Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Alpha Flight by Ed Brisson and Scott Godlewski

Since 2019’s revolutionary HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X series, mutantkind has experienced unparalleled growth and prosperity on the island nation Krakoa – but can it really last forever?

Following July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1, mutantkind will enter a thrilling new era of uncertainty, danger, and mystery known as FALL OF X! In the ensuing chaos, a beloved Marvel Super Hero team rises once more! ALPHA FLIGHT will reassemble to navigate the dark times that have befallen mutantkind.

Alpha Flight’s new chapter will be written by Ed Brisson, known for his current work on PREDATOR and as one of the creators who helped launch the Krakoan era to incredible success with NEW MUTANTS. Brisson returns to the world of mutantkind alongside Marvel Comics newcomer, artist Scott Godlewski. Together, they’ll introduce two conflicting Alpha Flight squads that are formed in response to the shocking events of this year’s Hellfire Gala.

Mutantkind’s actions have put Canada on the offense and in addition to crafting a new line of sentinels, they’ll assign a government-sponsored team with de-escalating the mutant conflict by any means necessary! But a second Alpha Flight team joins the fight, striking from the shadow. More secrets and conspiracies are revealed as classic Alpha Flight members and new faces alike become major players on both sides of the war that will define mutantkind!

SAVING CANADA…FROM THE MUTANT MENACE?! Guardian, Puck, Snowbird, and Shaman return, as a terrestrial ALPHA FLIGHT bursts onto the scene! But what schism will pit these heroes against their former teammates Aurora, Northstar, and Nemesis, as well as Aurora’s beau, Fang? The FALL OF X has changed the game. Will Alpha Flight soar to new heights…or be crushed under the weight of an impossible mission?

"Like every Canadian kid who grew up reading comics, one of my biggest dreams was to write for Alpha Flight,” Brisson said. “Growing up, I was a huge fan of the original Byrne run and have followed the team over the years and through every series. The original team of Guardian, Puck, Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird, and Sasquatch holds a special place in my heart.

"Unfortunately, Sasquatch is currently indisposed, but the opportunity to bring the rest of the team together, even if they're split and fighting against one another, is an absolute dream come true. And for those of you wondering if I've forgotten anyone, rest assured, I haven't. There are a few surprises for Alpha Flight fans in the mix, but I won't spoil anything just yet.”

“As for returning for the Fall of X era, it feels like a perfect bookend for my work on X-Men,” Brisson continued. “Having been there for the launch of the new era, it's an honor to come back and help close out this chapter of X-Men history."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=209844293
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-14-2023 at 09:03 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

This is giving me some 'hero vs hero' type flashbacks to some really bad stories but I will not pass up an Alpha Flight book.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like the sound of this and classic Alpha being back. I also enjoyed Scott Godlewski's DC work so very happy to see him brought over to the X-side!

And hopefully this will be X-Force/Extermination Brisson and not New Mutants Brisson...

Brisson writing? Hard pass. I had a lot of hype for Alpha Flight but seeing the writer has killed all my interest.

Surprised to see Brisson back, towards the bottom of surprise X-office returns I expected. What was Stephanie Williams teasing then? Another book down the line? An Unlimited story?

Also surprised this is so straightforwardly a classic Alpha Flight book. Seems fun but I do feel like a lot of big X-characters feel left out of Fall of X so far -- we may see some surprises on the main team and Immortal but feels like a lot of good characters don't have a home.

Interesting to see both of today's announcements so far explicitly called minis. Wonder if that means the others are more likely to be actual ongoings despite the subscription info.

Hoping we finally break up Aurora and Fang in this book, they were so stale in Marauders and X-Factor...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Hmm, good cast, okay writer, no Glob. I may have to give this a chance. Loyalty to my country, and all that. I'm not sure I like Canada having sentinels, though.

Snowbird yaaaaas!

Very interesting, especially about the conflicting teams. Wasn't Hudson working with Orchis? This could get messy in all the right ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Surprised to see Brisson back, towards the bottom of surprise X-office returns I expected. What was Stephanie Williams teasing then? Another book down the line? An Unlimited story?

Also surprised this is so straightforwardly a classic Alpha Flight book. Seems fun but I do feel like a lot of big X-characters feel left out of Fall of X so far -- we may see some surprises on the main team and Immortal but feels like a lot of good characters don't have a home.

Interesting to see both of today's announcements so far explicitly called minis. Wonder if that means the others are more likely to be actual ongoings despite the subscription info.
    I do agree, there seems to be a lot of Krakoans without homes unless X-Men and Immortal expand their rosters in a big way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very interesting, especially about the conflicting teams. Wasn't Hudson working with Orchis? This could get messy in all the right ways.

I do agree, there seems to be a lot of Krakoans without homes unless X-Men and Immortal expand their rosters in a big way.
    I mean the Immortal X-Men #14 solicit for August said Xavier's all on his own, the only QC member left while the others all go separate ways, and many of them already have homes in other books (Kate in X-Men, Piotr in X-Force, Storm in XMR, Mystique and Destiny supposedly in Spurrier's next book as well as Kurt most likely, etc) so I would not be surprised if the Year Two cast is pretty much a whole new QC roster.

I'll give this a go because of the classic line-up, but I'm slightly disappointed by the fact that the plot seems to be hero vs hero; I'm pretty tired of that trope. I was also hoping to see Logan pop up here.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Godlewski on art is fine.
    I don't mind Brisson THAT much.
    Not really interested by the team but maybe the political aspect will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean the Immortal X-Men #14 solicit for August said Xavier's all on his own, the only QC member left while the others all go separate ways, and many of them already have homes in other books (Kate in X-Men, Piotr in X-Force, Storm in XMR, Mystique and Destiny supposedly in Spurrier's next book as well as Kurt most likely, etc) so I would not be surprised if the Year Two cast is pretty much a whole new QC roster.
    That's true and we may get a whole new team of X-Men. Now I'm wondering what Mutant First Strike is setting up as it seemed like the first responder team would be coming into play.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm so wretchedly torn!

I didn't like Brisson's New Mutants. And I hate the premise of Canada developing/having Sentinels.
    But...
    I love seeing the return to the classic team (hopefully including Talisman and Marina) And Godlewski's art is really really good.

AAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-14-2023 at 09:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is this version of Nemesis supposed to be a mutant? If so I wonder who's beneath the mask...?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume