Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'll read it for Aurora and Daken. (Not gonna call him Feng)

Ultimate Member

While I'm delighted to see Snowbird and Shaman back, I'm not at all thrilled about them being on a team of pro-Sentinel, anti-mutant government heroes, and opposed to a more mutant-friendly team that play good-guy to their bad-guy.

Did Narya and Michael Twoyoungmen forget entirely the Alpha Flight/X-Men team-up where various X-peeps (notably Wolverine) fought like hell to save them from a world where everyone had cool world-changing powers, at the expense of the death of all the world's magic?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I'm delighted to see Snowbird and Shaman back, I'm not at all thrilled about them being on a team of pro-Sentinel, anti-mutant government heroes, and opposed to a more mutant-friendly team that play good-guy to their bad-guy.

Did Narya and Michael Twoyoungmen forget entirely the Alpha Flight/X-Men team-up where various X-peeps (notably Wolverine) fought like hell to save them from a world where everyone had cool world-changing powers, at the expense of the death of all the world's magic?
    I feel like the description of this book is fairly open to being looked at like this, but we do not know what the situation is. Something happens in Fall of X. We do not know what the impact is on Krakoa or the rest of the world. We do not know who is responsible for it or who appears to be to blame. We do know that at the least someone is giving Krakoa a bad name in Uncanny Avengers but there is some cooperation with members on that team.

For the sake of discussion, keep in mind that Krakoa is a nation. It is not mutants. The population is made up of mostly mutant powered people. If that nation were to go to war other nations would need a defense. A nation does not have to be 'anti-mutant' in order to be in conflict with Krakoa or have military technology useful in that situation. I am very much anti-gun but I sure want a well armed military defending my country.

I think we just need to see the story to understand why anyone is involved.

Fantastic Member

If it expands on the evil James Hudson and JANUS from the one shot a few years back, I’m intrigued…

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    If it expands on the evil James Hudson and JANUS from the one shot a few years back, I’m intrigued…
    I'd imagine it will expand on the Heather/James story since Brisson wrote that.

I also don't think we should have books that promote this lifestyle. We don't need kids to see this and think it's okay to be Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What has happened to Sasquatch, anyway?
    Possessed by Samson, last I checked, back in Immortal Hulk/Gamma Flight, and still the case as of Chip Zdarsky's current Daredevil run, which had Matt recruit him as a counselor for the villains he busted out of prison to hopefully redeem by shaping them into his army against the Hand.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Technically, J.A.N.U.S. was introduced at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries by Frank Tieri following Absolute Carnage, and though Mac was part of the leading council of J.A.N.U.S. when it first appeared, nobody else seemed to bother picking up on that when Mac joined Orchis after the first Hellfire Gala in S.W.O.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I'd imagine it will expand on the Heather/James story since Brisson wrote that.
    From True North? Yeah, that would be something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Possessed by Samson, last I checked, back in Immortal Hulk/Gamma Flight, and still the case as of Chip Zdarsky's current Daredevil run, which had Matt recruit him as a counselor for the villains he busted out of prison to hopefully redeem by shaping them into his army against the Hand.
    Well that sucks.

Thanks for answering, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Well that sucks.

Thanks for answering, though.
    You're welcome. It was a whole bunch of stuff having to do with the "Green Door" that was the literal revolving door between life and death for gamma mutates, who were only allowed or able to pass through because The One Below All, the equal and opposite of The One Above All, was using them to gain a foothold in the mortal plane for its ultimate destructive endgame.

I really want to give this a chance… just to support Alpha Flight… but I just have this unsettling feeling of Glob being shoved in there. I just can’t. I wouldn’t be able to look past it.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I only caught a glimpse of aurora and fang in X-men, so I wasn’t sure what was going on there. I hope they pick up that thread.
    Last edited by protege; 04-15-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, J.A.N.U.S. was introduced at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries by Frank Tieri following Absolute Carnage, and though Mac was part of the leading council of J.A.N.U.S. when it first appeared, nobody else seemed to bother picking up on that when Mac joined Orchis after the first Hellfire Gala in S.W.O.R.D.

From True North? Yeah, that would be something to see.
    Sorry, I wasn’t reading anything Spider related with some of your references. As an Alpha supporter, my only current exposure is the True North special, so I’m a bit behind…

I had honestly completely forgotten Brisson was actually Canadian. No wonder he had an affinity for Wolverine and, now, Alpha Flight.

Not sure I care for a premise that pits the classic team against the more overtly "Pro-Mutant" team, but hopefully it turns out well.

Always in for Alpha
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver