the vault. If that’s the case, though, where is the original Cable? And wouldn’t that hopelessly screw up the timeline, as the whole point of Kid Cable going back to the future was so he could fulfill his destiny and ultimately come back to this era, form X-Force, save Hope and raise her, etc.?
    If it’s Kid Cable aged up, that takes out half the appeal of pairing him up with Bishop. I was excited to see them work through their shared history. Not saying you’re wrong, but it would certainly be a missed opportunity on editorials part.

Children of the Vault's Handbook profile from the X-Men Legacy: Collision TPB (2011).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If it’s Kid Cable aged up, that takes out half the appeal of pairing him up with Bishop. I was excited to see them work through their shared history. Not saying you’re wrong, but it would certainly be a missed opportunity on editorials part.
    Oooh… good point. And Deniz Camp said in an interview he was excited to explore that history between the two of them. So that definitely rules out this being an aged up Kid Cable… which begs the question, how does adult Cable basically take his place as Orchis’ prisoner? I’m wondering if we might find out in X-men #25 this Wednesday, since Kid Cable returned and got captured in the preceding issue. Would be weird for Duggan to not follow up on his own sub plot.

Children of the Vault
    from the Upcoming X-Book Art teases thread
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer