Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm expecting that Bishop and Cable are just the tentpole players of this mini, and more characters will factor into their plans and direct conflicts with the Children. There's no way its literally JUST them, so I don't think we can rule out appearances by Darwin, Synch, Talon, etc yet.

I mean, I'm still crossing fingers for Bobby to at least guest for an issue here. He and Fuego need to continue their ritual of 'ugh you killed me dude' 'no you killed ME' 'yeah but then you killed me again' cuz it didn't come up in this year's COTV story and that's always been funny as fuck if you ask me.

(In their original appearance in Supernovas, Fuego 'killed' Bobby with an explosion that vaporized his body, only for Bobby to then 'kill' him during the process of making himself a new body, then a new Fuego appeared as of the next story since they basically seem to just resurrect and improve on the same existing Children in every generation, and thus the cycle continued. Bobby vs Fuego is the fire and ice death battle that quite literally might never end).
    I would be shocked if Darwin isn't involved at the very least. I assume he will be something like a last page reveal in one of the first couple issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I would be shocked if Darwin isn't involved at the very least. I assume he will be something like a last page reveal in one of the first couple issues.
    Yeah, same tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    I hope not it would be absurd that humans have no problem with the children of the vault who are 1 million it seems to me and who want to kill mutants and humans but have problems with mutants I really want humans to marvel is not very smart but still.

4 number I find it a bit short to tell a story about the children of the vault maybe there will be a second part then, I find the children much more credible as a threat than orchis.
    I think this might be setting up the Children to be the next big bads/rivals to the mutants. I don't anticipate Bishop and Cable taking them out completely in the 4 issues, but more so defeating them as necessary for the time being.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think this might be setting up the Children to be the next big bads/rivals to the mutants. I don't anticipate Bishop and Cable taking them out completely in the 4 issues, but more so defeating them as necessary for the time being.
    Yes I also think especially that normally it is the arakki who must eliminate them will this always be the case?
    for the moment arakko will still be in a useless war against genesis just because they have to find an excuse so that the arakki cannot come to the aid of krakoa or that the mutants of the earth cannot go to arakko.

I'd love it if over the course of the mini, Bishop and Cable assembled a small team of mutants with a history with the Children to join the fight. I'd be happy with a roster of Cable, Bishop, Rogue, Cannonball, Synch and Talon.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Yes I also think especially that normally it is the arakki who must eliminate them will this always be the case?
    for the moment arakko will still be in a useless war against genesis just because they have to find an excuse so that the arakki cannot come to the aid of krakoa or that the mutants of the earth cannot go to arakko.
    Ah yes that's right, there's that image of Apocalypse and family standing over the bodies of the Children but they'll be at war with Storm while this story takes place. Good point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This and the Uncanny Avengers are the only ones of the new series that look interesting to me so far. I really wish Gambit was in this series instead of Dark X-Men. I am dying for him and Bishop to have their old dynamic again. Include Deadpool too since he doesn't fit on an Avengers team and I would be even more excited about both series. I would love to get a series starring the big 4 of the 90s(Gambit, Cable, Bishop, and Deadpool). r

Ah well, at least we will be getting a Cable and Bishop team-up. I was so annoyed when part of Bishop's characterization assassination included making him and Cable bitter enemies, because I always wanted them to team up and interact more.

This is the only one of the new series (minis?) that interests me. Now I see why Ewin said that he didn't have any immediate plans for Cable after he played such a big part in his earlier issues. Maybe this will act as a backdoor "pilot" for a new X-title, I can see someone continuing this by adding more characters and making a team out of the concept (and Cable has a ready to go team in Sword).

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    This is the only one of the new series (minis?) that interests me. Now I see why Ewin said that he didn't have any immediate plans for Cable after he played such a big part in his earlier issues. Maybe this will act as a backdoor "pilot" for a new X-title, I can see someone continuing this by adding more characters and making a team out of the concept (and Cable has a ready to go team in Sword).
    yesss! if this leads into a second book for ewing with bishop and cable joining a sword like book. I could easily see COTA relocating to Arrako and that changing the field there. Wishful thinking i know but you got my brain moving. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Bishop and Cable together waging a private war against some of the best under-developed X-villains? As long as we don't get "no more Children of the Vault", I'm in. This is probably the most exciting announcement from Fall of X so far for me.

I do wish Synch was involved though!
    I think Synch should take a backseat as we focus on Darwin on this one(the guy who's actually been there longest),but yeah this will be the Fall of X pick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    yesss! if this leads into a second book for ewing with bishop and cable joining a sword like book. I could easily see COTA relocating to Arrako and that changing the field there. Wishful thinking i know but you got my brain moving. lol
    I really want an X-Force like team with a clear mission, but cannot stand the current one. So if a more appealing team can be put together I am all for it. Plus I think this would be a more interesting concept than a "mutant CIA" that doesn't prevent anything from happening.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-14-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I really want an X-Force like team with a clear mission, but cannot stand the current one. So if a more appealing team can be put together I am all for it. Plus I think this would be an interesting concept than "mutant CIA" that doesn't prevent anything from happening.
    At this point a space sort of x-force team is definitely needed. Because of the path Brand put them on and mutants accepted for all intents and purposes they are now on the galatic radar and if we are going to be experiencing a fall it makes no sense not to have sort of an interstellar team that is there for when the rest of the galaxy finds out now is the time to go after sol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think Synch should take a backseat as we focus on Darwin on this one(the guy who's actually been there longest),but yeah this will be the Fall of X pick for me.
    I agree. If any mutant should join Cable and Bishop in this title, it should be Darwin (but please get him a better name).

Sincerely, even though only CotV and Uncanny Spiderman are the only 2 titles announced as minis right out of the gate, they all actually sound like minis and a way for Marvel to gage interest in the different concepts.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am really looking forward to this mini. Hope they will use Cadena, Corodiga and Oblivio as well
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================